• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP 10 out of Jail ... Couple Pics some info ...

JasonB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2007
Manteca, California
Couple of pics ... Fit and finish is excellent ... without the riser i almost had enough room for the 5-25 with Badger USMC Rings. I ordered a Badger Ord Riser with 22moa built that is lower profile and will help with get to 1k once I put the NF on it ... btw thanks Vu for the continued loan of your 5-25x.

Thursday will be range day out to 1k ....

Silver State Armory 7.62x51 175gn OTM to zero do a little break in...

Then I have some hand load im going to be hitting up...

Heads up on anyone planning to reload... my OAL to the lands was approx 2.215 ... my bolt gun loads from Jerry Newman I seat at 2.220 going to be seating the loads I have made now back to 2.200 on top of 44gn and 45gn Varget with 175 smks and see how she does.

Thanks Mike at www.cstactical.com for the scope and sling ( not shown )

Some Surefire Love ... Thanks for TBRC Sponsership ... Picked up a EW-04 and EW-05 ... extremely nice blades. I keep hoping I get to run a vehicle accident with entrapment just so I can punch a window with my EW-04 ! Don't Judge Me !
smile.gif

GAP10SF.jpg

Some NCPPRC Love ...
GAP10NC.jpg

Some GAP10 Love ...
GAP10.jpg

And yes I have to run that stupid wrap around grip in order to be CA Complaint with detatable magazines.

Re: GAP 10 out of Jail ... Couple Pics some info ...

Sweet looking rifle, please post more after your range day. Kinda confused about that grip thingy, whats it susposed to do?

It prevents you from wraping your hand around thus it is no longer a pistol grip... it is a CA thing.

If you have a detatchable magazine and have any features like Pistol Grip, Collapsable Stock, Flash Suppressor, VFG it is considered an AW.

If you have a fixed 10rnd magazine ( al bullet button ) you can have all the features you want... but if the magazine is more than 10 it is an AW.

Wow they could use that thing to keep guys from masturbating

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason_B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple of pics ... Fit and finish is excellent ... without the riser i almost had enough room for the 5-25 with Badger USMC Rings. I ordered a Badger Ord Riser with 22moa built that is lower profile and will help with get to 1k once I put the NF on it ... btw thanks Vu for the continued loan of your 5-25x.

Heads up on anyone planning to reload... my OAL to the lands was approx <span style="font-weight: bold">2.215</span> ... my bolt gun loads from Jerry Newman I seat at 2.220 going to be seating the loads I have made now back to <span style="font-weight: bold">2.200</span> on top of 44gn and 45gn Varget with 175 smks and see how she does.

Some Surefire Love ... Thanks for TBRC Sponsership ... Picked up a EW-04 and EW-05 ... extremely nice blades. I keep hoping I get to run a vehicle accident with entrapment just so I can punch a window with my EW-04 ! Don't Judge Me !
smile.gif

Some NCPPRC Love ...

Some GAP10 Love ...

And yes I have to run that stupid wrap around grip in order to be CA Complaint with detatable magazines. </div></div>

So the bolded are the Ogive numbers right? Whats the translate into actual OAL Cartridge length.

Nice looking rifle, I've got to ask though, what exactaly does the bullet button do, hold the mag in or something?

And I thought IL was bad, damn CA sucks worse than us on that reguard.

We still have you beat as the most corrupt state in the union though.

You are always going to be limited by your mag-It has to feed properly. I got roughly 2.81" OAL in order for reloads to cycle through the provided Pmags. Less for DPMS metal mags.

I shot mine out 1000 yds on Saturday and it was "iffy" at best. Through a Surefire-breaked 18.5" barrel it was accurate out to 750 yds.

I would like to know if that CA-approved grip condom effects accuracy.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason_B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple of pics ... Fit and finish is excellent ... without the riser i almost had enough room for the 5-25 with Badger USMC Rings. I ordered a Badger Ord Riser with 22moa built that is lower profile and will help with get to 1k once I put the NF on it ... btw thanks Vu for the continued loan of your 5-25x.

Heads up on anyone planning to reload... my OAL to the lands was approx <span style="font-weight: bold">2.215</span> ... my bolt gun loads from Jerry Newman I seat at 2.220 going to be seating the loads I have made now back to <span style="font-weight: bold">2.200</span> on top of 44gn and 45gn Varget with 175 smks and see how she does.

smile.gif

Some NCPPRC Love ...

