• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

GA Precision GAP-10

Re: GA Precision GAP-10

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: manderson2228</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the wait time on one of these now a days. I've heard nothing but great things about the gun, might put one on order next week. </div></div>
I ordered mine on the 1st of May and was quoted 2-4 months. I'd imagine that's proving to be accurate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it will out shoot a LaRue, but then again, that's not too hard. </div></div>

Doubtful because my GAP AR10 would not. I am glad I sold it. It was about a 1 moa gun tops. My friends Larue does better than that (more like .6). Next .308 AR I get will be a Larue.
Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am getting really tired of this comparison. Why can't we all agree to disagree and move on...... </div></div>You can't put too much weight in auto comparisons anyway. Too many variables. Shooting sub minute with one stick and not with another can simply mean your driving one of them wrong and you don't know it. They don't all drive the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskapopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it will out shoot a LaRue, but then again, that's not too hard. </div></div>

Doubtful because my GAP AR10 would not. I am glad I sold it. It was about a 1 moa gun tops. My friends Larue does better than that (more like .6). Next .308 AR I get will be a Larue.
Pat </div></div>

What was your serial number?
When did you get it?

my Gap10 wlll shoot .25" groups easily, so I cant say i believe you at all.

I have no dog in this fight, because I make my own semi-auto rifles, but I know George has an accuracy guarantee and if its not getting under an inch there is something wrong. It could be ammo or the driver, not doggin anyone, but those Bartlein barrels rock.

Older semi autos from GAP are not the new GAP-10s it's a completely different system being used, from upper & lowers to the heat sink, barrels, etc.

They can't be compared.

That said i have two older GAP built semis and both are easily a 1/2" shooter. But then again you have to know how to shoot them.

well said lowlight! technology has change for the better who would have thought!
grin.gif

I really really really hate to ask this question. My google-fu and my communication with GAP are not working well. Can I buy/own a GAP-10 if I live in Kalifornia? No Seriously...
laugh.gif

Thx

"Gap 10" They list 3 options for brakes:
Badger,G.A. Precision and Surefire

I will be shooting paper and steel....probably 200 to 600 more than anything. Anything radically different about these 3 that I should consider.

Thanks, Gil Horsley

"Gap 10" They list 3 options for brakes:
Badger,G.A. Precision and Surefire

I will be shooting paper and steel....probably 200 to 600 more than anything. Anything radically different about these 3 that I should consider.

Thanks, Gil Horsley

I took my 18" out the other day for some more range time. All shooting was done with SW Ammo 175s and running a Surefire suppressor. It functioned flawlessly and there was no gas through the rear. Zero shift from unsuppressed was the same as on my other rifles with this can 0.1-0.2mil to 6 oclock. I couldnt get a good seated or prone position on this particular range day, so all firing was done leaning onto the concrete bench standing up (pretty stable actually). I just brought it out to play a little, test the can performance, and get used to the new trigger (Geissele)...so groups were unorganized and random numbers. They were probably between 8 and 15 rounds each and all were right about 0.5-0.6 inches at 100. In the hands of someone who runs a gas gun well, I'm sure it will hammer. The function was, of course, perfect. There were no issues running suppressed. Sorry, no chrono numbers.

To all waiting patiently, you wont be dissappointed.

I'm right behind you. I ordered the same thing today but I am having an additional 22" upper in 6.5 Creedmoor with SF break to go with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bmorgan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm right behind you. I ordered the same thing today but I am having an additional 22" upper in 6.5 Creedmoor with SF break to go with it. </div></div>

When you get this, please post your evaluation of it. I'm thinking about the same configuration, but I'm holding out to see if they come out with a switchable gas block for shooting suppressed.

I nixed the PRI gas block because as 9H was kind enough to point out, they are not selectable. So if GAP does develop the adjustable gas block, I'll most likely have it upgraded. Ken said it's about a three month wait now.

add me to this list of waiting buyers. Ordered me a 18" with Magpul stock and threaded barrel today. Cannot wait to get it either...tic toc tic toc...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if 6XC would feed in an auto........</div></div>

Feeds great we have done plenty

My barrel arrived yesterday from Bartlein so hopefully in the next couple of months I will have a GAP 10 of my own. Can't wait!

