• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision GAP-10

Re: GA Precision GAP-10

<span style="font-weight: bold">30caluser: Your scope mount is installed backwards, the cantilevered section faces forward. The way it is currently installed on your rifle cants the scope up.</span>

It should be installed like this: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2645873

rain252 & jevan126:

Directly at the bottom of the work order that GAP emails you is this text:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
*****Please note it is important that you carefully review your work order prior to making a deposit. Once you O.K. a work order, no change to the order will be allowed at all: IE barrel length, colors or finishes, ETC. Cancellation and restarting the build will be our only option which is costly. see our cancellation policy HERE.********

This may seem harsh but the amount of time making these changes in the several places in the shop and updating computers dramatically affects our workflow. Not to add, calling our vendors to make the changes which affect theirs as well. Bottom line, we want the order to be correct and what you want from the moment it’s ordered and we will assist you in accomplishing that!!</div></div>

As soon as you confirm the final work order the rifle configuration is locked in. It's not like you weren't notified in advance you couldn't make changes once the order is submitted-- they're very clear.

I ordered my GAP-10 back in July (it's on the Fedex truck right now) and about a month later I saw one in FDE Cerakote and considered calling them to change... however, I had read that policy and was very aware of it so I didn't even bother to call and ask because I know they are firm on it.

It might not be what you wanted to hear but you agree to those terms when you give them the OK to proceed on the work order.

Oh I never said they violated their policy. I am just asking if that is a wise policy. And I have no doubt that policy was everywhere to be read, even though I was not aware of it. But I'm not claiming they did anything at all in violation of anything. I just find it curious they would have such a policy and not have something more flexible, especially if a customer is willing to pay a reasonable fee for his change of mind?

Surely, when a rifle truly has entered the "build cycle", it would be disruptive to ask for changes. Mine entered build cycle 3 days ago when the received my deposit. But when it is literally months out, what's the big deal? I will be amazed if I get it by this summer, with what happened in Conn. Maybe not at all if our Emperor takes "executive action" and decrees these evil semi-autos are banned entirely.

And since it no doubt burdens them with doing paper changes, what would be wrong with charging a admin fee every time a customer wants to change the order, assuming it has not actually started building? Easy money and they get a happier customer?

Whatever, I will take the one I ordered. Just seems odd to me to have it such that undoubtedly there are lots of people who would be happier with the end product if there was a little flexibility. I don't own a business, but if I did, I would make it a priority to have the end customer as pleased as possible with my product if I could achieve that in a resonable way. Bottom line is if I am happy enough with it when I receive it in a configuration that was ultmately not preferred, I will keep it. If not, I will sell it.

jevan126, I have a deposit down, so if I called to cancel, I'm sure they would say thanks for the $1500 deposit, see ya.
And I have no problem with a nonrefundable deposit, as I don't want to cancel it, and will take it as I ordered it.
But it just seems to me to be too rigid for changes. I understand you can't have customers calling and making 25 changes to every order, they would never get anything done. So charge them a reasonable change fee and drive on. Everybody happy.

Mine in 6mm Creedmoor

Example112.jpg

Example113.jpg

Whats the standard handguard length if unspecified? Rifle length I'm hoping???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the standard handguard length if unspecified? Rifle length I'm hoping??? </div></div>

Depends on what barrel length you order, here's a copy/paste about that subject direct from Kenny @ GAP:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">20+ = rifle length gas and handguard length

19.9 - = mid length gas and handguard.

customers with 19.9- can specify request for rifle length handguard, but NOT the gas system.</div></div>

My 6.5 Creedmoor GAP-10 will be here Tuesday... but my FFL dealer will be in Vegas all week for SHOT so I can't DROS until he gets back the following week. Then he gets to hang onto it for 10 days courtesy of California laws. Annoying, but since the scope I have on backorder for it won't be here for another 2-3 months I guess waiting another 3 weeks to take delivery of the rifle isn't that big of a deal.

Rain252, you can question GA Precision's policy, but the bottom line is, if you had taken more thought into the order, it would have avoided this whole situation.

Like Kiba posted, at the bottom of your work order it clearly states the stipulations, and that once the order is locked in, there are no changes to be made.

Sure it sounds like a harsh policy, but that's what you agreed to, as well as everyone else who orders a GAP rifle. If GAP is not going to stick to their written policy, then why even have one in place?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jevan126, I have a deposit down, so if I called to cancel, I'm sure they would say thanks for the $1500 deposit, see ya.</div></div>
Once again, take the time to read.