Some GAP10 Love ...

And yes I have to run that stupid wrap around grip in order to be CA Complaint with detatable magazines. </div></div>

So the bolded are the Ogive numbers right? Whats the translate into actual OAL Cartridge length.</div></div>

Bullet button is a modified magazine release... you cannot remove the magazine with your finger you have to use a tool ... which can be the tip of a bullet to push in the release( ie bullet button ) or stick or pen ... whatever ... as long as it isnt attached to the rifle.

OAL numbers do not matter to me ( unless it doesnt fit in the magazine ) the 175smk OAL vary from bullet to bullet because of the tip design... what is constant ( or at least you hope ) is the OGive... will let you know this though is that the rounds fit in the magazine with the 2.220 length.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are always going to be limited by your mag-It has to feed properly. I got roughly 2.81" OAL in order for reloads to cycle through the provided Pmags. Less for DPMS metal mags.

I shot mine out 1000 yds on Saturday and it was "iffy" at best. Through a Surefire-breaked 18.5" barrel it was accurate out to 750 yds.

I would like to know if that CA-approved grip condom effects accuracy.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason_B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couple of pics ... Fit and finish is excellent ... without the riser i almost had enough room for the 5-25 with Badger USMC Rings. I ordered a Badger Ord Riser with 22moa built that is lower profile and will help with get to 1k once I put the NF on it ... btw thanks Vu for the continued loan of your 5-25x.

smile.gif

Some NCPPRC Love ...

Some GAP10 Love ...

So the bolded are the Ogive numbers right? Whats the translate into actual OAL Cartridge length.</div></div> </div></div>

Did you try ejecting a loaded round though?

haha, grip condom ... i like that ... no it doesnt effect accuracy... I shoot left handed anyways and alway ride the safety... to me in the prone left or right handed i find the ergonomics better with my hand along the side of the receiver... allows for an easier 90 deg finger / straight to the rear pull

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you try ejecting a loaded round though?</div></div>

Ejected no problem with 2.220 dummy round... though it was tough operating the charging handle ... the round was jammed into the lands.

Once I set it back to 2.200 there was no issue...

Unless I am completely missing something (and I very well could be) overall length is overall length. It has to cycle through the mag-a known length. This isn't a bolt action where you can be creative and load into or out of the lands. The ogive is meaningless. Correct?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason_B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bullet button is a modified magazine release... you cannot remove the magazine with your finger you have to use a tool ... which can be the tip of a bullet to push in the release( ie bullet button ) or stick or pen ... whatever ... as long as it isnt attached to the rifle.

OAL numbers do not matter to me ( unless it doesnt fit in the magazine ) the 175smk OAL vary from bullet to bullet because of the tip design... what is constant ( or at least you hope ) is the OGive... will let you know this though is that the rounds fit in the magazine with the 2.220 length. </div></div>

Dyam, thats a nice scope. LOL

Don't break my shit you bastard!

For those of you that do not know Jason, he is the Grim Reaper of optics, the boy has broken almost every optic he has taken out of the box or shot behind.

No Ogive isnt meaningless... depends on how the chamber is reamed ...

OAL of the round would matter if it didnt fit in the magazine or didnt feed or whatever ... but the 2.220 to the OGive Round did, it just was jammed into the lands ... because the distance to the lands was 2.215 ...

So seating the round back to 2.200 to the Ogive will give the SMK a.015 jump ...

What the fuck? Do you have to have that hing on there when you shoot or just storage? How freaking lame. Other than that, nice stick!

might be lame ... but up until a few years ago we couldnt have any new AR / AK platforms in the state... until some powers challenged the way the laws were written and we started getting Lower Receivers that were not on the banned list in CA and dealers not affraid to DROS them ...

So we chip away at the stupid laws little by little ...

but yes its on there while I shoot... it isnt pretty but it is funtional and gets the job done ...

I have not taken reloading for this rifle to that level yet. Something to def. think about.

I have had great success loading the 168 and 175 SMK's to mag length. I usually shoot .5" groups at 100 if I am on my game. I cannot shoot this rifle worth a shit off the bench-It has to be prone....

I am still amazed at how accurately this rifle shoots.

Enjoy your new "10"...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason_B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No Ogive isnt meaningless... depends on how the chamber is reamed ...

