• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP pedigrees

Remsen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2006
Northern California (occupied)
I tried to do a search on the site to find the answer but I must have been using the wrong search terms. I'm trying to figure out who built my GAP rifle.

After having it for 4+ years, I finally pulled the action from the stock tonight to look for the gunsmith's imprint. I found it, pictured below, and went to the GAP website to see who it was. The imprint doesn't show up on any of the staff.

Does anyone know whose imprint this is? And the rifle is the most accurate weapon I've ever had or used, so this probably doesn't matter, but does the GAP smith who built a rifle matter or do they all go through so much quality control that they basically are all equal?

2012-04-13212920.jpg

Re: GAP pedigrees

As popular as Gap rifles are, why don't they make a sticky with all the builder's stamp along with the names of who uses that stamp?

Ive got quite a few GAP rifles from just about all of their smiths and everyone of them hammers...and all of them are put together and fit as near perfect as possible.

I'm pretty sure on their website, in each builder's profile there is a picture of each "proof mark".

As PGS said, if you go into to the GAP Site if you look at the names of the builders it gives their imprints on their pictures - this is George's. Since your rifle was built by Eric Reid, and he has since left GAP, his name us under the alumni, but his symbol is not there anymore.

GAP George Gardner

Thats probably a keeper or will make it easier to sell your rifle if you ever decide to do so.

Eric, so I've heard was a great builder and very well respected. I've seen his rifles bring top dollar here just because they were built by him.