• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gap 10 owners, I need help

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL
I know its impossible to know the exact details about the potential ban but is it still a good idea to place an order for a gap10? how much $$$ does Ga precision require as a down payment on a build? So if I order one and the ban prohibits them from transferring me the rifle, am I just shit out of luck with any money I put towards the rifle? thanks for the help guys

Re: Gap 10 owners, I need help

George is incredibly honest, you will not be disappointed or get screwed. By him anyway, the congress I can't help you with..... :>(

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$1500 down if there is a ban, you will recieve a refund. </div></div>

well, that was easy. Thanks for the immediate response. Now it just comes down to convincing the wife, which is bit more complicated.

At this point asking the wife is stupid, just buy it and ask for forgiveness later.

Rich

GAP-10's rock. solid & accurate. they are on the heavy side for off-hand shots. get one!

I want to order one as well as I have wanted one of these in .260 Rem for awhile. I called to ask the same questions you had in regard to a potential ban. I was hoping there was some way they could assign a lower or send a lower to those with a gun on order in case there was some crazy ban passed. That way a "pre ban" style gun could still be built on that lower. Looks like I will place my order and hope that nothing is done in the 6-8 months that I am waiting. I know the wait will be well worth it though if I can get one. My friend has one and it is a GREAT gun.

With George indicating you'll receive a refund should any legislation be enacted I'd go ahead and get your order in sooner rather than later.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get the phone call about the one I ordered back in July; it was estimated at a 5 month wait and it will be 5 months in 2 days. I'm not worried about a ban being rushed through, I just want to shoot the thing!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vette447</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to order one as well as I have wanted one of these in .260 Rem for awhile. I called to ask the same questions you had in regard to a potential ban. I was hoping there was some way they could assign a lower or send a lower to those with a gun on order in case there was some crazy ban passed. That way a "pre ban" style gun could still be built on that lower. Looks like I will place my order and hope that nothing is done in the 6-8 months that I am waiting. I know the wait will be well worth it though if I can get one. My friend has one and it is a GREAT gun. </div></div>

While it's a good idea to have GAP ship out a lower in advance to DROS and then ship it back to them for the build it would probably be a logistical nightmare for them given their workload.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At this point asking the wife is stupid, just buy it and ask for forgiveness later.

Rich </div></div>

^Rich nailed it. Get on that list now.

Does anyone have OD Green one, I can't find any pics of one worth a damn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGasm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have OD Green one, I can't find any pics of one worth a damn. </div></div>

Yep...

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3310.jpg

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3312.jpg

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3296.jpg

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3287.jpg

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3286.jpg

Those help alot, would like to see any with the PRS stock/furniture in OD Green too.

I went ahead and ordered mine today. Hopefully I can get it before the Gov dictates that it has to be "neutered" or something.
smile.gif