OAL of the round would matter if it didnt fit in the magazine or didnt feed or whatever ... but the 2.220 to the OGive Round did, it just was jammed into the lands ... because the distance to the lands was 2.215 ...

So seating the round back to 2.200 to the Ogive will give the SMK a.015 jump ... </div></div>

You would be fine on my range. We don't wrap our thumbs around the grips either
smile.gif

That's cool, your rifle came with a rudder, must be because the Navy Seals use it.....awesome!

Honestly a great looking rifle, I like it lots and looking forward to more reports on how it shoots.

God love you guys for having to put up with that rifle condom, otherwise great rig! Maybe it's time to split off from the rest of Kommfornia,

I am interested as to why you chose the "grip condom" as oppose to the bullet button. As I am unfamiliar with them both. I ordered a 10 and had no idea there was another option. Wondering if you have knowledge of both applications and could share them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dirty red</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am interested as to why you chose the "grip condom" as oppose to the bullet button. As I am unfamiliar with them both. I ordered a 10 and had no idea there was another option. Wondering if you have knowledge of both applications and could share them? </div></div>

It depends on what you want to do with your rifle ...

do you want a colapsable stock, tradition pistol grip, flash suppressor, vert forgrip ? then you have to have a bullet button on a Off List Lower / Unreg AW ...

Since the rifle comes with Ambi Mag Release and I wont be kicking in doors or deploying from vehicles with it, hince the 20in barrel and PRS... I perfer the detatchable mag route ... and when I go out of state, the grip comes off and back in state grip condom is on.

Bullet button you are limited to 10 round mags... or 20rnd mags blocked off to only allow 10 rounds in them ...

could you do the same with ambi mag release from norgon or troy. or is installing and taking it off a pain in the neck?

18.5 barrel
prs mag pul stock
gap titan muzzle break
and everyones favorite Ca bullet button

thats worse than that cone they put on your dog to keep him from knowing you had his nuts cut off.

but thats a nice looking rifle

no its not a pain any more than the grip...

Im choosing fuctionality over appearance ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mooner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow they could use that thing to keep guys from masturbating </div></div>

laugh.gif

I agree very nice AR....but CA is taking the fun out of it!

You poor bastard's in CA!!! Keep up the good fight and slowly maybe we can get rid of more of those stupid law's.I LOVE Colorado:)

Nice rig! I can't wait to get mine in about two months. Thank you for reminding me why we're fighting the wanna-be-Kalifornian politicians here in the Washington State legislature. The rest of us gun-toting, freedom-loving patriots here on the Left Coast are cheering you on.

The GAP 10 is sexy..

Most people opt fot the bullet button. When they go to the range they pop in a little extension that has a permanent magnet in it. This makes the bullet button function like any mag release button. They also make a bullet button tool that threads in, this also makes the bullet button function like a regular mag release. When you leave the range you simply remove it and the bullet button functions the way it was suppose to. You can also simply use the tip of a bullet to operate the bullet button, thats where it got its name from. I have a number of rifles with these devices installed in them, its really not that big of a deal. It's just part of living on the left coast.

I have a "teet" a lil plastic nipple mounted to each mag, so when I goto reload, I use the next mag to release the current one. Almost like no BB at all.

Still limited to 10 rounds tho, Im gonna have to get me 2 or 3 of those grips..

Chris

I'd move,that's bulls&%t!<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God love you guys for having to put up with that rifle condom, otherwise great rig! Maybe it's time to split off from the rest of Kommfornia,</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would be fine on my range. We don't wrap our thumbs around the <span style="font-weight: bold">shaft</span> either
smile.gif
</div></div>

Fixed.

Sorry jay couldn't resist.

Awesome looking rifle. It's motivating me to finish my Ar that needs an upper

Chansen 49, lets see pics of teet on mags. is it a option you can buy on line or at a store?

No freaking way I could live in cali.

Nice rifle, sorry you live in a shitty state.

Damned nice, the GAP 10 is on my short list..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: colodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You poor bastard's in CA!!! Keep up the good fight and slowly maybe we can get rid of more of those stupid law's.I LOVE Colorado:) </div></div>

Denver is full of yuppies etc. California BS could easily happen there too...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason_B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It prevents you from wraping your hand around thus it is no longer a pistol grip... it is a CA thing.</div></div>

WTF!!??? As if I needed one more reason to never move to CA...