• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA precision

GAP is a reputable company and makes a fine rifle, I own one. However, there are now many custom builders that are easily their equal and perhaps faster and less expensive at a custom build.

very happy with both of mine .

i regret several of my after purchases, i should have just stuck with my Harbinger 308

I have a spec M40a1 getting built by GAP as we speak. Wait time was about 6 months and price was very reasonable. Should be done next month. That will be by first GAP build
What's the update on your GA M40A1? Have you rec'vd the weapon? If so are you satisfied with the build?

Good to hear. Interested in seeing pics when you get an opportunity. Also your impressions, etc.
2D22D6CE-E687-42E9-A36C-77C4DB4E00D1.jpeg

Pretty pumped! They do amazing work. Extremely pleased

Attachments

• 39CE5C63-1FE7-47C1-B7F8-97D7DB17DBDF.jpeg
    39CE5C63-1FE7-47C1-B7F8-97D7DB17DBDF.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 5447C9E2-95AB-49A6-8CE4-B9773C03434E.jpeg
    5447C9E2-95AB-49A6-8CE4-B9773C03434E.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 94
  • 14E8BB25-FCA5-4F43-BD6A-82334798E5E6.jpeg
    14E8BB25-FCA5-4F43-BD6A-82334798E5E6.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 2B35B0BB-2D15-456E-9714-4FE689731821.jpeg
    2B35B0BB-2D15-456E-9714-4FE689731821.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 071328ED-6234-4A28-A74F-5E8812104477.jpeg
    071328ED-6234-4A28-A74F-5E8812104477.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 7E199E3B-92A1-4765-B2D4-30918CD9ACD2.jpeg
    7E199E3B-92A1-4765-B2D4-30918CD9ACD2.jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 90
  • D5EA49A0-0177-46C8-A4EE-FDBE9425EFB4.jpeg
    D5EA49A0-0177-46C8-A4EE-FDBE9425EFB4.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 93
  • C5372EFF-C2B2-4522-8314-C5F20BA5E224.jpeg
    C5372EFF-C2B2-4522-8314-C5F20BA5E224.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 87
  • C0802AE7-BCC5-4902-ACB6-651A8DBCD4BB.jpeg
    C0802AE7-BCC5-4902-ACB6-651A8DBCD4BB.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 96
I have only ever see two people with them at the range and both were hunters
one

Sendero Hunter 6.5mm GAP (SAUM​

the girl that owned this seemed super happy with it and she shot 2 bull elks with it from what I have seen the pics of
the second was in 308 and while exensive for a 308 the owner looked extreamly happy with it so to me that's all that matters if you get one I hope it's everything you want it to be cause your spending the money to get it not me .

Thanks for the pics. Very, very nice rifle. The Black Oxide is exceptional.

I'm looking to add a T-10 to a GAP build I recently ordered as I don't think a MST-100 is in the cards anytime soon.

Please post your impressions of the 1/2" MOA claim.

I'm sure you will enjoy this weapon!

Remy

When I bought my first truely custom rifle I had the same question about whether or not it was "worth it". For me, the accuracy guarentee says a lot. The other thing is that while there are plenty of other custom shops out there, the name is absolutely worth something. Maybe it's because it suckers new guys like me into buying them, but there's a reason that a John Deere tractor or Harley motorcycle, or Jeep Wrangler, or XYZ whatever sells for more than it's competitor and holds it's value more over time. From the time I bought my GAP crusader till now the price has gone up $1,459.00. People are working hard, saving up and paying for that same rifle today just the way they want it. If those rifles didn't still sell today I'd say it's an absolute sign it's not worth buying and if the base price of the rifle was going up over time I'd say it's an absolute sign it's not worth buying, but neither of those are true. Whether it's quality, or popularity contest, the rifles sell well enough to be out of stock for half a year or more, so my vote is that they are "worth it". FYI, if you're on the fence about particular parts, ask them if what the options are regarding lead time and that may help sway your decision.

