• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Galil Ace in Russian

mewillis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2002
Florida
Anybody here running one 762x39?? would like to hear your take on it, and yes I have watched the utubes.
like/hate/just soso??

I shot a mags worth of my friends x39 Ace suppressed from 50 yards out to 300 yards on plates and I liked it enough to get my own. It just came in so I haven’t had a chance to run mine yet. I was able to take it apart and give it a cleaning and inspection and I’m pretty happy even without sending any rounds so far. Since I also have a can to put on this I ordered the KNS Precision adjustable piston for it so I can rally dial it in for the ammo I’m running. Also, the threads are 5/8x24 so it’ll accept all the fun muzzle devices and mounts. I did some practice mags swaps and the skirt on the mag well slows me down just a bit compared to a regular AK but you can either chop the skirt if you want or KNS also makes a “plastic delete kit” which gets rid of the mag well and let’s you use whatever AR grip you want without the tang.

If you have any specific questions I didn’t cover, feel from to PM me and I’ll do what I can to help.

Reactions: mewillis
thanks keel haul, I'm a big USA first guy and only have 1 Ruskie rifle an underfolder just because. I'm really liking the
pistol version and plan to supress it but I'm having issues with the overgassing ie; needing to spend the money on the
adjustable piston so now it's close to $2k, I do however like the compact aspect of it....

Mine is also the pistol configuration which the 8” barrel fits in next to the MP5 but I wanted a rifle round as an upgrade to the 9mm MP5. I may SBR it down the road if it performs like I want. If the delete kit sounds like something you want in addition to the adjustable piston, they make a kit with those two plus a smaller front sight for a bit more accuracy for a little bit cheaper than getting them individually.

Larry Vickers had some not so great things to say about it. He is one of the TOP SME's when it comes to small arms design in the world.

I don't remember exact specifics but he has some gripes about design choices and deviations away from the original Gaili design that made the gun less reliable. If you go to his youtube video on it from a few years ago, the details may be in the comments. We talked about it in one of his classes and he said don't waste your money on one.

If you want a 7.62 gun, check out the Sig P553's that are leaking in from Switzerland. They are $2900-3500 but are only going to skyrocket in value over time. The 55x action is basically a westernized AK using swiss precision and engineering. If I was looking for a 7.62 gun that's not an AK, that would be it.

JDI imports them and there are usually a few on gunbroker. All come in as pistols but you can SBR or brace it.

If money is an issue, find a yugo M92 Pistol in 7.62. Imported with the correct mag well and bolt, unlike all AK rifles that have to be modified to accept dual stack mags due to import laws. I have one with a Brace and CNC Warrior 4 part brake and its a hoot to shoot. Used to be able to buy them for $400, no idea what they cost now.

Somewhere I read said it was getting .85 best MOA and .98 average MOA with quality boxer primed ammo. That's impressive if true for all. But I'm still not sure how optics mount on it, they just go on the dust cover and rattle around? Unless that's made into the receiver somehow, I don't see it doing the job.

Is it gonna be possible to get an AK12 or AK15? Only AK I'm interested in since unloading all the AK shit 20 years ago. Those are the new Russian rifles and they look slick, still an AK but it looks like a lot of improvements too and you can suppress 'em now. Also apparently comes in 5.56, .300BLK AND 6.5G! Uh, if these are less than $1500 I'm getting one, make mine 6.5G in the funky Russian yellow Lego camo!

I know it's non-sequitur but the best non-AR rifle out there and best bang for buck right now HAS to be the FN Mk20. $3499 on GB for 7.62 or $3999 for 6.5CM and $3899 for 7.62 from Proven Outfitters if you're .mil, cop or vet. $3499 is what a SCAR17 costs with a Geissele trigger. The Mk20 is a way better rifle and comes with the trigger!

Speaking of Proven, they have really good deals period if you're eligible. Sucks they closed their store in Tacoma, used to be one of my local go-to's, hell, THE local go-to! Shit OTC was great there, great deals, hired vets. Anyway, Tavor is another good non-AR and they have good deals on those too as well as the Galil ACE, $1400 IIRC. And unless you're stuck on x39 I think .300BLK is a better way to go for a lot of reasons, supers or subs, suppressed or not.

Good luck on the search!

I just got a back in stock note today they are $1699 which I think is high especially when you will need an adjustable piston for
overgassing as keel haul mentioned. I'm undecided but thanks for the opinion.

The piston is only something to get if you’re planning on running a can. If not, the part isn’t required.

Also, the railed top cover fits so damn tight when it’s in place I don’t think a red dot zero is going anywhere. There is no play in mine once it’s locked in.

it's the only reason I would get it to run my Omega on the pistol version you got.........
otherwise I already have an AK. I'm just not sure I want to have close to $2k in an AK pistol.

I can definitely see it from the price perspective you mentioned. I got a ridiculous deal on mine so I couldn’t pass it up for the price I was given.

have 3 Russian made rifles on my one day I'll buy them list one only if , I can get the license for an automatic I want an Russian AK with the auto option semi only just does not do it for me just like the uzi the semi is nice but after shooting it in an automatic and having that choice semi only is just lacking for me .
the Dragunov can be semi and I still want one just like the Romanian psl my 3rd russian wish list gun well I will never find one I could buy
a dshk heavy machine gun , because what collection would be complete with out some of the really fun toys .

i just want one I promise OK maybe two