• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

GAP-10 with a can?

northshore440

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2012
Ohio
I wasn't sure if this thread belongs in the equipment, or firearms forum, but here it goes:
Does anyone hereabouts have any experience driving a late model GAP-10 with a supressor, and if so, what if any issues did you encounter?

Re: GAP-10 with a can?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run my GAP 10 in 308 with a surefire can without any problems whatsoever.

Sean </div></div>

Does it have the standard non-adjustable gas block?

I run a GAP 10 65 cred with 762K runs like a champ.

I am running mine with a can but opted for the PRI adj block. Really cuts down the back pressure and hard cycling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kope</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am running mine with a can but opted for the PRI adj block. Really cuts down the back pressure and hard cycling. </div></div>

Did you install the adj block afterwards, or did GAP install it at the time of purchase?

Im expecting to get a call from GAP any day; will my gun have the adj. gas block on it, or do they only come on the guns ordered in 2012? I ordered it back in December.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cullenwruth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im expecting to get a call from GAP any day; will my gun have the adj. gas block on it, or do they only come on the guns ordered in 2012? I ordered it back in December. </div></div>

Back on the 9th...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dduck44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know when wilthis will be available? </div></div>

3 weeks is the latest Guess </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cullenwruth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im expecting to get a call from GAP any day; will my gun have the adj. gas block on it, or do they only come on the guns ordered in 2012? I ordered it back in December. </div></div>

I ordered mine in November and at the time it was not a factory option. I had a PRI block sent there and added to my rifle. I am not speaking on behalf of GA Precision but I don't think your rifle will have an adj gas block.

Thanks for all the info. I will likely order a GAP-10 soon(i'm still eyeballing the POF P308)and while I don't intend to immediately acquire a supressor for it, I may down the road. I will try to contact GAP and find out the specifics on the adjustable block including cost, and ETA.

I have a gap built ar10 that I shoot with a can. Works great. Go for it; you will like it.

Hello,

Standard configuration on GAP 10 is a low profile non-adjustable gas block.

Several customers have reported good success with the PRI Adjustable blocks--unfortunately we are not a dealer and have no stock of this item (I called PRI for OEM/dealer info and they hung up on me LOL!!) So send us a gas block and we will install it for you.

John Noveske's switchblocks are still awaiting delivery--last I heard the blocks were complete, however we requested a different gas tube length so that the switch on the gas block would be accessible just past the end of our handguards.

Please feel free to email or call me with any questions.

I have a 18.5" 308 and a 20" 260 gap-10. They both run flawlessly with my surefire can. If you don't need a super long barrel I think you will be fine. I also got a 6cm with a 23" barrel but have not run a can on it yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: northshore440</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run my GAP 10 in 308 with a surefire can without any problems whatsoever.

Sean </div></div>

Does it have the standard non-adjustable gas block? </div></div>

It has the original non-adjustable gas block. In fact, this is perhaps the 1st GAP 10. No problems at all. Yes, black brass and dirty mags, but that is just character.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: klin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello,

Standard configuration on GAP 10 is a low profile non-adjustable gas block.

Several customers have reported good success with the PRI Adjustable blocks--unfortunately we are not a dealer and have no stock of this item (I called PRI for OEM/dealer info and they hung up on me LOL!!) So send us a gas block and we will install it for you.

John Noveske's switchblocks are still awaiting delivery--last I heard the blocks were complete, however we requested a different gas tube length so that the switch on the gas block would be accessible just past the end of our handguards.

Please feel free to email or call me with any questions.

</div></div>

Ken,

Thanks for the info. I just shot off an email directly to GAP asking about the gas block. If it lands in your inbox, sorry for the redundancy.

I also asked about the GAP Titan muzzle brake. I cannot find a direct link to the product, and wanted to know about the design, versus the Badger Ordnanace FTE.

Thanks again for chiming in,

JB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.81star</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All this talk of GAP 10s with cans. BUT no pics?!?! </div></div>

One word... ATF... If they'd pull their head out of their ass and hire more people, lol...

I have the reverse, I have the can but no gap-10. (though its been very happy on my GAP built 260 bolt and WnRoscoe 223)

Ordered in early December, email from Ken seems to indicate that there is a group of them waiting for charging handles and its probably in there(didn't say how long they've been waiting or when due).

I'm constantly fighting the urge to order a PRI block for it (and hope I can get it on there myself). I did ask about delaying until the Noveseke units are ready, they aren't offering them until for ordering they are in hand(didnt ask about getting the PRI on it if its really pretty much complete, probably should have).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.81star</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All this talk of GAP 10s with cans. BUT no pics?!?!</div></div>

Haven't had a chance to take her for a dance yet but here's the pic.
keuhxj.jpg