• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gap Grind 2021

I think I have the Kahles match book from this year in my pile of matchbooks past. You want that one?

Our squad held off for a few minutes Sunday morning when the heavy rain came down. We resumed when we were able to see downrange targets again. Easy does it, took maybe 10 min.

there was no lightening that I saw other than before the range went hot, while getting gear ready in the parking lot. I also did not see any safety issues but there may have been some elsewhere.

I thought the match was ran well, especially considering conditions that were unfavorable. The rain sucked, the mud was fun, the match was fun. I’d do it again tomorrow if I had the chance.

Reading through this thread was comical, my wife was with us and she didn't complain one bit the entire time we were out in this weather. Fuck, day one was great, learn to load your ammo and cover your action and dumb shit doesn't happen. I guess some people don't water test their loads, and melt when they get a little wet.

The first match, Brenda and I ever held, had a thunderstorm right at the middle. When we were serving lunch no less so everyone had to scramble to get under the tents or the covered shooting lines, food in hand. Rain happens. Best one can do, is be careful, try to be safe and have a good laugh and good memories when it is all over.

A good point to remember, no matter how good you are, you can’t win them all and sometimes the weather or breakdowns or just plain bad luck ensures that.