I ordered my gap 10 on 5/12. A great deal of my decision was made due to this forum. Thank you G.A. percision for ability to remain open and respond quickly to customers comments and questions. Speaking of questions does anybody have any advice on a sling and or swivels? The 10 has 18" barrel with a magpul stock.

You will need a sling with a flushcup in the rear and regular swivel up front.

Or a fluch cup type sling and a rail adaptor for the front flushcup.

Found an interesting part for a mag pul prs. Cascadia armament design quick disconnect sling mount. Just don't like the idea of having to drill and epoxy a brand new stock.

1 Month down... 1-4 months to go...

Fastford, Low Light, and others that already have GAP 10's out in the field, what is your impression of the single stage trigger? Anyone put a Lyman gauge on one yet? I ordered mine with a Geiselle DMR 2 stage. Just curious.

Did you order the Geiselle and have it shipped to them? I was told they are not a dealer for Geisselle but would install if I ordered for them.
Ordered mine on 5/25. Still have a while to go...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you order the Geiselle and have it shipped to them? I was told they are not a dealer for Geisselle but would install if I ordered for them.
Ordered mine on 5/25. Still have a while to go... </div></div>

That's exactly what I did. They also took off $100 because I was supplying the trigger.

brownells has a flush mount plate that is a replacement for the standard magpul sling loop bolts right up and accepts flush mount swivels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tnichols</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you order the Geiselle and have it shipped to them? I was told they are not a dealer for Geisselle but would install if I ordered for them.
Ordered mine on 5/25. Still have a while to go... </div></div>

That's exactly what I did. They also took off $100 because I was supplying the trigger. </div></div>

Hmmmmm, makes buying the Geiselle a little less salty. I'll see what the reply's are for the trigger question but I sure do like my 2 stage in my 556. Since mine isn't close to ready I have plenty of time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does brass hold up? CHewed up in typical AR10fashion, or is it ok for a number of reloads safely? </div></div>

Its putting a beating on my brass with the suppressor on. But other then that its the typical AR10 wear and tear. The more rounds I get under this rig the better I like it. I am not used to shooting semi auto 308 and its a completely different realm for me.

The GAP10 is by far the most accurate semi auto rig I have been around.

wish it was piston driven w/ adjustable gas block
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wish it was piston driven w/ adjustable gas block
smile.gif
</div></div>

Adjustable gas block is coming......

Noveske is also releasing an AR10 version of their switchblock. I will be getting one.

Back to the original question in my initial post, how's the trigger fella's?

To me the trigger is Good, nice crisp break but a little heavy for what I am used to. I would not call is excellent. I am used to a two stage on my 223 with first stage haveing a nice firm wall and second very light. I need to run the GAP 10 more to get used to it. Rifle runs flawlessly, and mine is not hard on brass at all No noticable damage at all.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wish it was piston driven w/ adjustable gas block
smile.gif
</div></div>

Noveske is also releasing an AR10 version of their switchblock. I will be getting one. </div></div>

i dont think the noveske adj gas block will work for this application. all of their previous versions do not fit under the rail.

my gap10 is running flawlessly with or without the can, and is easy on brass either way

Just got the call on my GAP-10 about 15min ago... should have a report on it by the end of the month... shipping and then 10 Day DROS wait...

dang it. knew I wouldn't be the first in cali to have one, but I feel like a kid at christmas. I can't wait. What are the specs on your rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason_B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got the call on my GAP-10 about 15min ago... should have a report on it by the end of the month... shipping and then 10 Day DROS wait... </div></div>

When did you place your order?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason_B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got the call on my GAP-10 about 15min ago... should have a report on it by the end of the month... shipping and then 10 Day DROS wait... </div></div>

When did you place your order? </div></div>

2-3mo ago... i dont remember... Ken told me i had #10 though
smile.gif
so that is fairly Bad Ass ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wish it was piston driven w/ adjustable gas block
smile.gif
</div></div>

Noveske is also releasing an AR10 version of their switchblock. I will be getting one. </div></div>

i dont think the noveske adj gas block will work for this application. all of their previous versions do not fit under the rail.

my gap10 is running flawlessly with or without the can, and is easy on brass either way </div></div>

We wont know till they come out. The POF handgaurds might allow it to tuck under there. Worst case is you put the handgaurds in a mill and make a slot and recoat them.

Mine is not easy on brass, suppressed. Oh well, its just brass.