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-cancellation-policy.html
When placing an order with G. A. Precision, LLC, for a new rifle build using an action/receiver provided by G. A. Precision, LLC, a minimum deposit of $1000 is required. Additional funds may be deposited toward the build at any point during the build process. When placing any type of prepayment or deposit with G. A. Precision, LLC, and for any reason the customer needs to cancel said order, the customer will be charged a 20% cancellation fee. There will be no exceptions to this policy.

The cancellation fee covers many expenses G. A. Precision, LLC incurs, which include but are not limited to the following: time spent by employees processing said order, supply costs incurred during process of order and restocking of parts ordered from suppliers specifically for your order. In addition, a 3% credit card fee is charged to G. A. Precision, LLC when a credit card is used for said deposit and another 3% credit card fee is charged to G. A. Precision, LLC when a refund is issued for said deposit.

Any reputable company would give you a refund, but what do I know.

This has been the policy at our company for years. It serves several purposes. Everyone that places an order reads and understands the policy prior to ordering so if someone does not agree with the policy they can choose at that time weather to place the order. No one is forced into this we try hard to make sure guys know exactly what they want when they order.
4-5 years ago prior to instating this policy guys called with changes, emailed changes. Made calls and emails to those changes. It took alot of time and effort and $$ to run that system. 99% of the time when we recieved a complaint about a rifle recieved that wasnet exactly like the customer ordered it was a result of a change that was not made or was missed or was somthing that could not be changed becouse the build was too far along.

We decided as a company to instate a policy to cut down the problems we were having, now after placing an order if a change has to be made the entire order is pulled and a new order is started from scratch as this way there is not conflicting orders in the system. IE sales computer. Production Managers Work Order. The Copy that travels with the rifle. And the notes in Quick Books where the deposits are kept.

Along with that many changes require us to call and order parts, change orders with suppliers, cancel parts already ordered which we often are charged for. And quite a few times I get stuck with stocks that are already in production when the change is made so I end up with stocks to sell to recoup the $$. Basicly these changes cost $$ and time. I wish there was another way but we try our hardest to make sure guys understand the policy and for the most part it has been a great system.

Im sorry It pisses a few off , Its not our intention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the standard handguard length if unspecified? Rifle length I'm hoping???</div></div>

19-22" Rifle Length

16-18" Mid Length

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">30caluser: Your scope mount is installed backwards, the cantilevered section faces forward. The way it is currently installed on your rifle cants the scope up.</span>

It should be installed like this: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2645873

</div></div>

Dammitman

I think George said it strait enough... make sure you order what you want..... because once you get it, you wont be sorry,.,.... by far the best Semi Auto i have ever shot in my life! i hunt with my Gap-10 308...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">30caluser: Your scope mount is installed backwards, the cantilevered section faces forward. The way it is currently installed on your rifle cants the scope up.</span>

</div></div>

Dammitman</div></div>

30Caluser, your mount is definatly on backwards, I cannot believe I didnt notice that when I was with you guys in December.

To George:
I understand what you're saying, George, but it seems to me you might consider a early drop-dead date after which no further changes can be placed, that would not be that disruptive? I imagine most cold feet about choices happens pretty early on. Being told 1 day after my deposit was there that it's now in build cycle and no changes allowed now, did not go down well. Since I now have had other posters tell me that is your policy, now I understand that is the policy. I had assumed I was negligent in not reading it, but I was NOT told about it during my phone order, nor is it stated anywhere on the emailed work order for me to review. I have now been reviewing the GA site, and looked everywhere I could think to find, including terms and cancellation, and don't find that policy there? I am not saying it's not there, I just can't find it. If you like, I will forward back to you the email comm that contained the work order.

To me, it boils down to..... Should I be held to a policy that is stated to me only by posters on an internet talk forum, and not from your own rep or paperwork? Everbody seems to know about this but me, being a first time buyer of a GA rifle. I would suggest this policy appear on the correspondence that the customer has to review as it apparently has in the past, and maybe even verbally reinforce it. I sent an email one day after I was informed my check had been received to inquire about a change, thinking it must still be on a desk and would be easy to change a couple things. Had I known about this policy, there would have been no reason to be asking for a change one day later. I wouldn't have that much nerve!

