• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP 10 Owners Manual

mdmorrow

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
McKinney, TX
Just bought one off the PX. I was wondering if they usually come with one or if there is a download somewhere?

there's a one page flyer in the case with the rifle that tells you how to break it in and that's about it. i got one with mine. let me know if you need me to scan it and send it to you.

Ewww...you live in McKinney. You're going to let me trial your GAP10, correct? I live in Plano.

In all seriousness, I can give you a copy when my GAP10 arrives. I should be receiving the call any day/week/month now (order placed at the end of December).

Awesome thanks guys. I got the fellow's original bill of sale and the break in procedure. I've already stripped it and cleaned it. Of course, it's just like any AR platform. One thing I did notice is on mine, I had to loosen the carrier screws a bit to get the cam enough room to slip out in order to strip the bcg. Not a big deal, just something I wasn't used to doing. That's on my list to ask GAP about as well.

Aflick, you're welcome to shoot this sucker anytime you want. I haven't got glass on it yet but hopefully in the next couple weeks. I'm going to use a Larue LT104 mount that I had from another rifle.

Should never be loosening those screws they should be staked in place. Key to good gas. Assuming im reading this right and that you have ar experience. The cam pin rotates 90 degrees to clear the gas key. Just makin sure. Jeff... Or that key is bent a bit

Last edited:
Should never be loosening those screws they should be staked in place. Key to good gas. Assuming im reading this right and that you have ar experience. The cam pin rotates 90 degrees to clear the gas key. Just makin sure. Jeff... Or that key is bent a bit

No worries, I would have asked the same question. Yes I have experience with the platform and own several. Even when rotated to the furthest back position there is still no room for the cam to clear the key in order to remove it. I loosened the screws by hand with a screw driver so obviously it wasn't staked well. I have the tools to restake it but I'm planning to call GAP tomorrow to see if I can send the BCG to them to inspect.

Anybody have experience with their warranty service? I couldn't find any info on their website regarding such.

They will fix any issues, no questions asked.
Mine was hard to get out as well so I emailed Ken and asked about it. He said to use needle nose pliers and work it out. Been doing that ever since.

They will fix any issues, no questions asked.
Mine was hard to get out as well so I emailed Ken and asked about it. He said to use needle nose pliers and work it out. Been doing that ever since.

Good to hear. I tried using some pliers to get to it but I think it may have just been cut a little too big on the head. Just doesn't have room to pass by the key. I'll give them a shout tomorrow. I figured they were the types to make things right on their products.

I can't speak for the GAP 10 as mine hasn't arrived yet, but I can expound on my experience with the Armalite 308 bolt carrier groups. Both cam pins, one from an Armalite and the other from a Noveske, are hard to remove. It appears as though there is not enough clearance to get past the gas key. I use a screwdriver to pry it out. This practice is recommended by Armalite.

This is the first one I've had that has been that tough. The one of my Noveske N6 comes out just fine as does my larue and daniel defense (both 556).

I sent an email over to GA. No sense blowing up their phone since they're probably busy and this isn't an immediate need. I'll update once I find out what the story is.

I got my Gap 10 (upper) today. I tried to remove the firing pin retaining pin and it is in there. I didn't proceed further, so I can't tell you if my cam pin is hard to remove. The staking on the gas key is solid though.