• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Titan Brake

razor88

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2011
Hannibal, MO
I have decided to get a brake for my rig and was wondering if anyone is running or has shot through a Titan brake and how effective it was? Tried a search and came up with nothing. Any help is appreciated.

Re: GAP Titan Brake

I have a Titan Brake on order being put on a gun i got at GAP now. I'll report when it comes in. I am expecting it any day/week/month now. LOL

+1 on the wait being a killer. Plus too much time to be thinking/planning the next build and still waiting on the current one to be finished. How is the muzzle flash/signature generally with 308 brakes?

I have one on my 308. Works well. Possibly a slight bit more effective than a thruster break.
IMG_0885.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one on my 308. Works well. Possibly a slight bit more effective than a thruster break.
IMG_0885.jpg
</div></div>

I'm pretty sure the brake is the only thing you cannot see in that photo. Do you have any others?

EDIT: That Henny is gorgeous btw.

nice rig! I like how the you can barely tell where the barrel ends and the brake begins. Will be having mine installed and a coating job soon.

I'd like to know more opinions on this as well. I'm looking at getting my first tactical rifle, probably a GAP 308 with 20" barrel or 22" barrel. On handguns for self defense, I've avoided ported ones due to muzzle flash.

In rifles, is this a concern as well? Or due to distance from face and use of scope, this isn't as big a concern? How does the Titan Brake compare to others? Thanks.

my roommate has one on his 300 winmag and its son enjoyable to shoot...... well worth the wait and money

i had one installed on my Gap Ar10.

no wait, well worth the money

The thing I like about the Titan is that the floor and roof have a 2 degree angle up.
If you do a lot of prone shooting out in dirt and sand this helps to keep the dust down
It also keeps the brake from blasting the guy shooting next to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoser45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to know more opinions on this as well. I'm looking at getting my first tactical rifle, probably a GAP 308 with 20" barrel or 22" barrel. On handguns for self defense, I've avoided ported ones due to muzzle flash.

In rifles, is this a concern as well? Or due to distance from face and use of scope, this isn't as big a concern? How does the Titan Brake compare to others? Thanks. </div></div>

Can anyone give me thoughts on muzzle flash? Thanks.

I just got one on a 7WSM varmint contour barrel.
Works great for me.

moto_0040.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got one on a 7WSM varmint contour barrel.
Works great for me.

moto_0040.jpg
</div></div>

So it adds no additional muzzle flash to affect vision?

I don't know about the flash. I've never shot it after dark.

How much are these?

And will it fit 'flush' on a m24 contour barrel like in the pics? It looks real nice on those barrels when it's flush,