• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Built: Big Horn + Sentinel Stock.

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
Big Brown truck dropped this off to me this morning. Was a pleasant surprise since GAP said it was not shipping till today. So I thought I would put up a teaser picture till I can get to my real camera this evening.

Specs:
Action: Big Horn Arms (308 WIN)
Stock: KMW Sentinel
Barrel: Bartlein 24" MTU Contour
Badger NV mount bedded into stock
Harris 6-9" bipod w/ pod lock
AAC Cyclone Suppressor
NF 5.5-22x50 w/ zero stops and HS turrets.

219uuq9.jpg

219v22a.jpg

2h4bzfm.jpg

25k7974.jpg

Re: Rifle Teaser

What's funny is note I got with it was from George. He said "I built your rifle myself, so it will be the most accurate one you own." It made me laugh, GA Precision is a group of great people. They really care about their customers. I'm very happy with the way this turned out, it looks and feels great. Not to mention George is a freakin artist, true craftsman.

OK enough sucking up. George, if you see this..... thank you a ton.
Enjoy the box I sent to you and Moon!
smile.gif

You know when you get that feeling...Im getting that feeling that it is going to shoot good. more pics soon.

Looks awesome... I'll be keeping an eye out for more pics and details on it.

How do you like the Cyclone?

Will enjoy the Burbon KY thanks,

Info only, the Bighorn action is a nice action, Smoothe Machined well, this was the first we had seen and they are nice actions. Like a Remington, Surgeon, Win 70,and Savage all colaborated on the design. Interesting Action.

Nice rifle - more pics please. You could use a new purse though, something in OD green?

It is in 308 Win.

Haha on the purse comment. That is my wife's she was admiring the rifle as we were walking out to the doctor appointment, we are at the weekly visits now. D-Day is right around the corner.

I shoot everyday. Me being the boss of a company yields me free time whenever I want it. I shoot all my rifles equally!

Getting the pics loaded up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Getting the pics loaded up. </div></div>

Hurry up!! I've got time to kill in class!

By the way... I thought the "last rifle for a while" was the Gladius...

Anyhow, another good looking rifle; no surprise there.

SS

My photography skills suck. But that is still a learning venture for me.
There they are! Pics are up.

Ah s-o-o-o beautiful. You have great taste. Love the stock and will have 1 some day but i am waiting for Terry to unveil the magical date when he can supply me with the folder version. Until then i can only dream of having 1. I hope you post a range report and give us your thoughts of the stock and action. I have heard nothing but good things about the actions.

While I have only been able to play around with it tonight I did put 10 rounds thru it before dinner. I left for work with it in my truck still in the box. I put it together while on a conference call for work! I shot it as I pulled onto our farm. I rang the 600 yard steel target after correcting the NF scope from my first shot. The action is extremely smooth with a very gentle bolt lift. I am so far very impressed with the action. The Bartlein Barrel like usual shoots the 175's perfectly. I will shoot some groups with it tomorrow.

The Sentinel Stock is very comfortable. Terry really put a lot of thought into this stock. You can see that when you handle it. One of the most attracting features to the stock is the bipod area. There is the bipod stud with a section of the stock milled out to the exact contour of the harris' mounting surface. They lock in together and form a rock solid unison. Awesome engineering! The grip area is also very comfortable, it looks like the pistol grip was modeled after the McMillan Tac50's grip. All in all this is an awesome stock, one of my immediate favorites.

wow you have so many super sweet rifles...ur life must suck shooting whenev you want...lucky duck...

haha I guess you know ur priorities...

I work mostly, play when I can. My dad said his biggest regret as he grew older was not enjoying his free time more. He said he felt like he constantly worked or sat around. I promised myself I would work, take care of my family, and enjoy my free time to the utmost. And I do.

I have my priorities in line for sure, from my aspect at least!
wink.gif

I love that stock. I hope they start mass producing them... (which won't happen)

The bighorn seems like the new king of the hill in the custom world. Are they a publicly traded company? I would like to buy a few shares...

That rifle is obviously a POS. They even put the bolt handle on the wrong side. Send it down here to La and I'll dispose of it for you
grin.gif

Damn KY, that is sweet!! How does that stock feel compared to an A5 or T4?

Sweet looking rifle.. Congrats on the purchase..

Doesn't get much better than that. I will be interested in hearing how the Bighorn action ends up working for you out in the field. As others have mentioned they present a lot of unique and attractive features.

awesome rifle indeed, I hope Terry makes more of them stocks sooon. By the way how much does that beast weigh?

You get to buy a new rifle AND you have a baby on the way? You're my new hero!!

Congrats on the rifle and new beebee when he/she arrives.

And build a shooting platform.

Someones gunning for snipershide man of the year...

I've got a Sentinel stock and it's the best I've ever had. You'll really like it. Nice rifle.

Great looking rifle. I'd love to handle one of the Sentinel stocks.

Re: GAP Built: Big Horn + Sentinel Stock.

Damn nice rig KY...which N/V device are you going to use in front of the NF scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OFIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And build a shooting platform.

Someones gunning for snipershide man of the year... </div></div>

Haha now that made me laugh!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle looks great. How do you like the Cyclone? I have one in the works... </div></div>

I really like the Cyclone. It is probably my most quiet 308 can and the accuracy has increased somewhat with its use. You will not regret buying one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Katahdin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a nice looking rifle, what height rings are you using? </div></div>

Badger Lows, will have to switch to mediums once the NV unit goes on though. Still making my mind up between a few different units. PVS22 is leading the pack right now though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308JEFF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awesome rifle indeed, I hope Terry makes more of them stocks sooon. By the way how much does that beast weigh? </div></div>

I'll guess 15-17 pounds. Don't have a scale handy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn KY, that is sweet!! How does that stock feel compared to an A5 or T4? </div></div>

IMHO - better then a McM A5 but I think the T5A has it beat in one major way. Its more ambidextrous. The Sentinel is hard to work with if your a lefty, or thats what my brothers comments were. We also noticed if your a person with big hands/wrists.... you are going to have a hard time getting your hand in the stock hole. Overall I give it a thumbs up, it has to many small features that make it superior by technology and design to other stocks. Manners always holds a high place in my rankings because Tom has never let me down, he is a good person and an even better business man.

But, Terry has really hit a home run. I can't fully explain it with pictures and descriptions, you need to hold it to get the full picture.

You guys are killing me talking about that stock. All it does is get me hyper and start wanting 1. I will have to come back to this thread in a couple days.

Thanks!! A Sentinal just may be in line for my next build....thinking about a suppressed .308.

Good luck with the upcoming new addition!! You guys must be getting excited!!

Nice setup. Just got my Sentinal build last week. Hav'nt posted any pics yet though. Some day I'll get the camra out and share.

Really like the looks of that stock and have heard so many good comments about the design....not counting the weight, I wonder how it would be for a hunting stock?

Nice looking rifle...good luck with the baby!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really like the looks of that stock and have heard so many good comments about the design....not counting the weight, I wonder how it would be for a hunting stock?

Nice looking rifle...good luck with the baby! </div></div>

Not sure it would be comfortable as a hunting stock. Just me packing it around the farm here it does not feel like a carry style stock. I stay prone with it most of the time. I guess anything is possible though.