• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

G40 MOS/DeltaPointPro Conundrum

• Thread starter Deleted member 137765
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 137765

Need assistance selecting a proper solution to this issue, my rear night sights sit too low since mounting the DeltaPoint Pro 2.5 MOA optic and I want to co-witness the red dot with iron sights. Firearm is a Glock 40 MOS used primarily for backcountry defense. Suggestions?

Well... I just went through this same process of finding the proper height sights. *** For my set-up ***, which is a G17MOS, CHPWS plate, Holosun 407c, I wound up with Ameriglo GL-429 which has a height of .315" front/ .394" rear. This is about as low as you can go to still see it in the window of my RDS, as in it's lower than a 1/3 co-witness.

So, at minimum, I'd say you need .315"/.394" height sights, but I don't know how the height of a CHPWS plate/Holosun 407c compares to the height of your plate/DPP. You could always play it safe and go up one size.

I'll get a pic of my g19 when I get home. I've got it milled with a vortex and the gl-429 irons. They're visible in the glass, but are damn low and damn near useless as a quick backup I'd day. If you know you're going to be using them, they'll work, but to switch from dot to irons intuitively isn't going to happen.

If you want a true co-witness you'll have to get something taller.

I'll get a pic of my g19 when I get home. I've got it milled with a vortex and the gl-429 irons. They're visible in the glass, but are damn low and damn near useless as a quick backup I'd day. If you know you're going to be using them, they'll work, but to switch from dot to irons intuitively isn't going to happen.

If you want a true co-witness you'll have to get something taller.

RDS on a milled slide SHOULD sit lower than an RDS on a MOS that requires a mounting plate.

I personally believe that an “absolute co-witness” would be counter-intuitive to the idea of having nonbusy glass.

On my Glock 40 MOS with Deltapoint Pro mounted, I used this sight set from Dawson Precision (black front and black rear). Since the DPP on a MOS plate is so tall, this set is basically a lower 1/3 cowitness.

•Dawson MOS Co-Witness Fixed Rear .495 Tall x .125 Notch Width
•Dawson Fiber Optic and Black Front Sight .485 Tall x .100 Wide, Tritium .125 Wide

Unwilling to give up night sights as this may likely to be deployed in low light or no light conditions. It's also why I use ammo with low flash powder.

Was this one of the Glocks that already came pre cut?

Asking because when I had my 19x cut for an RMR, it sits much lower in the slide than your DeltaPoint does. I do know they need seperate cuts (I remember there being a note when I had mine done that the Trijicon cut wont fit the Deltapoint) but your sights already look like suppressor height sights yet they level off right at the lower window on your DeltaPoint.

I'm not familiar with the DeltaPoint cuts, but you either don't have it cut properly as far as depth (not too likely) or you need even higher sights as mentioned above.

If you plan to utilize this pistol at night, get the blacked out rear with the tritium dot in the front. It's easier at night as you won't have 4 dots floating around with the 2 on the rear, 1 in front and 1 in the RMR; all of which look very similiar using NV. Don't worry about the rears being blacked out; if you're going to use this at night and the RMR dies, you're most likely going to be using an IR laser at that point anyways but can still use the front site. Your head position and natual grip on the pistol will matter more with lining up your sights at night due to the parallax distortion through NV anyways.

This is the pre-cut Gen 4 G40 MOS (modular optic system). If the DeltaPoint Pro were to fail, I would need the front & rear night sights...thus the reason I am unwilling to sacrifice them. Had "issues" with battery powered sights in the past that really sucked.

2nd recommendation for Dawson Precision. Great ppl to deal with great sights.
they are on all of my MOS Glocks.
Don’t know what holster you use but those sights are really tall and won’t fit the Guides Choice I know.

Take off the sights and dry fire practice. The sights only slow you down. If you need the sights you don't need to RDS.

Unwilling to give up night sights as this may likely to be deployed in low light or no light conditions. It's also why I use ammo with low flash powder.

One of the drop down options for the Dawson Precision link I posted is Tritium front and Tritium rear.

Hope that helps.

Get flip up sights ?

82842D58-7E11-4CF3-9EB5-CC9F265EA0DD.png
611058F1-5CE2-453E-A158-C7364567C32A.png

Reactions: sgtsmmiii

Night sights are useless if you can't positively ID your target. You can't positively ID your target without sufficient ambient light or a pistol mounted light, either of which renders tritium sights unnecessary.

tacticool bullshit

Reactions: PBWalsh
The only reason night sights may have a place is locating your pistol on the nightstand. But that should be muscle memory.

If you don’t have a WML, don’t worry about anything else. PID on target is of the highest priority. If you activate your WML, the tritium blacks out and is useless. Day time shooting with tritium sucks as it sucks your eye focus to it.

