• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Production Rifle

Any more 6gts tested out there? Ordering my next week need to decide if it's worth changing to gt I'm already
Set up for 6 creed with dies and brass that's what I shoot now. The gt looks like a good option seems to be easy to load for just hope it hangs in there and brass will be available in the future. Any feedback would be appreciated!!

Does anyone happen to own one of these rifles and use a 4.5-27 gen2 razor on it? If so what height scope rings are you using?

Does anyone happen to own one of these rifles and use a 4.5-27 gen2 razor on it? If so what height scope rings are you using?
I do. I had Seekins/Vortex low rings on it from another rifle which were too low. If I remember right, the bolt was hitting on the power ring. Anyways, I ended up using a Medium Warne Skyline mount I had. It is a little high but allowed more than enough clearance for scope caps. The Vortex lows are .92" and the Warne Skyline Medium is 1.181" to give you an idea.

Man, you are right. They are on the site now. I never saw them there.

I do. I had Seekins/Vortex low rings on it from another rifle which were too low. If I remember right, the bolt was hitting on the power ring. Anyways, I ended up using a Medium Warne Skyline mount I had. It is a little high but allowed more than enough clearance for scope caps. The Vortex lows are .92" and the Warne Skyline Medium is 1.181" to give you an idea.

Thanks, I wanted to try the ARC rings on this. Their mediums are 1.1, so they might work just fine.

You can make a deposit online through the GAP store..call Caleb Ash Mon. should be shipped in Jan.

I believe Med. ARC rings are as low as you can go..I bought Lg..we’ll see how they work.

Please excuse the questions. I have been interested in this rifle since I first saw it come out but have paralyze by analyses. I assume that the Tenacity action is as well built as any other Defiance actions and doesn't give up too much over the Ruckus? If I shoot the barrel out, GAP can send me a new barrel without me sending it in? Anyone ask for more than one barrel or caliber when you have ordered this rifle? Work and life don't allow me to shoot an extreme amount and part of the reason I don't want to do a full build, plus the price point is good.

Please excuse the questions. I have been interested in this rifle since I first saw it come out but have paralyze by analyses. I assume that the Tenacity action is as well built as any other Defiance actions and doesn't give up too much over the Ruckus? If I shoot the barrel out, GAP can send me a new barrel without me sending it in? Anyone ask for more than one barrel or caliber when you have ordered this rifle? Work and life don't allow me to shoot an extreme amount and part of the reason I don't want to do a full build, plus the price point is good.
GAP will send you as many barrels as you want for your build. Just say how much.

The Tenacity action accepts prefits. Choose your barrel maker, receive in mail, and spin it on.

All Defiance actions are good to go.

Reactions: Brazo and Hondo23
Does anyone know if they are going to offer this again this year? meaning 2021

Does anyone know if they are going to offer this again this year? meaning 2021

I don’t know the answer to that question, but I’m pretty positive they are still taking orders on the 2020 run. I would give them a call tomorrow, they have great CS.

I don’t know the answer to that question, but I’m pretty positive they are still taking orders on the 2020 run. I would give them a call tomorrow, they have great CS.
i have several GA rifles and they have 1 of mine now should be done this week. they do great work and this is just a smoking deal

Reactions: Mrindecisive
Saw one these rifles up close. They are very nice. Could hardly build one for the price. 6 cm shot very well.

Reactions: Guess_70
i have several GA rifles and they have 1 of mine now should be done this week. they do great work and this is just a smoking deal
Nice, yeah the PPR is a hell of a deal. I would of ordered one if I had not already ordered a different rifle. Maybe I’ll get one for a back up...

Picked up this rig at the Hornady PRC match a couple weekends ago, by far one of the nicest "PRS Production Class" rifles out there currently, you're definitely getting more rifle for the money. Took it out last weekend to run a few rounds through it and it flat out hammers with my current GT load and zero load development. These are the first 5 shot groups out of the rifle after zeroing the scope.

View attachment 7379441

View attachment 7379442

View attachment 7379443

View attachment 7379445

View attachment 7379453
Have you had more time on your rifle since posting?

Can you share your GT load-brass, powder, primer, bullet jump etc.

Thank you!

Have you had more time on your rifle since posting?

Can you share your GT load-brass, powder, primer, bullet jump etc.

Thank you!

I honestly have not had much time since initially shooting it due to being extremely busy with work, traveling/shooting matches and other projects. I'm actually planning on posting the rifle for sale soon as I'm trying to consolidate things in my safe to clear up some room lol. So if anyone is interested again in an amazing rig let me know!

I'm currently running the new Alpha OCD brass on my main comp 6gt with the following load:

-Alpha OCD 6 GT Brass
-109 Hybrids jumping 60-80
-32.0gr Varget
-Fed 205m Primers but I also have had good luck with anything cci srp, 450s, 400s and br4s.
-Speed is around 2880-2900 for me

Has anyone asked/ordered if they will build them in 6.5CM? I don't shoot PRS.

Reactions: Bakwa
Ya they don't appear to be in the shop or answering emails, I will call next week. I would like a couple options as well but the 6CM will work for what I need. No PRS either but fun to shoot and looks good. But in the future I want one of their Thunder Ranch in 308/260...

I asked this using their contact form on their website some time before Christmas, haven’t received a response yet.

In the first run, they said they'd only do 6CM and 6GT to keep costs down. I've very happy with my 6CM even though I wanted 6.5CM at first also. MPA has a production model with more cartridge options.

Whole point is to keep sku’s down for cost and be for prs.
I figured that as a PRS-ready gun it would only be those two, but I'm curious if they'd use a different barrel and just up the price a little if you wanted a 6.5CM (that doesn't need to me the PRS price rule)

You can make a deposit online through the GAP store..call Caleb Ash Mon. should be shipped in Jan.
Ash is a cool cat. He'll help you.

I have one of these that I ordered for the 2020 season. honestly, other than 20 rounds that i quickly loaded up and put down the barrel, i've not shot it at all. I've been spending all my time with a different rifle. I need to get off my ass, work up a load and put some rounds through it.

Reactions: Hondo23
Ash made it sound like they only had left available but I was asking about the 6 CM.

oh man i hope i don't have to wait for them to sell all of those. george said on the 6gt FB group they should all ship by february, not that far off i suppose.

Planning on starting load development this week on my gap production in 6 creed anybody have a load that’s working good? Planning on shooting the Berger 105s over h4350 any help would be greatly appreciated !

Planning on starting load development this week on my gap production in 6 creed anybody have a load that’s working good? Planning on shooting the Berger 105s over h4350 any help would be greatly appreciated !

Not sure what FB spec they used on the PPRs, but on my old 6CM GAP Barrels, I ran 105 Hybrids at 2.82" COAL over 42.2gr of H4350. I shot out close to 4 barrels with that load and never had to tweak anything.

I think GAP uses "GAP Spec" unless noted for the 0.170" fb.

OOPS nmind my bad, i meant for the 6GT

Took the new 6mm creed ppr to the range today for break in and a few groups with factory ammo. Gun really likes Hornady 108 match two five shot groups produced one hole about 3/8. Federal loaded with 105 Berger hybrid not quite as good just over half inch. Very happy with my first outing can’t wait to start load development!

Reactions: Stoweit and Brazo