• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Tempest

So why did someone say the got the last one in 2017 ? , have they changed maker since then or different lugs number 6 or 3 ?
Always liked the idea of the Tempest , as I use a AW .

Cheers Chris

I got one last year, in November I think. Took 11 months from start to @ my FFL. That was a long wait.

So why did someone say the got the last one in 2017 ? , have they changed maker since then or different lugs number 6 or 3 ?

Cheers Chris
So the production tempest have been 6 lug. GAP still makes and services them. Its a neat alternative for people who want the likeliness of an ai but the options the rem 700 platform offers. I honestly believe this will be my last custom action unless something revolutionary comes out. If i ever decide to sell my tempest it will be a trg or an ai for me.

I got a brand new one in October of least year to go with my OG Tempest, and my am from last year's grind just got one into her FFL in the last week or two. GAP is still offering the actions for sure, as well as barrel work, etc.

I love mine enough that I now have two.

Reactions: jb41291

Cheers Chris
This is probably in reference to the fact that they no longer sell the action elsewhere. I bought mine from CORE (now Altus) 3 years ago and then they apparently made the decision to only offer the Tempest as part of a GAP build so you have to buy from GAP themselves, which sucks for people who would rather just stick with their own gunsmith.

This is probably in reference to the fact that they no longer sell the action elsewhere. I bought mine from CORE (now Altus) 3 years ago and then they apparently made the decision to only offer the Tempest as part of a GAP build so you have to buy from GAP themselves, which sucks for people who would rather just stick with their own gunsmith.
I'm pretty sure you can buy a bare action direct from GAP.