• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision 22 GT

This question has prob been answered here somewhere already, but what are you guys running for 22GT dies. 6GT with bushing? What about seater?
Still waiting on my barrel, but whidden 6gt bushing FL sizer and "The Seating Die" from SAC.

I’m interested in the faster 22 cals. Just converted my 22-250 to a 1:7 fast twist. Seeing 3,050 fps with 88 gr ELD and 90 gr A-tip running 37.5 gr of N555. I was looking to break 3000 fps. Starting seeing some pressure at 38 grains N555 and the load was slightly compressed.
You should be able to up that speed i would think. My 22br ran up to 3150 with the 88's and 31.5 grains n550. I backed it down to 3020 and 30.3 grains where i found a good load. My barrel is 23".
22Gt and 22-250 should be exceeding the BR quite easily

I am new to reloading and this cartridge. What is everyone using to trim their cases? Would anything that fits 6GT fit this as well?

What is the oal of the 22gt? Could a person run one in an ar15?

Wanting to build a couple better .22 cal rifles, same caliber for in a bolt and ar15. Been looking into a 22br, 22 grendel and a 22gt. What are the case lengths and oal case lengths for all 3? I think the gt would be sweet but not sure if it’s an ar15 capable cartridge.

You should be able to up that speed i would think. My 22br ran up to 3150 with the 88's and 31.5 grains n550. I backed it down to 3020 and 30.3 grains where i found a good load. My barrel is 23".
22Gt and 22-250 should be exceeding the BR quite easily

I think so. Its still early on this barrel and I switch to N555 powder due to availability. Problem with N555 is the charge approaches being compressed around 38.0 grains. I was using H4350 early on but powder was very low. Also, ran non-magnum primers. Still working on it, but its good enought to shoot coyotes for now.

Wanting to build a couple better .22 cal rifles, same caliber for in a bolt and ar15. Been looking into a 22br, 22 grendel and a 22gt. What are the case lengths and oal case lengths for all 3? I think the gt would be sweet but not sure if it’s an ar15 capable cartridge.
It isn't.

Reactions: IHFarmer07
thread drift but who makes 22 grendel barrels nowadays?
I’m getting ready to ask a place on Facebook. Baldwin gun works do the grendel and I seen a post about them doing a 6gt in a ar15. That’s way I asked the question here about a 22gt in a ar15…..figured someone surely would know more here.

A 22 grendel thread would be a good start probably

Isnt this what 224 valk and 22 nosler were competing over when they came out? Could try lookin in one of those threads too

Isnt this what 224 valk and 22 nosler were competing over when they came out? Could try lookin in one of those threads too
Hate the 22 nosler brass trasher and I have a Valkyrie but it’s so damn finicky to the point it’s not that fun to reload for. I pissed away a lot of time, resources and components just in my bolt gun to find what works so so and I’ve seen what experienced ppl gone through to try and get an ar15 in that chambering to shoot…….I will never have an AR Valkyrie. I’m looking for something faster with better brass even though I have probably 300-400 once fired starline brass. If I could seek out of the Valkyrie I probably would. I have a love/hate relationship with the Valkyrie.

Reactions: Scott D

Someone in the gt fb group has posted about a gt on the ar15 platform that they put together.

Has anyone tried IMR4166, looking for a good starting load.

Last edited:
If you cant find Varget, I'm running 37.2gr of Winchester Staball 6.5 pushing 88ELDs at 3115fps. It's a laserbeam. Hit at 1016 yds at a match Saturday.
How long's your barrel?
Anxiously awaiting my 16*er to arrive this week from Straight jacket