• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors G34 Question...

iplumb

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2010
New York
Hello All,
I just got a new G34. It is a blue label with the 5.5 connector. My question is what after market connector / trigger / mods should I do to maximize this pistol?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: G34 Question...

Not sure why it is a blue label 5.5 connector. I have a G34 and G35 and both are designed to come with a 3.5 connector as should yours. Must be something different about it then as I am unaware of the change. You can pick up a 3.5 connector pretty cheap at multiple places. The 3.5 connector is all you need as it should have come with the gun. other than that you can have the trigger buffed and polished to make it a bit smoother. That is about it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=932026

They are pretty easy to install. No smithing experience needed.

Sorry - should have been more clear - the G34 is a LEO model that came with a blue label on the box. It is marked right on the label that it came with a 5.5 connector.

ah that makes sense. Trigger has to be a bit heavier for duty kinda work. You can pick up the 3.5 pretty cheap so no issues there and easy install.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iplumb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello All,
I just got a new G34. It is a blue label with the 5.5 connector. My question is what after market connector / trigger / mods should I do to maximize this pistol?

Thanks,
Mike </div></div>

What are you maximizing it FOR?

Good stainless aftermarket barrel if you want better accuracy/ either the .25 cent trigger job (google it) with a Wolf 3.5 disconnector/ or a Vanek trigger

Thanks for the answers so far. No plans for comps - just a fun, accurate range gun that i am going to shoot the crap out of.

The simple answer is

www.vanekcustom.com

His drop in triggers are absolutely unbelievable. They are incredibly reliable and they still light off all primers.

You can spend a ton of time trying to do your trigger yourself and get a decent result but oftentimes they are a bit finicky.

install a 3.5lbs connector, replace the front and rear sight with metal ones of your liking and go shoot.
hope this helps.

Get a ghost 3.5# dis connector fit it for reset. Put some warren sights on it and try to wear it out.

I 'll have to second Pedro in Savannah...does miracles on tirggers, worked on all my CZ's.

Question on the Vanek Triggers for those that run them....

Does the Super Trigger Kit give the Glock a 1911 style break or close to it rather than the spongy feeling the 5.5 or 3.5 have?

Or even the Glockworx triggers...

I picked up Mike Gibson's G34 and dry fired it last year and was amazed how it broke, but neglected to ask what he did to it.

A Glock trigger will never be 1911 like, a Vanek IMHO is the best a Glock trigger can be though, I wish I had one in my G35, until I get one my 25 cent trigger job and competition spring kit works just fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">install a 3.5lbs connector, replace the front and rear sight with metal ones of your liking and go shoot.
hope this helps. </div></div>

This. Once you have shot it for a while you will know what you want to do beyond this.

Go get used to the 5.5 trigger then do a self-installed factory 3.5 trigger. Nothing wrong with it as it is now. More important is trigger time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iplumb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the answers so far. No plans for comps - just a fun, accurate range gun that i am going to shoot the crap out of. </div></div>

well then your ready to rock and roll... its fun and accurate right out of the box.. dont waste money on aftermarket junk. the pistols already more accurate then any shooter on here can shoot it. anyone who tells you they gained accuracy with a new barrel either is lying to get you to buy one or cant shoot a pistol very well and THINKS they gained something by getting a new barrel. i can put 10 rounds inside a nickel at 7 yards with my G23 all stock except new sights.. and i know the guns capable of better then that.

just shoot the fucker...

Personally I hate 3.5# triggers in Glocks. The weight advantage really isn't and they have longer travel for brake and reset; not much but it's there. If you simply have to tinker with it do the $.25 trigger job and go to the range. If that still isn't enough then get a Ghost connector fitted. Those actually do seem to make a difference. I'd also tell you to look at some better sights. What was said earlier about the barrels is true they are more than accurate enough but you won't get the true potential out of the gun with the factory sights. Look at the Dawson adjustable.