If you agree a guy should know what a policy is before holding his feet to it, then I would ask to change my order, or do an order cancellation with the understanding the entire $1500 deposit be credited to a new order, and hold my place in build order if that does not buger the logisitics up, otherwise I'd be happy at the back of the line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">30caluser: Your scope mount is installed backwards, the cantilevered section faces forward. The way it is currently installed on your rifle cants the scope up.</span>

rain252 & jevan126:

Directly at the bottom of the work order that GAP emails you is this text:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
*****Please note it is important that you carefully review your work order prior to making a deposit. Once you O.K. a work order, no change to the order will be allowed at all: IE barrel length, colors or finishes, ETC. Cancellation and restarting the build will be our only option which is costly. see our cancellation policy HERE.********

This may seem harsh but the amount of time making these changes in the several places in the shop and updating computers dramatically affects our workflow. Not to add, calling our vendors to make the changes which affect theirs as well. Bottom line, we want the order to be correct and what you want from the moment it’s ordered and we will assist you in accomplishing that!!</div></div>

As soon as you confirm the final work order the rifle configuration is locked in. It's not like you weren't notified in advance you couldn't make changes once the order is submitted-- they're very clear.

I ordered my GAP-10 back in July (it's on the Fedex truck right now) and about a month later I saw one in FDE Cerakote and considered calling them to change... however, I had read that policy and was very aware of it so I didn't even bother to call and ask because I know they are firm on it.

It might not be what you wanted to hear but you agree to those terms when you give them the OK to proceed on the work order.

</div></div>

Actually, Kiba and Nihonjin, this DOES NOT appear at the bottom or anywhere on the email with my work order for review,either the actual work order or the accompanying email. Maybe that warning was removed when the deposit changed from $1,000 to $1,500? I have no problem with the higher deposit, but now I know why I, in fact, did not know how "in stone" the order became after you send in your deposit as I was never told on the phone and it does not appear in my email communication or work order.
When I saw the above post, I had thought since it was not on my owrk order, maybe it appears in some spot on the GA site, and I had missed it when looking over the site, but if it is there, I can't find it. Now I understand a little better how this happened.

Yes, point taken, I was wrong that an order cancellation gets dinged 20%, not the whole deposit. But 20% of the deposit, or 20% of the whole order cost?

Understand, I know I had every chance to review the work order before mailing a deposit, but had I known how "in stone" it is then, I would have held it longer and commisserated longer.

Rain252 If it is any consolation, you are getting one helluva rifle. When I shot the gap-10 I was impressed, also thought the OBR was very nice. Don"t sweat it, you will be happy and from what I know about George he will take care of you one way or another.

I read there policy and while I admit it is very strict, I understand why it so. After I read the policy, I spent a good 2 weeks researching exactly what I wanted.

If you are about to spend that amount of money with a company on a custom order, even if their policy is clear as day, I would confirm the policy with them before ordering. I am the type that if I am going to spend 4 figures or more, I research what I am buying and who I am buying it from untill I know everything then I will still confirm what I know with them.

You make a very good point. But as I have pointed out in my posts, I never saw this policy until it was posted in this thread. Where did you read the policy, which rightfully made you take 2 weeks to decide what to order??
Was it on your work order? It was not on mine.

I'm done talking about it. If it comes as I ordered it, it's fine. I know it will be a good rifle and it's a good company. The rest is all small potatoes.

I placed an order back in December with Ken, and it was definitely in the email I received. It appears to be a generic email that gets sent to everyone once they spec out a quote. I like the policy because it allows GA Precision to get my rifle faster to me, especially when you should know what you want.

I'm sure the sales guys are bogged down as it is and I'm sure the riflesmiths would rather ream barrels than change build spec sheets for customers.

When I ordered my GAP-10, I did not accept the specs the same day, I spent a couple hours online looking at photos and slept on it. In the morning I actually did change my order, and then I accepted the specs. I know I am going to be happy with my build and I am glad I did not rush it.

Here is the generic email I was talking about:

When you are ready to order a rifle email me [email protected] to get a quote started. You can also call into the shop and one of us can walk you through every detail on a build sheet, and generate a quote for you.

Once a quote has been configured, please call the Sales Department to finish the order process. Please note that due to the volume of calls; it may take up to 24hrs for us to get back to you.

Once you review the quote*, a $1000 deposit is required to begin the build cycle.

(Check, Money order, Visa, MasterCard or Discover)

We only request the balance when the rifle is complete, at that time--we will also request a copy of your dealer's FFL.

*****Please note that it is important you carefully review your work order prior to making a deposit. Once you O.K. a work order, no change to the order will be allowed at all: IE barrel length, colors or finishes, ETC. Cancellation and restarting the build will be our only option which is costly. see our cancellation policy below:

This may seem harsh but the amount of time making these changes in the several places in the shop and updating computers dramatically affects our workflow. Not to add calling our vendors to make the changes which affect theirs as well. Bottom line we want the order to be correct and what you want from the moment it’s ordered and we will assist you in accomplishing that!!

