• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

GAP 10 Switchblock getting stuck

msmith64

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Germantown TN
I finally got a chance to exercise my GAP 10 this past weekend, I will just say that it is an amazing rifle, new shooter shooting less than 1/2MOA before the first 100 rounds had been through it. Then getting first round hits with 168 grain rounds out to 600 yds, no way around it this is a wonderful rifle.

I was running it suppressed most of the time AAC SDN-6, I noticed after a few rounds, less than 20 I could not adjust the switch block, I oiled it up and was able to wiggle it back and forth untilled it began to function again. I thought it was behind me but then I tried to adjust it the next day and once again it is stuck but this time it is stuck to where it wont budge, I oiled it and still nothing. I guess I am going to have to put a pliers to it to get it to move. Before I try that I thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced this and how or if it can be prevented, my guess is that it is carbon build up, but if that's the case it seems like a lousy design.

Try the wrench that Noveske makes for it...they work wonders...especially when they get hotter than the surface of the sun!! ;)

See here: Noveske Switchblock Wrench

As for the "why??"...not sure there. Some of the early ones were prone to getting crudded up and stuck, but still shouldn't be anything that can't be overcome with a little elbow grease.

As soon as you learn to keep the oil away from the switchblock it will work like a charm. Counter intuitive I know, but believe me, that's what works! Use the wrench to move it through it's positions and shoot it dry.

As soon as you learn to keep the oil away from the switchblock it will work like a charm. Counter intuitive I know, but believe me, that's what works! Use the wrench to move it through it's positions and shoot it dry.

+1. When I very first got my switchblock it was a real PITA to move after shooting it. I started using less oil and it got easier. It's still kinda a PITA if I make multiple range trips with out moving it but now I've learned just to cycle it from the 3 positions a few times after a range trip and it keeps it working great.

Thanks I will try that, funny thing is I only put oil on it because it got stiff when I first shot it which of course was dry. I don't recall seeing a wrench in the box with the rifle, I very we'll may have overlooked it so I will look again, I am assuming of corse that one comes with the rifle

Thanks I will try that, funny thing is I only put oil on it because it got stiff when I first shot it which of course was dry. I don't recall seeing a wrench in the box with the rifle, I very we'll may have overlooked it so I will look again, I am assuming of corse that one comes with the rifle

It is exactly that way that I learned how to treat my switchblock. Noveske wouldn't ship mine until the wrenches (wenches) were back in stock. It's remarkable how easy it moves now, 3,500 rounds later.

I ordered mine with the switchblock and didn't receive a wrench? Did all of you receive one?

Noveske Sells a Switchblock wrench. Its what you need with some suppressors with allot of backpressure.

I finally got a chance to exercise my GAP 10 this past weekend, I will just say that it is an amazing rifle, new shooter shooting less than 1/2MOA before the first 100 rounds had been through it. Then getting first round hits with 168 grain rounds out to 600 yds, no way around it this is a wonderful rifle.

I was running it suppressed most of the time AAC SDN-6, I noticed after a few rounds, less than 20 I could not adjust the switch block, I oiled it up and was able to wiggle it back and forth untilled it began to function again. I thought it was behind me but then I tried to adjust it the next day and once again it is stuck but this time it is stuck to where it wont budge, I oiled it and still nothing. I guess I am going to have to put a pliers to it to get it to move. Before I try that I thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced this and how or if it can be prevented, my guess is that it is carbon build up, but if that's the case it seems like a lousy design.