• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP 10 scope mounts

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    After looking at the GAP 10,s for quite some time i took the plunge and bought 1 here in the for sale section. I have heard nothing but great things about GAP products and thought it was time to own 1. I am looking to mount a new 3-12x44 LRHS scope i got from GAP. Does the rail have any MOA built into them? I have the option of buying a NightForce 1 piece ring set A191-1.375 with 20 MOA. Would this work for the scope or would it be to high? The caliber is the 260 and i would like to buy a couple more mags. What mags do i use and what are the good 1,s? Does a mag need to be tweeked to work? Sorry for all the questions but i have many. Any help from you fellows shooting these GAP 10,s would be a great help.

The rail does not have any cant in. The night force mount your looking at should work. I use Magpul mags, KAC SR25 mags will work, as should any dpms pattern mag.

Doesn't the GAP-10 come with a 20 MOA scope mount?

The rail does not have any cant in. The night force mount your looking at should work. I use Magpul mags, KAC SR25 mags will work, as should any dpms pattern mag.[/QUOTE

I am sure that this mount will work for the scope but am wondering when the scope is mounted if it will sit to high on this model?

Why not just buy the Badger 1 piece mount with the 20 MOA cant built in. I really like mine on my Gap 10. You probably only need 10 mils to get that 260 to a 1,000 yards, and your new scope has that much adjustment doesn't it? You may not need any cant at all.