• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

eli polite

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
delaware
-with a compact like the g29 how much effectiveness does a cartridge like the 10mm loose?

- I guess what i'm really asking is .... is it pointless to have a 10mm in a compact ?

eli polite said:
is it pointless to have a 10mm in a compact ?

Not at all.

Figure ~50fps loss between a G20 and G29.

[MENTION=2925]300WSM[/MENTION]

is a member here on the hide that is really into glocks (and 10mm ones) and has a ton of youtube videos firing various ammo through them over the chrono.

IIRC, he had some Underwood brand 180gr Underwood ammo clocking 1400fps (or damn near) from a G29.

Get one, they're awesome.

Last edited:
nice I have several full size 1911 10mm.. so keeping with the same ammo just reduces the amount of calibers I need to buy

Not at all.

Figure ~50fps loss between a G20 and G29.

[MENTION=2925]300WSM[/MENTION]

is a member here on the hide that is really into glocks (and 10mm ones) and has a ton of youtube videos firing various ammo through them over the chrono.

IIRC, he had some Underwood brand 180gr Underwood ammo clocking 1400fps (or damn near) from a G29.

Get one, they're awesome.

I second this.. I have a G29 and love it. If you want to really spice things up get a Lone Wolf barrel in 9X25 Dillon and put some of those rounds through it. Ensure you load em with blue dot powder then put your shades on before firing. You'll have heads turning at the range I promise.
And don't forget your ear plugs.
Gary