• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision Customer Service

Stevo3556

Texas
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2017
Houston, Texas
I have had a few issues with customer service from other companies in the last few years. Doesn't seem like it exists anymore. Too much time waiting on hold, too much time spent listening to a menu to get to the correct person when a person answering the phone could save the customers time. This tells me that they believe their time is more important than the customers. So I felt it was even more important to state when there is actually great customer service.

I bought a used GA Precision rifle several years ago that looked in new condition. After shooting a few hundred rounds I had an occasional issue. I sent in the rifle to GA Precision to have it inspected and repaired as necessary. Even though I was not the original owner, it had been sold many years ago, and they were now on the next generation of this model, they inspected, replaced an obsolete part that was not in stock, added an adjustable gas block at cost with no labor charge, and shipped it in a new case for free! All during this time I received numerous calls from them with updates and discussed what may have caused this issue.

George was the gunsmith that I spoke with the most and completed the work, however, everyone I talked to from my initial call to Jeremy in customer service, and Jennifer who sent me a picture to explain the issue, could not have been more friendly and knowledgeable.

Thank you,
Steve

Glad to hear you were treated well. My first and last experience with them was to order a rifle (FBI HRT) and six months later when I called to check on the status learned that the order taker never put it in the system. I was back to the end of the line if I cared to maintain the order. I didn't. You can imagine how happy I was about that.

• Wow
Reactions: Baron23
couple years ago i was interested in a GA gun and they were very responsive to my emails and i ended up passing for other reasons.

couple months ago i asked a couple questions about their production rifle and got zero responses back.

I have had a few issues with customer service from other companies in the last few years. Doesn't seem like it exists anymore. Too much time waiting on hold, too much time spent listening to a menu to get to the correct person when a person answering the phone could save the customers time. This tells me that they believe their time is more important than the customers. So I felt it was even more important to state when there is actually great customer service.

I bought a used GA Precision rifle several years ago that looked in new condition. After shooting a few hundred rounds I had an occasional issue. I sent in the rifle to GA Precision to have it inspected and repaired as necessary. Even though I was not the original owner, it had been sold many years ago, and they were now on the next generation of this model, they inspected, replaced an obsolete part that was not in stock, added an adjustable gas block at cost with no labor charge, and shipped it in a new case for free! All during this time I received numerous calls from them with updates and discussed what may have caused this issue.

George was the gunsmith that I spoke with the most and completed the work, however, everyone I talked to from my initial call to Jeremy in customer service, and Jennifer who sent me a picture to explain the issue, could not have been more friendly and knowledgeable.

Thank you,
Steve
It wasn't George the HMFIC was it?

Striped1,

He just said his name was George. He told me what he was going to do and did it. There was not let me see what I can do. He could not have been nicer or more helpful. When he said he was going to send me a pic, I had it in a min, not later that day.

Steve

Good to hear !!

I have had a very similar experience with Surefire, service above and beyond my expectations.

Off to look around GA Precision's website.

Reactions: Stevo3556
Found one last year in their “ready to ship” section that had the tiny manners...worst decision I ever made. Now I’m reloading batches of 6.5 C like every other week to feed someone’s addiction and can’t afford my own!
C6A5FD12-9A27-4E25-A61C-104ABF86739C.jpeg

924015C0-A616-47E2-BC54-917AD7679966.jpeg

I had pretty much the exact opposite experience with GA several years ago on a new GAP-10 .308 Gen 1. CS was nice enough on the phone, but they never resolved the issue with the rifle, even after sending it back twice. Each time GA responded with that they fired a few rounds through it, couldn't duplicate the issue, said it was fine (when it was clearly not) and sent it back. In frustration I finally sent it to another name brand shop and they found the relatively simple issue right away and fixed it. It ran perfect ever since, so I was not imagining this. But that was after $100s of shipping charges, 100s of round$ and hundreds of hours of pulling my hair out as to why it would not function.

I'm not saying this at all to throw shit at GA. I'm sure GA makes a fine product and their CS is great now, but I was unimpressed at the time. Hopefully my case was a one off anomaly. I'm glad it's improved and people are happy.

Reactions: Stevo3556