• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP-10, Noveske Switch blocks are in!!

A10XRIFLE

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2002
N Kansas City, MO
www.gaprecision.com
I thought I would post this here so there is as little confusion as possible.

If your ordering a GAP-10 with a Noveske Switch block there is a $210 Upcharge which includes the Switchblock. The cost is due to the tumbler needing to be tuned to your can/suppressor. We will have to have the suppressor in house to tune it properly, We have a decent selection of sample suppressors in house so if yours is a model we have, it wont be nessesary to send it.

If you dont have a supressor yet we can tune the unsupressed/open side of the tumbler and Later you can send your Rifle in for the tuning of the suppressed side. ($50 shipping charge only)

If you already have a GAP-10 the only way to add the switchblock is by re-barreling. Your old barrel can be sold or used for another upper so its not a huge setback.

Any questions post them here and Ill try to answer them.

401702251.jpg

401702253.jpg

401702252.jpg

Re: GAP-10, Noveske Switch blocks are in!!

Hopefully this won't change build times for the gap 10
smile.gif

Now if we can just get the charging handles in
smile.gif

Would probably be helpful to put the suppressor list here or on the web site to avoid that question coming up over and over.

I have to admit I'm quite tempted to get a 308 upper on order (I've tried and failed to get the hider off my OBR so I can suppress it).

Those are really nice!!!

Save me one for my 6 Creedmoor build!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLharris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now if we can just get the charging handles in
smile.gif

Would probably be helpful to put the suppressor list here or on the web site to avoid that question coming up over and over.

I have to admit I'm quite tempted to get a 308 upper on order (I've tried and failed to get the hider off my OBR so I can suppress it). </div></div>

Good Idea, Will do that

Sweet! Save one for me will be calling shortly. Just need 2 parts to ship for the build.

what is the operation of the gun like with a can, and without the switch block?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the operation of the gun like with a can, and without the switch block?

</div></div>

A can increases back pressure which can increase the bolt speed/cyclic rate of the rifle. Noveske has info on it:
Noveske Switchblock

I have a Crusader 5.56 switchblock upper and setting it to S definitely makes the operation of the rifle more refined when suppressed. That being said I have fired it with a can and not on the suppressed setting and it functions fine but I do notice the difference.

George, wondering if you can run these on non GAP-10 barrels too. I plan on sending in my JD Machine uppers for you to barrel in a couple months. Thanks.

for future information, if returning the GAP10 for Noveske tuning only, is it necessary to return the whole rifle, or just the upper half?

Eric,

Edit: Please send both the upper and lower back when you receive your suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RaptorX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious what is the barrel length on the rifle pictured?</div></div>

16.5 on a Mid Length rail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George, wondering if you can run these on non GAP-10 barrels too. I plan on sending in my JD Machine uppers for you to barrel in a couple months. Thanks.
</div></div>

Yes, but depends on the handguard as it needs alot of clearance so the answer is not always yes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ericf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for future information, if returning the GAP10 for Noveske tuning only, is it necessary to return the whole rifle, or just the upper half?
</div></div>

Ken aparently did not eat his Wheeties, We will need the whole rifle as triggers and other small variables can make a difference. We want the whole rifle so its tuned perfectly and there are no Issues.