• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP-10 reliability???

Sooter76

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2012
Lincoln, NE
For those that have them, what are you experiences in terms of reliability with the GAP-10? Have you had any issues?

Only put 40 down the tube on mine, but don't imagine why it wouldn't be reliable. She has tight tolerances, so a break in period is in order. Mine is a work of art and absolute beast mode.

Its a good thing no one has EVER disccussed the GAP10 on snipershide..............not like there are a handfull of threads on every Semi-Auto page reguarding the GAP10......

I had some issues w/one a while back; GAP made it right and I sold it. I've seen a lot of good things about them on here and may try one of the new ones if the backlog dies down a bit.

Its a good thing no one has EVER disccussed the GAP10 on snipershide..............not like there are a handfull of threads on every Semi-Auto page reguarding the GAP10......

I've seen alot of threads discussing the quality and accuracy of the rifle, but never one about the reliability...

No need to be a jackass.

The "Search" function is your buddy ... Reliability issues with one user's GAP-10 discussed here:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/239151-new-gap10-problem.html

I have one on order, as do several other Hide members, so threads like this made me nervous. It's not a "cheap" .308 AR by any definition; however, George responded promptly and politely to the concerns, and he stated that he and his shop will correct any problems that do crop up - hopefully merely through a phone call and a discussion with George, without having to incur the expense and downtime of sending the rifle back to GAP.

My only real issue in that thread came up when one poster suggested that GAP-10 buyers faced the unhappy dichotomy of having to choose between (or accept) either a super accurate, high-end AR rifle which will have functional issues due to the tighter tolerances needed to meet the accuracy standards that serious long-distance shooters expect, OR a much less accurate but functionally reliable rifle that runs perfectly 100% of the time.

The bullshit-flag came out on that one. It's a false distinction in my view, and for the price GAP-10's command, no buyer should have to choose between super-accuracy OR reliability. I expect my GAP-10 to exhibit both, out of the box, with factory match-grade ammo.

Now, if in reloading for it I'm too incompetent to make equivalent (match-grade) handloads, then any resulting reliability issues are on me. However, If I'm doing everything correctly, the gun shouldn't be impossible to reload for either, which brought up the extended discussion in the above thread of the reloading problems the OP having.

:cool:

Last edited:
The "Search" function is your buddy ... Reliability issues with one user's GAP-10 discussed here:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/239151-new-gap10-problem.html

I have one on order, as do several other Hide members, so threads like this made me nervous. It's not a "cheap" .308 AR by any definition; however, George responded promptly and politely to the concerns, and he stated that he and his shop will correct any problems that do crop up - hopefully merely through a phone call and a discussion with George, without having to incur the expense and downtime of sending the rifle back to GAP.

My only real issue in that thread came up when one poster suggested that GAP-10 buyers faced the unhappy dichotomy of having to choose between (or accept) either a super accurate, high-end AR rifle which will have functional issues due to the tighter tolerances needed to meet the accuracy standards that serious long-distance shooters expect, OR a much less accurate but functionally reliable rifle that runs perfectly 100% of the time.

The bullshit-flag came out on that one. It's a false distinction in my view, and for the price GAP-10's command, no buyer should have to choose between super-accuracy and reliability. I expect my GAP-10 to exhibit both, out of the box, with factory match-grade ammo.

Now, if in reloading for it I'm too incompetent to make equivalent (match-grade) handloads, then any resulting reliability issues are on me. However, If I'm doing everything correctly, the gun shouldn't be impossible to reload for either, which brought up the extended discussion in the above thread of the reloading problems the OP having.

:cool:

The use of factory match-grade ammo in any gun may or may not perform. The use of match grade is used way to lightly. If you have a shooting contest & everyone is shooting the same ammo, then it is match grade for that contest.

I have owned a handful of GAP10s, a few built on DPMS and Armalite's years back, and a few on the newer POF platform. They have all been extremely reliable, I have been able to track any reliability or feeding issues down to mags or ammo, but not the rifle itself. They run tighter chambers, so you may want to consider short base dies if you reload, but new ammo on first firing is not a issue with the tighter chamber. Mine ranged from 308s, 243, 6.5CM

Kirk Roberts

The use of factory match-grade ammo in any gun may or may not perform.

Okay, dude, you're a genius. :rolleyes:

Nobody was debating the general performance of such ammo because it isn't an issue in this thread.
Factory "match-grade" ammo, for the GAP-10, refers to the known standard for such - Federal GMM .308 ammo and similar precision loads marketed by other reputable vendors.

The use of match grade is used way to lightly. If you have a shooting contest & everyone is shooting the same ammo, then it is match grade for that contest.

Whatever, Chief. Again, you're making up an issue that nobody was debating.

Look, you need to review the four (4) simple rules for posting on internet gun boards:

1) Read the entire thread BEFORE you post;

2) THINK before you post;

3) Avoid the use of mind-altering narcotics and/or alcohol BEFORE you post.

4) If you are shit-faced when you get on line, don't hit the "Send" button on a potential post; hit the "save/draft" file and, after you've sobered up in the morning, you can review and immediately delete all retard-based content without loss of credibility or self-esteem.

Word ... :cool:

I just picked a used one up with about 300 rounds through it and have since put another 100 through it without any issues. Mostly hand loads with some sw118lr as a comparison. I don't think it possible to go wrong with any GAP gun.

Nobody was debating the general performance of such ammo because it isn't an issue in this thread.
Factory "match-grade" ammo, for the GAP-10, refers to the known standard for such - Federal GMM .308 ammo and similar precision loads marketed by other reputable vendors.

Look, you need to review the four (4) simple rules for posting on internet gun boards:

4) If you are shit-faced when you get on line, don't hit the "Send" button on a potential post; hit the "save/draft" file and, after you've sobered up in the morning, you can review and immediately delete all retard-based content without loss of credibility or self-esteem.

Wow, I think you took everything out of context broham. Didn't seem like anyone was attacking you.

I don't own one but have a friend who does, the gap-10 rifle is built tight. This is a very reliable rifle after you have fed some rounds down the tube, and like anything else it needs to be well lubed. I have read that some people have had problems due to how tight everything is but in the end it spit everything that was fed to it and is a very accurate rilfe. Also as a side note, they have excellent customer service so even if you had a problem they will fix it.

I picked up a 6mm Creedmoor GAP-10 that had over 1100 rounds through it. I proceeded to put another 2000 rounds through it with no problems. It's now at GAP getting a new barrel put on it. It's been very reliable for me, even with a suppressor on it, without a switchblock. I've got another upper on order with a switch block option, but I'm not expecting it until August.

Mine has been 100% reliable. Ive shot Copper Creek Gas Gun .308 load and 175gr FGMM. 600 perfect rounds down the tube.

I had some issues with southwest ammunition 118LR in my GAP-10. Failure to feed and it would pull the bullet if I tried to extract a live unfired round from the chamber with pulling back my charging handle. After lots of lube and a few hundred rounds it is okay now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a GAP 10 in 6CM with about 1400 rounds though it, the rifle is very accurate rivaling any of my bolt guns, would hate to be without it! That said, I have had a few slight bugs to work out with it, which I feel are common with gas guns and all were in the Bolt Carrier Group; Rifle was not completely ejecting fired case out of ejection port causing rifle to jam occasionally, simply fixed by replacing the extractor spring. At about 800 round started having pierced primers, ended up changing the firing pin out and have not had that problem since then. Also up graded to a complete JP Bolt Carrier Group and my GAP 10 just seems to run smooth as butter! Love my GAP10 6CM

Please attach to dippers forehead..... Very eloquently stated.

Last edited: