• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up GA Long Range Shoot

bigjohn451

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2010
Pooler GA
Cool Acres Sporting Camp near Swainsboro is hosting a 600yd Benchrest and Modified F-Class match on 30 October.

After lunch they will be doing a fun 1000yd shoot for those interested.

If your interested send me a PM and I'll forward the match flyer to you.

Re: GA Long Range Shoot

I'll be there, Eric's wife cuts my wifes hair and made sure I got one of the brochures. Looking forward to it, see you there

OK on the 27th of this Month they are doing it again, and I'll be there again. These are a great bunch of guys that like to shoot and the lodge is really nice as well. Eric and Joe do a fine job.

Keith

thx guys for the mention of our range. As always you are most welcome to come anytime. It is great to have you guys come and shoot with us. Eric and I are trying to work out a day in Dec.
to shoot, just for the fun of it. I will glad to keep any one posted on it, email me or just post here. I do not know if it would be appropriate to post the winners on here or not, new to this forum...

thx again Joe Merry Christmas to all!! God Bless
and please keep our Military in your prayers..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2506rem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
thx guys for the mention of our range. As always you are most welcome to come anytime. It is great to have you guys come and shoot with us. Eric and I are trying to work out a day in Dec.
to shoot, just for the fun of it. I will glad to keep any one posted on it, email me or just post here. I do not know if it would be appropriate to post the winners on here or not, new to this forum...

thx again Joe Merry Christmas to all!! God Bless
and please keep our Military in your prayers..
</div></div>

You have a PM

Hey, guys we are going to have a shoot the last Saturday of
January. Come and join us.. 600yd event at Cool Springs Sporting Camp.

thx joe

Are you going to be having regular events? I live just below Albany and maybe I could make it.

mdawson, I have been at the range for the past couple of days, sorry i did not respond quicker. we normally shoot every last Saturday of the month. I would love for you to come up any time let me know when you want to come and i will try to edit my work schedule to accommodate you. so you can shoot on the range before the match..

thx joe

How is this range? Do you have a link you can post or provide a short review? I am from the Atlanta area, but I used to hunt in Hancock, Emanuel, and Washington Counties. I am familiar with the Swainsboro area. Would like to check this range out.

Hi, We have a 600 yd shoot every last Saturday of the month. We have 1000yds to shoot also. It is off of exit 84 on I-16. We are somewhat new. We shoot 3 disciplines all modified. F-t/r, Open and Benchrest. F-T/R is 223 or 308 only (prone) Bolt action.
Open is any caliber rifle except magnums. or 50 cal. We plan on having a 50 cal shoots, in a little while. Benchrest is for guns that are built specifically for shooting of of a Bench.(3" wide forearm) up 30 cal. non mags. we do not have a web page yet it is in the works. We are now working on pits. We have 4x4 frames with coroplast for holding the targets. to see the targets we use go to pistoleer.com and view the IBS 600yd blue targets.
We have 3 relays of 10 shots each and a warm up(sighting in)prior to the match. I may be up there next Wednesday
working on the range..
If I can be of any assistance let me know.. home# 912-728-3469 or work 912-826-4800

thx Joe

Joe,
Is F/TR still limited to factory guns only or can we shoot customs or ones that have been modified?
Thanks.

Tell me what you have so I can make a good decision. Because i would want to be fair with every one.

thx Joe

I may be able to make it next weekend. I'm not sure if I will be able to shoot. If I can shoot it will be with my Stiller. Not quite sure what class I would fit in. Are we allowed to shoot with cans?

We can put you in the open class if you want to shoot, yes you can shoot with cans.. Be glad to have you with us.. We just want
everyone to be safe and have fun.. So come on down if you can make it.. If you want to be added to our mailing list email me at: [email protected]

thx for your support Joe

First I want to thank every one that came out.( Skyler it was good to see you and your pardner) Hope you come again. We will be having a match on 04/30/2011. Come on out and have some fun with us...Let me know if I can be of any assistance..

thx Joe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2506rem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First I want to thank every one that came out.( Skyler it was good to see you and your pardner) Hope you come again. We will be having a match on 04/30/2011. Come on out and have some fun with us...Let me know if I can be of any assistance.. thx Joe </div></div>

I might come up for the Apr 30th shoot. Can you shoot .338LM?

Had a good time at the shoot today, the pit is nice.

I might come up for the Apr 30th shoot. Can you shoot .338LM?
[/quote]

That 338 is badass.

Awesome freakin' match today guys. Great meeting everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sst04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That 338 is badass. </div></div>

Thanks bro. It was definately on point today
grin.gif

Hi all,
I'm going to be moving to Augusta later this year (month or two) for work and am looking for a long range to shoot at. I'm new to LR shooting and am wanting to learn as much as I can. How often are these shoots? Is there a caliber restriction (I have a 50 BMG)? How much is entry/membership?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all,
I'm going to be moving to Augusta later this year (month or two) for work and am looking for a long range to shoot at. I'm new to LR shooting and am wanting to learn as much as I can. How often are these shoots? Is there a caliber restriction (I have a 50 BMG)? How much is entry/membership? </div></div>
From what I understand this range is not quite public yet but that's soon to change. They hold them the last Saturday of each month.