gap builds a excellent rifle.that being said there are others out there just as good.several to be honest.i have 10 customs built by riflesmiths a lot of you might not of ever heard of.col billy stevens,clay spencer,greg tannel and roberts precision rifles.some retired now also sid goodling who is deceased.all built exceptionally accurates rifles that also cycled and fed without issue.there are a new breed of exceptional builders today.quite a few.one i did not mention who built my last was robert gradous.maybe a equal out there but none better.when it comes to my mod 70s.mark penrod is elite.yes darcy builds a elite rifle but for the difference in price as well as gene simillion mr penrod for me.also so people knor mr echols who i have spoken to a few times about stock purchases went to robert gradous shop and home to improve on his chambering techniques.anyway with cnc machines and its benifits builds will get quicker and quality that is elite.will tell you this tim moon roberts is in kansas city also.if your budget is not much of a issue he would get my work.but jon beanland is a little less and will do my rebarreling and next build.good luck to all and good shooting.

jon beanland as stated,also matt stewart and for even a more reasonable cost dana english in fla or joe collier in georgia.

I've never had one , not rich enough, but their reputation is outstanding. I'd absolutely love to have one if i came into the money. But I have to admit I chuckled at the idea "it's never worth the wait" ... Are you in dire need of a sniper rifle?? My old man is a retired Somebody in the LEO community, and while he's not the biggest Gun Guy in the world, he's very supportive of the 2nd Amendment and knows how much I treasure my firearms collecting and collection etc. - but the one thing he would say he is not necessarily supportive of but doesn't necessarily disagree with/fight over, is the Waiting Period for buying , generally pistols ... And he has a pretty valid point ... if you ever find yourself in the position, "I need to buy a gun, I need it NOW!!! and I can't wait the 3, 5, 10 days! I need it NOW!!!" ... Maybe, possibly, probably? you shouldn't be getting it ...

So I don't see the problem with a backlog wait-time for a build of a custom, highly-skilled & quality "sniper rifle" ... is there some reason you *absolutely need* to Reach Out & Touch Someone lol? If I had the $10K to buy a GAP (I go back and forth from the FBI HRT build - which just looks awesome to me ... I'm Irish-American, love the green... and the M40A1 retro build ... ) and the scope to go with it and some ammo & accoutrements, I'd lovingly wait the year it takes ... would be like an amazing Christmas Come Early the day it landed.

I've never had one , not rich enough, but their reputation is outstanding. I'd absolutely love to have one if i came into the money. But I have to admit I chuckled at the idea "it's never worth the wait" ... Are you in dire need of a sniper rifle?? My old man is a retired Somebody in the LEO community, and while he's not the biggest Gun Guy in the world, he's very supportive of the 2nd Amendment and knows how much I treasure my firearms collecting and collection etc. - but the one thing he would say he is not necessarily supportive of but doesn't necessarily disagree with/fight over, is the Waiting Period for buying , generally pistols ... And he has a pretty valid point ... if you ever find yourself in the position, "I need to buy a gun, I need it NOW!!! and I can't wait the 3, 5, 10 days! I need it NOW!!!" ... Maybe, possibly, probably? you shouldn't be getting it ...

So I don't see the problem with a backlog wait-time for a build of a custom, highly-skilled & quality "sniper rifle" ... is there some reason you *absolutely need* to Reach Out & Touch Someone lol? If I had the $10K to buy a GAP (I go back and forth from the FBI HRT build - which just looks awesome to me ... I'm Irish-American, love the green... and the M40A1 retro build ... ) and the scope to go with it and some ammo & accoutrements, I'd lovingly wait the year it takes ... would be like an amazing Christmas Come Early the day it landed.

Your sock puppet account just got busted.
Better luck "influencing" next time...

What the fuck did you just say?

1696444786041.png

Were I so desperate to “touch someone” I’d have probably used a cheap kitchen utensil and NOT talked about it on the internet … My point was that a lot can happen in a year, and there are lots of other options, and is a rifle that I waited a year for really going to live up to it. As it stands I was able to find a loved but used GAP rifle here on the hide, recently for a fraction of the price.

You and your dad sound like just the type of idiots who will cave and lose the fight for us. Feel free to let the door hit your ass on the way out.

My head hurts from

My head hurts from what you said but after owning many GAP built rifles I can say they are worth every Penny and the wait is not bad at all

GAP can build you anything you want or need and do it right.

Were I so desperate to “touch someone” I’d have probably used a cheap kitchen utensil and NOT talked about it on the internet … My point was that a lot can happen in a year, and there are lots of other options, and is a rifle that I waited a year for really going to live up to it. As it stands I was able to find a loved but used GAP rifle here on the hide, recently for a fraction of the price.
Mmmmmmkay.....