Unless you feel there is an issue that needs to be addressed, or that we have gone past the quoted delivery date, Please do not call for status checks--all we will be able to tell you is that your rifle is 'still in progress'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

GAP106CM.jpg
</div></div>

I don't know how to explain this but the rifle looks fake. ARP did a hell of a job with the camo pattern. Do you have pictures of it in the brush?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rain252</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm done talking about it. If it comes as I ordered it, it's fine. I know it will be a good rifle and it's a good company. <span style="font-weight: bold"> The rest is all small potatoes</span>. </div></div>

6 posts later all stating the same thing that you're not satisfied even before you've received the rifle would lead many to believe it's anything but "small potatoes".

I have to ask since you've been allusive about it... Exactly what was it you wanted to change on the order?

katahdin, I didn't get the policy part at the bottom of your post, as I have stated.

Broker, when I said small potatoes, I meant that if I received it as I ordered, it would not be the end of the world. I am the one that ordered it that way, and if it came that way, I own the issue because I made the order. I raised what (to me) was a valid question about the policy and not being informed of it (fact). What did I have regret about? I originally ordered a 19", and later decided I would rather have gone full-on rifle at 22". I have thought about ordering a second upper to have both to have a shorter one to suppress. Maybe I will at some point. And if I do, you can bet your a** I will spend a lot of time thinking about it before I put the order in.
smile.gif

Out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rain252</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You make a very good point. But as I have pointed out in my posts, I never saw this policy until it was posted in this thread. Where did you read the policy, which rightfully made you take 2 weeks to decide what to order??
Was it on your work order? It was not on mine.

I'm done talking about it. If it comes as I ordered it, it's fine. I know it will be a good rifle and it's a good company. The rest is all small potatoes. </div></div>

This was at the very bottom of the e-mail I recieved from them when I ordered mine.

"*****Please note that it is important you carefully review your work order prior to making a deposit. Once you O.K. a work order, no change to the order will be allowed at all: IE barrel length, colors or finishes, ETC. Cancellation and restarting the build will be our only option which is costly. see our cancellation policy below:

This may seem harsh but the amount of time making these changes in the several places in the shop and updating computers dramatically affects our workflow. Not to add calling our vendors to make the changes which affect theirs as well. Bottom line we want the order to be correct and what you want from the moment it’s ordered and we will assist you in accomplishing that!!"

I ordered a non typical last November and received the same language in my final work order email from Ken Lin.

ordered one back in July, Dustin took the order. the verbiage was in the email with a reply to confirm it is correct. my only regret now is not ordering at least TWO GAP-10's or another upper in 6.5 Creedmore.

i was notified of it shipping in December so just over 5 months and took delivery a little over a week ago. the thing is a beauty and the upper and lower both say GA Precision. i've seen some that have POF or HOGAN on the uppers. can't wait to shoot it, just need to get some glass on it.

George and crew run a fantastic outfit. Yeah, I have one of their rifles. It is a Crusader.

The quality of the rifle, with the accumulation of all its parts, is exemplary. I don't have a GAP-10 (yet?) though I am not sure I can even buy one anymore, due to ITAR and other idiotic laws.

But I will say these few things. That in no way stops me from WANTING ONE. Not At All.

Secondly, having spoken with a few members of the shop, including George himself, I've received nothing but the best of service. And yes, I am cognizant of the fact that they are a BUSY shop, and having to wait for some paperwork and/or a returned phone-call is perfectly acceptable.

But I'm gonna add this. In catching up with this thread, up until this point right here/right now, I'm also wondering if there is a 'clause' in the order form/website which states:

GAPrecision reserves the right to refuse/cancel orders and/or service AT THEIR DISCRETION.

Instead of constantly having to drive the whaaaambulance and put out little brush-fires with individuals who can't 'get it their way' (and should go to Burger King), I'd rather see him/them in the shop working, or on the patio cooling off.

C'mon people, shape up a bit, and take some responsibility for your actions. When you placed the order, you were happy with what you'd done, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

GAP106CM.jpg
</div></div>

I don't know how to explain this but the rifle looks fake. ARP did a hell of a job with the camo pattern. Do you have pictures of it in the brush?
smile.gif
</div></div>

DSCN0093.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will fix it friday </div></div>

The good news is you'll gain 40moa of elevation
whistle.gif