Go blacked rear and either a blacked or fiber optic front. Leave tritium to folks who do not actually shoot with WML.

Go blacked rear and fiber optic front.

That's how all my handguns are set up.

Tritium sights are useless to find the pistol in the dark as well. Mine goes in the same corner of the drawer every night. Just like grabbing it out of the holster, I don't need to look either.

My suggestion is a better RDS that won’t fail in the backcountry. My RMR never had any issues with moisture/cold weather in the Montana mountains backcountry camping.

My suggestion is a better RDS that won’t fail in the backcountry. My RMR never had any issues with moisture/cold weather in the Montana mountains backcountry camping.
Which model? I was looking at the battery powered one that doesn’t need turn off and was auto adjusting

Get the RMR Type 2. Manual controls, don’t need auto adjust, just adjust it for the day/night and go on.

Which model? I was looking at the battery powered one that doesn’t need turn off and was auto adjusting

I have that model. It’s nice having the auto adjust when going from darker to lighter rooms or activating a weapon light and not having to worry about your dot brightness.

However, the drawback is for night vision use it’s not adjustable which means the dot brightness amplifies and becomes too bright for use under nods.

Do you need auto adjust? No...but the only reason I’ve ever needed to adjust it or want the ability to adjust it is for NV use. Otherwise I just point and shoot regardless of lighting conditions.

Need assistance selecting a proper solution to this issue, my rear night sights sit too low since mounting the DeltaPoint Pro 2.5 MOA optic and I want to co-witness the red dot with iron sights. Firearm is a Glock 40 MOS used primarily for backcountry defense. Suggestions?

Already been answered but the trijicon suppressor sights are really nice and tall enough. Ameriglo makes their 3XL that are tall enough as well that are less $

Last edited:
Already been answered but the trijicon suppressor sights are really nice and tall enough. Ameriglo makes their 3XL that are tall enough as well that are less $

Found what I needed at https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-...ro-vortex-razor-and-similar-red-dot-scopes-2/.

I asked Trijicon about it and this was their reply:

Good afternoon Bruce,
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, our sights do not clear the extremely tall rear of the Delta Point. We recommend obtaining taller sights from Ameriglo, who offer a much larger heights to accommodate your optic.

Thank you
Dan
Trijicon® Technical Support

Asked Ameriglo too, they replied with this:

"We only make one set that is tall enough. Our Part # GL-808 will give you a lower 1/3 co-witness with the Leupold DPP."

Regards,
Don Anderson
AmeriGlo

[email protected]

Looks like i'm the guinea pig. Dawson orders take 3 weeks...will letcha know how it goes.

PS: To BKS...holster not a problem, got a Dara.

g40-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lawofsavage
How did the Dawson sights work out for the OP? Looking at the same setup except using a CHPWS plate instead of the Glock plate. I wish I could get a non MOS 40 and have it cut properly.

I am 1000% satisfied with the Dawson sights and practice using both iron & red dot. Groups are comparable. I had difficulty shooting video with my left hand but you get the idea. Best viewed in full screen to see red dot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your pistol must be broken. I don’t see a WML anywhere. All kidding aside, anything you plan to use for work, carry or home defense should have a WML. Positive target ID is critical; the WML could literally mean the difference between a good shoot & an indictment.

Reactions: TheTick
Your pistol must be broken. I don’t see a WML anywhere. All kidding aside, anything you plan to use for work, carry or home defense should have a WML. Positive target ID is critical; the WML could literally mean the difference between a good shoot & an indictment.

and/or shooting your teenage daughter sneaking back into the house.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
Not really a concern. I have all kinds of high and low tech systems in place including perimeter alarms, automatic security lights, surveillance cams I can watch on mobile devices or the screen next to my bed, 3 loud dogs that don't bark at family but go crazy on everyone else and my wife & I become empty-nesters this month. Prior to that the entire family was drilled in home defense including designated fields of fire from cover. The staircase is a total kill zone. Had someone on my property one night (entered a gate to the backyard) around midnight. Grabbed my shotgun and moved downstairs while the wife called 911...I tracked his movements on my phone (sec cams) and waited for what I expected to be a break-in. He sat on a bench and passed out...just a drunk lost in the neighborhood, couldn't find his way back to the party. LOL

I have years of tactical training (CCW) so no real worries there. When hiking out into the field before dawn we rarely use lights, just close the eyes for a bit and adjust to the ambient light from the stars and moon. Have hiked hundreds of miles this way over the years. If it's steep and/or treacherous terrain then I'll use a headlamp but even then it's a red, blue or green one.

P1011011.JPG

I carry this as part of my EDC as well.

SureFire Stiletto
SureFireStiletto.jpg