• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision question?

Arrow 4

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
Alpine, AZ
I just purchased my first GA Precision rifle (The Gladious) and received it Friday night. In the paperwork with the rifle I received very specific instructions for breaking in the barrel, which included cleaning between rounds at various intervals. I don't want to start a whole new discussion on barrel break in, but am curious.

For those who own GAP Rifles, did you follow the break in instructions and if so what were the results?

If you did NOT follow the break in instructions, what were the results?

Thanks

If they sent you the instructions then you should follow them. Its your choice though. Most builders tell you to break it in, there is a reason.

No,

It's just there so you won't call them and bug them about it ... when people don't get a barrel break sheet they call.

it has no effect, the Gladius has a Bartlein Barrel, it is lapped from Bartlein there is no reason to break it in.

Wipe it out, shoot it as normal, and then clean it normally when you get home

I understand you are not necessarily breaking the bbl in butwhen the reamer cuts the chamber is leaves a microscopic burr at end of chamber no matter how it is cut. By shooting and cleaning first few shots the "burr" goes away and you don't have a lot of copper fowling right behind where the "burr' was. I always shoot and clean 1st 5x's, then 3x's and clean a couple times then shoot the daylites oughta it. It sure cant hurt and might actually help.

Doesn't help with a barrel that is hand lapped from the factory... they lap it with lead, twice...

Wasting your time and your explanation ignores the fact you're paying for a superior product.

I may be wrong, but I don't think a chambered barrel is hand lapped. I thought all lapping is done both prior to and after rifling. Like I say, I might be wrong like usual.

The rifle is not chambered on mass like a factory gun ...

And that microscopic burr is a scam, why wouldn't just shooting it as normal do the same thing ? What does cleaning between have to do with anything...

if shooting it knocks it down, shooting it knocks it down, plus with a GOOD Gunsmith, that burr is pretty much nonexistent, you are not changing anything and the only reason they include a break in sheet is to keep those with no clue from calling about it

Thanks Lowlight, considering you are responsible for coming up with the name for this Rifle...I trust your advice.