• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

GAP-10 decision

Why1504

Minuteman
Jul 4, 2011
Southeast US
After 2 years I am very close to ordering a GAP-10. I have the funds together and have decided this is a better choice for me than the LMT MWS, Larue, or SR-25 choices. I have a couple of questions:

How heavy is the GAP-10 with a 16 inch barrel? 22 inch barrel? I am leaning toward the 22" with fluting.

I am looking at the Trijicaon Accupoint 5-20 scope for the glass. Any advise here?

Thanks!!

I don't have mine yet but I ordered a 16 inch fluted. I hope to be getting the call pretty soon and I will weigh it and post if you don't know by then. I was lucky enough to handle a 20 inch version at a show GAP displays at. With the magpul prs stock, it felt just a little heavier that my LMTLM8MWS with 16 inch SS barrel. The magpul prs weighs over a pound alone. It isn't as heavy as I anticipated. If I had to put a number, I would say 12 pounds max and 14 with scope/loaded mag. Of course it wasn't loaded at the show. Sorry I don't have exact numbers but I am betting some of the lucky owners here do.

This is what I am hoping. Something under 13 pounds for the 22 inch barrel. Currently, I have a precision 223 which I built. It has the PRS and a 20 inch Shilien barrel. The gun is very accurate but is quite heavy. It is fun to shoot. I expect the GAP to be more fun. I guess I am still torn on barrel length. Initially I planned to order an 18 inch barrel but after seeing what others have ordered I have reconsidered this and am now considering the 22 inch barrel.

What type of shooting are you planning to do? Also, why the Trijicon? Not saying it is a bad scope, I love my TA11, just wondering the reasoning.

What type of shooting are you planning to do? Also, why the Trijicon? Not saying it is a bad scope, I love my TA11, just wondering the reasoning.

Mostly bench shooting, possibly some hunting but I have 308, 30-06, and 300 WinMag bolt guns for hunting. I also have a FAL I really like which I vie as the best CQB weapon out there.

I have an ACOG which I love, I haven't heard anything bad about any of the Trijicon optics, and I can get a great deal on the scope due to a business arrangement. This is why I am looking hard at the scope.

My wife just got her GAP 10 / 308
22" non fluted
PRS stock
FTE brake
Atlas bipod with quick disconnect
March 5-50 tactical scope

15.2 lbs complete with empty mag

Well if you can get a good deal on the Trijicon, and it's what you want, get it. There are a lot of great FFP scopes out there, and even more SFP scopes. Overall the GAP will be an outstanding platform to grow and learn on, with any scope.

GAP-10 customer service is top notch. I experienced a primer failure, and the primer was caught in the lug, preventing the bolt from seating. At the time, I didn't know the reason for the bolt not closing. Before I took the rifle to the local gunsmith, I called GAP. I received a prompt call from George, and then a follow-up call a few days later. Calling me back for a warranty service call is standard. Having the owner initiate a follow-up call is exceptional.

Also, my build is exceptionally accurate. I've run 5-20 scopes and a 3.5 TA-11H-308 on the rig with good results. As you see in the post replies, the build is on the heavy side. Lots of solid aluminum that suppresses the recoil. best shot prone or kneeling.

One more reason I will be glad when my GAP-10 gets done! A fine example of a professional.