• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gap/Bighorn 7mmWSM

KQguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2008
Ohio
I just got my rifle done,work was done by Moon at Gap.I only have around 30 rds. down the tube so far,I am impressed!I have done NO load developement yet,I just stuck 69gr of H1000 w/162gr Amax,just to play around with.This rifle already shoots better than my custom Savage 7mmWSM did,with no load developement!I plan on working up a load once I get about 100 rds down the barrel.The Bighorn action is what inspired me to even build another rifle,once I saw one last year at a match,I knew I had to have one.I can't say enough good things about AJ at Bighorn Arms,he's putting out top notch actions,and he really cares about what he's doing.He even called me a few times just to see how it was shooting,you don't get that from many places today.Anyway,here are the specs;
Bighorn Long Action
27" Bartlein barrel
fat bastard brake
AICS 2.0 with 338 Lapua mags
Vortex Razor scope
P1010590.jpg

P1010591.jpg

P1010594.jpg

P1010588.jpg

P1010589.jpg

I can't wait to start load developement!

Re: Gap/Bighorn 7mmWSM

very nice! why wait til 100 rounds to work up a load? the 7WSM's are so tough on barrels, I would be working one up right away!

SAAAAAWEEEEEET!!! I love it. I sure hope your planing on stepping up to some 180's with that long action. I can never say enough nice things about AJ and Moon. Top of the class. Looks like it shoots a lot better then you do at taking pictures
wink.gif

I have heard some people say it's best to wait until the barrel wears in a little,if I remember right,Bryan Litz usually waits until about 100 rds before he gets serious about it.When it shoots this good already,I don't feel like I need to rush into it.My last 7mmWSM,I got 2000 rds. out of it,before it gave up the ghost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SAAAAAWEEEEEET!!! I love it. I sure hope your planing on stepping up to some 180's with that long action. I can never say enough nice things about AJ and Moon. Top of the class. Looks like it shoots a lot better then you do at taking pictures
wink.gif
</div></div>
Yeah,I want to try some 180's,I still have quite a few Amax's left though,that's all I shot out of my last rifle.What do you think I will gain from the 180's?Do you think they will be more accurate at longer distance?On paper there isn't much difference between the two,but out in the field,it could be totally different.I know,my picture taking abilities suck!LOL

Awesome stick! That is one gorgeous rifle! Kevin Rayhill is trying to talk me into a 7wsm right now. I was (and still might be slightly) leaning towards a 280 until our conversation the other night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome stick! That is one gorgeous rifle! Kevin Rayhill is trying to talk me into a 7wsm right now. I was (and still might be slightly) leaning towards a 280 until our conversation the other night. </div></div>
Kevin built my Savage 7mmWSM,he builds a nice rifle,they are hard to beat for the money.