• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP/Thunder Ranch rifle, anyone have one yet??

Re: GAP/Thunder Ranch rifle, anyone have one yet??

any updates from those who have one?

Nice looking rifle. Unfortunately, it's a bit out of my price range.

Are these in anyone's hands yet? Any further reviews?

Yeah for sure on the price but I've herd nothing but good about GA percision. I would love to have one

Just ordered one today. Ken was great. Look forward to Getting it in about 5 months.

I jsut got my Tracking Number!

But I wont get a chance to take it out until I get back to the States so I am hoping someone here will post up their review.

At the rate these are leaving the factory, I'd wager you beat a review.

Clint has been busy indorsing something every firearm category.

Let's take the Les Baer Thunder ranch. It is a Premier II with combat sights and their logo on the grips. Nothing more. My suspicion is the GAP rifle is the same - more gimmick than go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curnow26</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not have one but im guessing that it is well worth the money because it is not only another flawless GAP rifle but it was desighned to spec by Clint Smith +1 very nice rifle. </div></div>

It's a GAP, i'm sure it has plenty of "go".

I agree - he's got guns in a lot of lines. But, there's no reason to believe this isn't a great dual purpose gun. Will do bench and handle a hunt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clint has been busy indorsing something every firearm category.

Let's take the Les Baer Thunder ranch. It is a Premier II with combat sights and their logo on the grips. Nothing more. My suspicion is the GAP rifle is the same - more gimmick than go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curnow26</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not have one but im guessing that it is well worth the money because it is not only another flawless GAP rifle but it was desighned to spec by Clint Smith +1 very nice rifle. </div></div> </div></div>

I don't know about that, but having seen the TR proprietor shoot the TR Gap rifle, and cold bore hit the black circle near the middle every time on a cold ass morning, I suspect there is nothing wrong with this rifle at all!

I cannot believe out of the first 8 or so rifles that have been sold, no one on here has one that they can post a good pic of!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eagle1*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cannot believe out of the first 8 or so rifles that have been sold, no one on here has one that they can post a good pic of! </div></div>

i know right

Pic stolen from Facebook - TR #1, 3 and 13

TROregon.png

Where are all these rifles?

Do "we" not have one here yet?

Because they are newly introduced, and many people know there are thousands of GAP rifles that have delivered the goods looooong before clint smith arrived to bless one. The "best" GAP rifle is NOT Clint's design IMO.

That could be true - but I also see this rifle as splitting the "bench"/hunting duties nicely.

To all the naysayers, whom in my mind just can't or won't spend the money on a GAP; all high end quality products have well known sponsors be it for one of all their items. Cars, trucks, watches, guns, jewelry, etc. Nothing wrong with a model from Clint. He's an icon in the shooting and self defense world. He wouldn't back it if it didn't do what it was designed to do.

I think we need to start some sub-forums here on SH that are brand specific.

Clint smith isn't an icon. He is a trainer and magazine writer. GAP guns were superlative before Clint and Heidi decided to make some minor modifications and sell their name. Pick a rifle for your purpose, not because Clint, Michael Jordan, or tiger woods say its good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TattooBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To all the naysayers, whom in my mind just can't or won't spend the money on a GAP; all high end quality products have well known sponsors be it for one of all their items. Cars, trucks, watches, guns, jewelry, etc. Nothing wrong with a model from Clint. He's an icon in the shooting and self defense world. He wouldn't back it if it didn't do what it was designed to do.

I think we need to start some sub-forums here on SH that are brand specific. </div></div>

Looks great! I just placed an order for mine today and I am pretty excited. I'm sure the three or so months will pass like no time at all.

wow, very nice. An actual picture of one of these babies finally. Looks great too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn. Just when I was getting over wanting one.....</div></div>

Wait until you see the pics from this coming Saturday morning!

A few additional:

IMG_20120218_135735.jpg

IMG_20120218_135716.jpg

So off to the range.

IMG_20120218_102939.jpg

IMG_20120218_104243.jpg

Boy - can this pup shoot. I don't have anything for group comparison since the targets were still hanging - but it's every bit the 3/8 MOA gun that GAP guarantees.

Here's a little three-shot action:

IMG_20120218_105449.jpg

And 10 shots:

IMG_20120218_105458.jpg

Love this rifle.

Another range day yesterday. This rifle is way more capable than I am. Absent my flier, here's a nice group (for me) at 300 yards.

This was my first time ever shooting for group past 100 yards.

TgtGfx.jpg

I have had one of these since the end of January, I am planning on taking it out this weekend with a few other Gap's to break it in...
I am excited to shoot it. I have 5 Gaps, 6 with this one. All of them are lasers, I am sure this one will be as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moccw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had one of these since the end of January, I am planning on taking it out this weekend with a few other Gap's to break it in...
I am excited to shoot it. I have 5 Gaps, 6 with this one. All of them are lasers, I am sure this one will be as well. </div></div>

Can you tell me the OAL of your Thunder Ranch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KOTM-Direct</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moccw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had one of these since the end of January, I am planning on taking it out this weekend with a few other Gap's to break it in...
I am excited to shoot it. I have 5 Gaps, 6 with this one. All of them are lasers, I am sure this one will be as well. </div></div>

Can you tell me the OAL of your Thunder Ranch? </div></div>
42" Overall

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KOTM-Direct</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Moccw </div></div>
Yes sir!

Although mine's not a TR model it's almost the same with mine being the MCS-TA, R700, Kreiger med palma at 22" in a 6.5 Creed. It's the slickest handling rifle I've ever owned and don't see ever going back to a vertical grip, long barreled tank bar anytime soon! You guy's are gonna fall in love!

very nice Wade, I really like this rifle...

I know, I'm probably going to get flak for raising this thread from the grave. I'll risk it. I have a Thunder Ranch rifle on order from GAP and want to know if anybody else has any reviews on it so far. I'm asking here so I don't have to start an new thread about them.

Thanks in advance.

Got one on order, too, but won't be of much help for another six months!

I'm curious about the difference in the apparent colors in the two pictures. One looks darker and more green than the other which appears more tan than green. The lighter picture appears more like the Thunder Ranch rifle on the GAP website. I really like the way it looks on the GAP website. Would you say the appearance of your thunder ranch rifle is pretty close to the one on GAP's website? Thanks :)

Thanks to Moccw, I picked up number 11 today !

55a2ed63.jpg

2c7d5699.jpg