• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Folder , New Manners TF-1

A10XRIFLE

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2002
N Kansas City, MO
www.gaprecision.com
Specs:

223 REM, Chambered for 70-80 Grainers
Manners TF-1
Manners GAP Camo
16" Bartlein 1-8, 5R
Templar SA RH
Ops Inc 12th Model 223
Badger EFR
USO 1.8x10x36 MIL, MIL GAP
Mil Spec OD Cerakote

400408625.jpg

400408622.jpg

400408620.jpg

She will be at the Shot Show to be Foldled!!

Re: Bad Ass GAP Folder!

Damn, if someone wants to buy my A3-5 I'm getting one of these, that mutha is sweet!

GA always takin it to the next level. Good job George.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nexusfire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill take it </div></div>

The gun or my stock?

good lord thats gorgous

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zink14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sooo hot....want to touch the Heine! </div></div>

No Billy Madison. lol.

Sweet looking rifle though. Any word on the price?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nexusfire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill take it </div></div>

The gun or my stock? </div></div>

Gun

Re: GAP Folder , New Manners TF-1

I was wondering when the first folder would pop up on the hide, looks good... That would be a very fun critter zapper

ill trade you my cz 527 varmint for it...i dont want to but you seem like a nice guy and i wanna help you out

Very nice George. That'd make a sweet truck gun for the varmints? Pretty slick.

Sweet! I could make that work in a short drag bag. Especially when I'm out in the hills on my dirtbike....

When I saw that stock on Manner's website, I knew George would be right on it......grin!

Nice that stock looked cool in the post by Manners, but seeing a complete rifle makes it look even better!

That seems like the perfect truck gun or IMO it does. Very nice George.

George can ya post a pic with the can off please, curious how ya did the barrel like is there a brake under there?

I know a guy that just got one of those cans, good choice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George can ya post a pic with the can off please, curious how ya did the barrel like is there a brake under there?

I know a guy that just got one of those cans, good choice</div></div>

+1

Also wondering the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George can ya post a pic with the can off please, curious how ya did the barrel like is there a brake under there?

+1

Also wondering the same. </div></div>

A twelfth model mounts to 22mm threads which are usually on a brake but can be threaded directly onto a barrel as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

A twelfth model mounts to 22mm threads which are usually on a brake but can be threaded directly onto a barrel as well.</div></div>

Guess i never thought of that i kept thinking to myself if George was using the 12th model brake and collar, how did he get the collar on there? I guess you could shave the contour at the muzzle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George can ya post a pic with the can off please, curious how ya did the barrel like is there a brake under there?

+1

A twelfth model mounts to 22mm threads which are usually on a brake but can be threaded directly onto a barrel as well.</div></div>

I understand that, my question comes from myself thinking of a 223 bolt gun build prior to this work of art. Ops Inc says the brake is an integral design to the overall can and acts like the first baffle, also that without using it it greatly reduces the can life due to the lack of the brake catching the initial blast. This all came to be and made me call Ops inc because I saw Smith Ent makes a vortex brake that is threaded on the outside for an Ops can but obviously isnt the side port design of the OPs brake.

SO, I just havent seen a bolt gun with a Ops brake on the end, wondered if George did that or just threaded it and contoured the 20 degree taper, no brake. George is one helluva smart guy and if he deemed the brake was unneccesary than by all means I will follow his lead. Kinda wondered myself if Ops just says that to keep you using their brake and not running other companies versions or not one at all, hell the brake/collar set is another 150 bucks or so in their pocket.

I'm wondering how it's set up for the 12th as well. I've got a 12th model and would like to do that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George can ya post a pic with the can off please, curious how ya did the barrel like is there a brake under there?

+1

I understand that, my question comes from myself thinking of a 223 bolt gun build prior to this work of art. Ops Inc says the brake is an integral design to the overall can and acts like the first baffle, also that without using it it greatly reduces the can life due to the lack of the brake catching the initial blast. This all came to be and made me call Ops inc because I saw Smith Ent makes a vortex brake that is threaded on the outside for an Ops can but obviously isnt the side port design of the OPs brake.

SO, I just havent seen a bolt gun with a Ops brake on the end, wondered if George did that or just threaded it and contoured the 20 degree taper, no brake. George is one helluva smart guy and if he deemed the brake was unneccesary than by all means I will follow his lead. Kinda wondered myself if Ops just says that to keep you using their brake and not running other companies versions or not one at all, hell the brake/collar set is another 150 bucks or so in their pocket. </div></div>

Ah. My OPS is an M4S but it still has a blast baffle in it. They are 316L rather than Inconel, so obviously its not going to last like AAC or Surefire without the brake in front of it but in a bolt gun I suspect it doesn't matter. I'd be curious to see the difference between blast baffles on the 3rd and 12th models.

Also, to the prior poster, there is no collar on this, the 20 degree shoulder is right in the barrel. Thats a pretty good setup. I bought a used AW barrel like that for my brother.

Here are a few Pictures of the front. Yes you do have to use the brake for the system to work properly, I cut the 20 Deg in and Timed the Serial # up then pulled the tool straight out so it gives the clean look of a suppressor fully shouldered up even though there a few thousanths gap. It turned out nice!

400425724.jpg

400425620.jpg

400425622.jpg