• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing "GameReaper" one piece mounts?

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
Guys, I got myself into a bit of a pickle.

My boss knows I am a bit of a gun nut. He decided this year he wanted to step up into something a bit better than standard off the shelf hunting rigs like he had always used. He came to me and asked if I would put something together for him.

the catch? I was given a strict $1K budget for <span style="font-style: italic">everything</span>. I managed to get that bumped to $1500.

What I did was all done on the 'Hide.

Picked up a used Rem LTR barreled action sitting in a McMillan HTG (M40) stock. Then I got Doug from CL to hook me up on a Minox 2-10x40 hunting optic. The bad part was that it is a 1" tubed optic. Well, most everything I have for mounting hardware is 30 and 34mm. I did have a set of 1" Burris XTR's I had on a Savage 17HMR. I tried them, but they were way too high.

Here is the pickle. I told him I'd have everything zeroed and ready to go this weekend. So, I had to come up with something quality, ASAP, but get it locally. Tough to do. I ended up going to the local gunshop, and asked if he had anything that was decent quality.

He recommended a one piece setup made by a company called GameReaper. Never heard of them. All aluminum. Seemed well enough made so I paid the $45 and brought one home.

Got everything centered up and the optic is now mounted.

I am pretty much committed now, but am wondering if anyone has any opinion. I have become an optics snob I suppose and I just feel that this is a cheap way out, but if it works, it works.

Its for the boss, and I dont want to let him down. But then again, he usually just buys off the shelf stuff anyway, so I should be fine, right?

Will see how it shoots tomorrow. The plan is to zero for a MPBR. He wont be dialing elevation. Going to find the zero range where he can hold dead on from point blank to the maximum range where the bullet will stay in the kill zone. What do you guys think?

Re: "GameReaper" one piece mounts?

I've heard guys like them. I think the look like crap and wouldn't touch them. Talley's all day for me....

I have one on my Kimber Montana. No problems so far. THey look very well made.

It will work. Look like crap but are well make and tough as can be.

I had one on a rem 700 and one on a kimber montana. Never a hassle from either.

They are well made mounts. Think you will find they are better made than some of these so called tacticool mounts. Have been to the factory they are held to tight production specs. I have several them on my rifles. I've used them to shoot out to a thousand with no problem. I have come to learn its what works for you. Evey body/person has an opinion. I have learned the hardway just because a certain organization or website dedicated to shooting or some guru endorses something does not mean it will work. Call the factory here in Sanford NC they will talk with you great people to deal with.Check there website they give a good description of production procedures. I do not see that with any other scope mount makers. They are "AMERICAN MADE WITH AMERICAN LABOR"

I have several sets on guns from .243 to .338. They work great and hold up. Very nice and easy to set up. You will be happy. Or make that, the Boss will be happy.
Lee