• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

GAP-10 Surefire brake/QD suppressor mount dumb question

Notso

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
Sin City
I have a GAP-10 with the Surefire break/QD suppressor mount combo on the way soon. I assume this is not permanently pinned (20" bbl) and can be taken off if necessary, correct? I ask because until I get that Surefire can that fits the QD mount, I wondered if I could take the brake off and use a direct thread can in the meantime?

George/GA Precision folks, if you are reading this - any issues there with doing this? Thanks in advance.

While I don't have a gap ten

There is absolutely no reason it should pinned on your 20in bbl

I am almost certain your good to go bro

Notso,

Having just received my GAP10, I read the instructions(yeah, UN guylike I know.) But, just beware that if you have no switchblock, it'll get hotter and more dirty - more quickly. Regardless of thread-on or QD mount can. The brakes are screw on, no pins.

Enjoy when you get it!! :)

-G45

I got the Noveske switchblock option. That's apparently why its taken over a year to get the rifle.