• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOBRYDEL

That Guy
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2004
Canadian County, Ok.
I bought a new G34 and took it to the range today. I'm having issues with the slide closing on a empty magazine probably 8 out of 10 times. Out of probably 150 rounds fired I also had 4 failure to feed issues. Thre of these I was able to clear with a tap/rack/bang then other I had to strip the magazine, put another one and then got it into battery.

Our Department F/A Inst. was there and he had the same issues as I was having. Limp wristing didn't seem the problem and we weren't pushing the slide stop lever on accident with our thumbs. I also tried two different brands/bullet weights of ammo. I only took two magazines with me and had problems with both mags.

I have several Glocks and have never had to "break" on in to get it to shoot right. Anyone else having these problems or have any ideas?

Re: G34 issues

had same issue with my glock 34 at first i thought it was the magazines so i changed those out then started having failure to eject and failure to feed problems what fixed it was i loaded the mags to full capacity for a week and i scrubbed the hell out of the gun with a toothbrush and saturated it in gun oil and used montana extreme gun grease on the slide since then i have had no problems and the more i shoot it the better it seems to get round count currently is around 400

That's kinda what I was wondering if it needed to be broke in. I've never had to do that to any of my other Glock. They always shot fine out of the box.

I ditched the extended slide release on my G34 as my thumbs sometimes would hold the release down - keeping it from locking on an empty magazine.

Are you 100% sure that you didn't have a thumb on the slide release?

I can't say for 100% my thumb wasn't on the slide release but I don't think it was. I was already thinking about replacing it with a standard release.

that's probably one of the most common "shooter" induced malfunctions i've seen with the glock, and that's with the extended or standard release...it happened to me quite a bit in the past until i made adjustments with my grip....

regarding the intent of the posting, i don't think its a qualtiy control issue...its more than likely a "shooter" induced malfunction...

It was not a shooter induced malfunction. But just in case it might have been, I had another shooter give it a try. He had the same problems. We have both been shooting Glocks for years with no problems. It's starting to look like a magazine/follower issue. Headed back to the range tomorrow with different mags, so we will see.

Did you run the gun wet, or dry?

I ride the extended slide stop shut all the time (other times I lock it open in recoil on a full mag by bumping into it), so I can never use guns that have them. I have zero problems with the standard release.

If you still have problems with the gun when it's well lubricated, I'd think about making a phone call to Smyrna.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ditched the extended slide release on my G34 as my thumbs sometimes would hold the release down - keeping it from locking on an empty magazine.

Are you 100% sure that you didn't have a thumb on the slide release? </div></div>

+1
This is what happened with me. As soon as I switched off from the extended release things got better. The ergos still sucked and I am now a happy M&P shooter.

What ammo are you running? I have had issues using the Remington FMJ ammo with the G34, even the Glock rep I was shooting with had the same issue. It's underpowered as far as I can tell. We swapped to the Winchester white box FMJ and never had an issue since.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ANVIL11-87</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was already thinking about replacing it with a standard release. </div></div>

I did this too and haven't had an issue since.

I was shooting 115 ball practice ammo that is issued at our Department. I'm gonna try don WBB as well as Speer GD this afternoon.

When I had the problems the other day, I was using some old mags from my G17. I called Glock this morning and they said to try the newer mags that came with it.

We'll see here in a little while

I used different mags and changed the slide stop lever for good measure and went to the range. I fired around 250 rounds with no problem. Guess I'll keep using the newer mags.

good for you...no slam was intended with shooter induced malfunction...i guess it was a weapon induced...reason i mentioned it is, like i mentioned, it was happening to me in the past until i adjusted my grip...and, i still see it on the range quite a bit still with other shooters...glad you figured it out...