• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP 10 or LaRue OBR

ZiaHunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2012
    Southern NM
    My other brand AR-10 just isn't cutting it and plan on replacing it with either a Gap 10 or a LaRue OBR 7.62 with a 20" bbl. Both have about 12 month lead times and similarly priced. I have read good reviews about both and would like to hear some opinions on them.

I have owned a La Rue and while it was "good" I was not impressed. For the price I went another direction. Have a "GAP 10" on order and "if" I do add another auto to the mix it will either be another GAP10 or a JP. La Rue in my opinion is just not worth the wait.

I can't imagine Larue holding to the 12 month wait, with all their barrel slowdowns and crazy back orders. However; I can say that within 2 weeks my GAP10 came when they said it would. Forgive the bad pics. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

but if you spend over 3500 on a Larue, they send you two barrels! The choice should be obvious.

twreit,

Yes sir. It was done by GP. It is atacs au. I really like the changeup of it and the od furniture. I thought about atacs fg but I wanted a little contrast. Thanks for the compliment.

GAP 10 all the way

... I also think there's a very similar thread somewhere in the archives

Can't go wrong with both, imho. Personally, I've had good luck with Larue products, namely an OBR. But if you can't stomach the wait (which I wouldn't blame you for for one second), GAP is a solid choice!

I've shot both and have the GAP10. I like the looks of the Larue, but the one I shot just was not as accurate as the GAP10. If it came down to it, I'd pick the GAP10 or a JP.

I have shot all three and there is no way I would go with an OBR. The one I shot had to go back 3x and still doesn't shoot as well as the JP LRP-07. George also makes good rifles

What are you trying to do... 20" AR's in .308 are kind of a waste of money to me.

If you building a pig, atleast go .260/6.5CM and take advantage of the ballistics
    If you want something light/mobil... Look at a SCAR17... Almost as accurate with a ton of benefits you cannot get with the AR10 platform.

I have to agree with much already stated. If I wanted the most accurate AR, it would be a GAP followed by JP. When looking for the utmost in accuracy after number 2 who cares what else is out there. If I wanted the most robust AR that I would bet my life on, it would be an LMT MWS (and might just be a close 3rd in accuracy). If I wanted a lightweight and accurate AR I would look at the DPMS REPR, and to be fair this is where the pedaobr would go, but I can have the black cat today. I like Larue stuff, but right now they are not filling any niche I need especially with a near-2 year wait time.

All that said I will recommend the Larue only to help cut my wait for the GAP when I finally get to order one next month :)

I saw it was previously mentioned but do consider a JP LRP.
    Incredibly well made.