• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP .260, Hensoldt 4-16X56 FF

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
GAP260001.jpg

New toy arrived yesterday...trying out some 139 scenars right now. First 3, 5 shot groups were all sub .5 @ 100M.

More to come...

GAP260003.jpg

Re: GAP .260, Hensoldt 4-16X56 FF

Great looking rig PGS!! I'm looking forward to my new 260 coming. Since Nathan lives down here in the South I've had plenty of opportunity to gawk through the Hensoldt optics.

They are incredible optics and you will certainly enjoy it!! Good luck with it!!

260targs001.jpg

Last two groups at 100M....gusty winds 15 to 20 mph and spitting rain. I'm happy with this start!!

PGS where did you got those targets???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PGS where did you got those targets??? </div></div>

Dag, I get those from Sinclair International.

I have become a huge fan of the 260 since getting mine and having spent the time to work with it. 260 is a great round.

Those templar actions are smooth as glass. I about feel over the first time that I cycled mine. Nice stick. You will enjoy it.

Nathan,

That would be fine....the photo is poor quality as the light was'nt very good. I'll promise you better ones in the next few days.

That scope is really a work of art...unbelievable workmanship went into building it. I cant wait to get it out in the field and put it to work!!

The mildot reticle is perfect for my application.

More to come....Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9sigman45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What barrel lenght and contour is that? </div></div>

The tube is a 26" Schneider, 1-8" #7,.905" @ the muzzle. It's my first Schneider and one of the smoothest barrels I've ran my borescope in....very nice!

Pat, i thought you had two GAPs enroute. what's the other one?

The other one is here also, its a .260 as well in a hunters edge stock and Templar action, #3 Rock barrel....a light carry rifle for hunting in the mountains. I'm waiting for the scope to show up.

Beautiful rifle, and it obviously doesn't come up short in the performance part either.

What trigger did you go with?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HuDisCo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PGS,

Great looking rig!

Mind if I use this photo in our gallery?

Best,

Nathan</div></div>

Pat tell him No, He needs to work on a reticle first!

Wow, that's pretty quick turn around! Congatulations, Pat. Very nice rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other one is here also, its a .260 as well in a hunters edge stock and Templar action, #3 Rock barrel....a light carry rifle for hunting in the mountains. I'm waiting for the scope to show up. </div></div>

can't wait for pics. gotta love the 6.5s.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Pat tell him No, He needs to work on a reticle first! </div></div>

Working on it!
wink.gif

Nice Pat
What speeds you getting with that load? Mine shot the 142 SMKs better.

Nice rifle Pat!

How does that scope compare to those junky old S&B's you've been shooting?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle Pat!

How does that scope compare to those junky old S&B's you've been shooting?
grin.gif
</div></div>

ba hahahahaha

wish I had junk like that on my rigs
wink.gif

260003.jpg

260001.jpg

A couple better ones for you Nathan..

BTW, This scope wont be my last Hensoldt!! Unbelievable optic!!

kidsand260targ002.jpg

2 more groups shot while testing velocity and extreme spread. I can "fish" that reticle all over that bullseye at 100 meters...its not oversized at all IMO..

That rifle needs a nice sling! If you're selling that S&B for another Hensoldt, let me know
wink.gif

1st260dogs001.jpg

Took it out to 1150 meters this morning from this spot....put 5 shots on the face of a white rock that went into a 10" circle with the 139gr scenar load(2850fps, 11.6 mils). JBM chart was spot on. Conditions were near perfect, 50F, 80% humidity, and dead calm. I checked it at various other distances,450M, 600M,- 800M. Everything looked good.

I know I've said this before but man, that scope is awesome....I like the turrets better than the S&B. It's easier for my 52 year old eyes to read the numbers. The clicks are very positive and consistant....good stuff!!

Pat,

That last pic is bad ass! Gorgeous scenery my friend.....

BTW the rifle aint bad either!