• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP 10 Scope Mount Help Please

Michiganmade

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking a minute to read this post. I recently received my long awaited GAP 10 and the quality of the weapon is amazing. Right out of the box I smiled ear to ear. So on to my question and concerns.

Since the wait was a little over 14 months, in anticipation an atlas bi-pod and S&B PMII 5-25 56 sat eagerly in my safe awaiting Nadine's arrival (yes that's her name). The scope was mounted in an AD 20MOA quick release mount. When I put the scope on the rifle I was unable to get a zero at 100 yards before running out of vertical adjustment. The scopes point of aim would only get to about 15in low from bullet impact. The rifle came with a Badger Ordinance 20 MOA mount so I changed the mount out to see if that would remedy the issue. The same result, so for grins I reversed the 20MOA BO mount. I was able to get the scopes point of aim about 12in high to bullet impact, thus allowing the rifle to be sighted in.

My concern is I have never seen a scope/rifle setup that needed a negative MOA mount. Maybe a 0 MOA mount would work, but I bet it would be close. I have sent this information to Dustin at GA and he replied I had my mount backwards, but I do not believe that to be the case. A bigger concern is there is a potential issue with the latest release of the GAP 10 upper rail mount. After all this system is relatively new. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.

~Best Regards

Something is wrong. You should be able to zero that scope with a 20 MOA mount easy.

Have you checked the scope on other rifles?
Are you sure rounds weren't hitting in the dirt and bouncing into the target?

Something is wrong. You should be able to zero that scope with a 20 MOA mount easy.

Have you checked the scope on other rifles?
Are you sure rounds weren't hitting in the dirt and bouncing into the target?

Yes sir, this scope has been on other rifles and I had a spotter seeing the rounds hit above the target when the scope was on center. Then I would hold below the target and put several in the center.

You hit the zero stop coming "down" right? So go as far as you can "down" all the way to the zero stop, then loosen the turret like you would to zero, and turn the turret "up" to about 8 mils and then tighteb the zero screws back down and voila, more down available without hitting the zero stop.

Sounds like this is your problem. There should be more elevation available for you to zero, just have to get past the built in zero stop.

Do you have your zero stop set up? Maybe it needs adjusting. I had no issues with a 100 yard zero with the BO mount for my F1.

Do you have your zero stop set up? Maybe it needs adjusting. I had no issues with a 100 yard zero with the BO mount for my F1.

Ok - first let me thank those on this forum that helped, as I read this I got a sinking feeling that I had set this "zero" in the past. I just forgot, you all were correct that the bottom was because that's how I set it before. I apologize for wasting those who read this time. As always I am grateful for the knowledge base and kind responses. Soli Deo Gloria - DB

Glad you figured it out. What is your gap-10 chambered in? looking at the gap-10 to be my next gap

Glad you figured it out. What is your gap-10 chambered in? looking at the gap-10 to be my next gap

It is chambered in .308. That round is so versatile and the ammo possibilities are endless. I considered .260, but will stick to bolt rifles for that round. You will not be disappointed if you get one on order. Have a good one.

Where are the pics, Holmes? ;)

Here she is. :)
photo.JPG

Last edited:
It is chambered in .308. That round is so versatile and the ammo possibilities are endless. I considered .260, but will stick to bolt rifles for that round. You will not be disappointed if you get one on order. Have a good one.

I have a gap hospitaller in .308. I'm thinking of .243 for varmint and deer hunts. I like the 6mm creedmoor but the brass is only available from a few places.