• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing GAP Kindness

wnroscoe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
NW Louisiana
I just found out that at times George at GAP refers some of his clients to myself and three other smiths. Mike Bush, Jared Joplin and Randy Cain. George does this due to heavy Government Contracts and a heavy work load for the civilian market. He’s doing this to make sure the door isn’t slammed in the clients face when they’re hit with the lead times. In his own words "I know you four do good work and I just want my clients to be taken care of"

I cant help but think when George at GAP refers one of his rifle clients to you, you've arrived as a smith and there’s a large amount of trust coming with it.

I just wanted to say thank you to George for the trust he’s put in me as one of the four smiths. I'll do my part to take care of whom ever calls.

Re: GAP Kindness

That's pretty cool.

Excuse my ignorance, who's Mike Bush? I likely know him by his hide name if he's a member here, but the real name isn't coming to me. I've got an idea, but don't want to assume wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who's Mike Bush? </div></div>

Skunkworks

That's all I needed to hear. I have a barreled .243 action that I've wanted built up, but I didn't know too much about you wnroscoe. I look forward to having you work on it. When I send it in and it's finished I will be proud to say I own a GAP .308 and a LA Precision 243.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bbrand71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's all I needed to hear. I have a barreled .243 action that I've wanted built up, but I didn't know too much about you wnroscoe. I look forward to having you work on it. When I send it in and it's finished I will be proud to say I own a GAP .308 and a LA Precision 243.</div></div>

He's building me a 260 and I did my homework first. I'm a pain in the ass and he's been nice to me all the time....well, most of it, he did make fun of my barrel
smile.gif

WNRoscoe, you got a compliment of the highest order with that reccomendation.

I do not know if any contact you, but I steer lots of guys your way. Not the same as a referral from GAP, but just so you know, lots of people have a really high opinion of you and your work.

When I called Mike at TacOps this fall to inquire about one of his rifles, he questioned my reasoning for even calling him after I had already talked to Roscoe. After realizing that TacOps' product wasn't exactly what I was in the market for, he assured me that Roscoe's work was as good as I was going to get anywhere.

That is a pretty cool that GAP try's to take care of his people like that, and it is even cooler if you are one of the smiths he recommends.

Several guys from my hometown run Roscoe built LA Precision Rigs and they are awesome rifles. They all tell me that your customer service is second to none and that means a lot to them.

JP

It is very neat to hear that even in a day and age where businesses fight ruthlessly and absolute competition is the norm that there are still good people out there willing to acknowledge the ability and help out others in their industry. It really speaks to the character of all parties involved.

I would like to say something about Mike Bush. First, let me begin by saying that I have not personally seen his work yet, but he is in the process of building a custom rifle for me right now. If how he has treated me is any indication of the quality of his product than it should be truly phenomenal. This is my first foray into specing out a custom rifle so needless to say I wouldn't be considered an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Mike was willing to talk to me endlessly to hammer out a plan, answering all of my stupid and annoying questions promptly, without fail, and his responses would always include a valid explanation usually derived from his personal expeirence. That is another thing I will say, he is a very good comunicator and must be cybernetically wired into his e-mail to respond as quickly as he does. I know that he is one of the less well known smiths here on the hide, but don't let that stop you from having him do any gunsmithing you might need. He has been nothing but good to me, and when I get the rifle I will be sure and do a full write-up about it here.

I speak to Mike on a fairly regular basis. He's so quality / high precision driven that he wakes up at night with thoughts about the same.

He definitely has the illness that so many of us share.

As far as GAP goes, he's invited several smiths to his shop to look around. He's offered barrels to us when we were in a bind and he's always willing to talk shop. I really don’t think he has any secrets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">William threatened to paint my rifle then dust it with sparkles....</div></div>

Come on man, you were begging for it via PM's

GAP is building a 260 for me, but the 223 I'm collecting parts for is probably going to wnroscoe for just that reason. It's definitely a class move.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. Terry Cross </div></div>

Another classy guy.

George and the men and one lady at GAP are a first class operation. I have the utmost respect for their customer service and class.

This is just another mark in that column.

Roscoe, I agree about the weight of that reccomendation. Congrats to you and the others, and enjoy the business.