• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA precision gap 10 G2 issues

Cbrjohnny1

Outdoorsman
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2018
Lonestar
I've been back and forth with the guys over at GA precision I believe I have a defective gas block because I turned the gas all the way off and the rifle still cycles (Seekins gas block) I've been passed from Ken to Jeremy and then Jeremy was suppose to have Mark I believe contact me. Jeremy mentioned them having complaints about the seekins gas blocks and mentioned sending me an SLR what they use now. I cannot get into contact with those guys anymore left several messages. Anyone else have or have had similar issues with gap 10 semi auto in 6.5cm? Thanks

are you using a can? i have a SP10 with the gas turned "off", but the rifle still cycles. i am not sure if you have the same adjustable gas block as i do (is the factory seekins the same as the seekins/gap ?). i sent an email to seekins about and they said there is some built in gas bypass that the rifle will still cycle with the gas "off".

i have not tried mine with gas "off" and without a can to see if is still cycles and locks back on an empty mag.

I had a GAP10 G2 in 260 and had the SLR AGB. I could stop cycling the rifle by shutting the gas off, even with my OpsInc 3rd Model screwed on the muzzle. It took 4 clicks open to reliably lock open with the can, 6 without.

I had a GAP10 G2 in 260 and had the SLR AGB. I could stop cycling the rifle by shutting the gas off, even with my OpsInc 3rd Model screwed on the muzzle. It took 4 clicks open to reliably lock open with the can, 6 without.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

The Superlative also worked very well on my 308 Armalite AR10. My Ops Inc sits back over the barrel by 4.5" so the gas venting from the Superlative shredded the mirage cover.

Reactions: Proarc

Glen Seekins has a lifetime guarantee. Call and ask them, also not that you should as George’s shop should help you, but have you removed it? Just to ensure it (AGB) lines up with the gas port?

I have an SP10 that uses the same gas block, I had an issue and Seekins replaced it without issue. This is a Gap problem to fix, but limited choices call for easy decisions...do it yourself until Gap responds.

Glen Seekins has a lifetime guarantee. Call and ask them, also not that you should as George’s shop should help you, but have you removed it? Just to ensure it (AGB) lines up with the gas port?

I have an SP10 that uses the same gas block, I had an issue and Seekins replaced it without issue. This is a Gap problem to fix, but limited choices call for easy decisions...do it yourself until Gap responds.
I left several messages up at GA and honestly I'm over calling these guys to get a faulty gas block replaced. I don't like to complain but I dont have time to be blown off over a 50 dollar (cost) part. They had decent customer service at first then kept passing me to different people it was a bit annoying. I went through trouble shooting with Ken (nice guy) then passed to Jeremy then to someone else who never called me.

I left several messages up at GA and honestly I'm over calling these guys to get a faulty gas block replaced. I don't like to complain but I dont have time to be blown off over a 50 dollar (cost) part. They had decent customer service at first then kept passing me to different people it was a bit annoying. I went through trouble shooting with Ken (nice guy) then passed to Jeremy then to someone else who never called me.

Realize that this is a seriously busy time of year for them, and several of the guys (including George) are at SHOT right now. The week leading up to SHOT is usually a busy one, too, as they're getting everything ready to go to Vegas. Ken is still at the shop this week, so I'd try sending him an email (PM me if you need it) or calling and leaving him a message. I'm sure the guys will make it right.

I sent
Realize that this is a seriously busy time of year for them, and several of the guys (including George) are at SHOT right now. The week leading up to SHOT is usually a busy one, too, as they're getting everything ready to go to Vegas. Ken is still at the shop this week, so I'd try sending him an email (PM me if you need it) or calling and leaving him a message. I'm sure the guys will make it right.
I sent him an email 10 days ago. I understand they are busy and its shot show but this has been ongoing for a month back and forth. I just dont like to be passed from one guy to the next it gets old.

I sent I sent him an email 10 days ago. I understand they are busy and its shot show but this has been ongoing for a month back and forth. I just dont like to be passed from one guy to the next it gets old.

When was the last time you heard from anyone at the shop, and when was your last time trying to contact them (phone or email)?

I tried a few days ago and the last time I heard from anyone was maybe 10-14 days ago.