• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 is a overpriced SP10...change my mind

Frontyard_Patriot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2020
North Carolina
GA Precision 10 is literally an overpriced Seekins Precision 10. Shoots the same, costs more...its like if Adidas made a shoe for Nike and then Nike slapped the swoosh on the side and sold it for $1k more.

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
Buyer's remorse? I'm pretty sure they do more to it then change the name..

Hi,

Wrong direction, think the other way....Confirmation Bias...

1607517315091.png

Sincerely,
Theis

I have had them both, the GAP10 and SP10 in .308 and 6.5CM, have run the 6.5s out to 1250yds and the .308 does better inside 1000yds. The GAP10s shoot lights out. Sold the SPs. Anybody can put on a pair of tennis shoes and drive a car, but you got to have your fundamentals (5) squared away when you get behind a gasser.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Depending on your personal shooting skills the GAP may not be worth the additional price tag. I’m by no means an expert at shooting gas guns. Will the 6.5 CM SP10 I’m waiting to receive kill coyotes and hammer steel out to the 1000yds I’m confident with? Yeah most likely. Which is good enough for me. Could I afford a GAP10? Yes. Do I think I would personally benefit from it? Nope.

You get a Bart barrel and plus 2 gas system. I think they work over the feed ramps a bit too. Not sure what else

Life is too short to not stir the pot.

That just makes you sound like a fag. Your whole OP makes it obvious that you're a fag without a clue. GAP uses a Seekins SP10 receiver set, other than that, no they are not the same fucking rifle and no your button rifled commercial rock creek will not shoot as accurately as a non mass produced barrel done on a cut rifled Bartlein.

Do you even own a GAP10? If not, did you borrow one? If you borrowed, how many shots did you put through the barrel? How many rounds have gone through the borrowed GAP10 prior to you shooting? What ammunition was used? How long did you wait between firing each round? Is there a cool down interval between shots? Is the optics mounted properly to the GAP10?

Op is making a claim without providing any information. This post reeks of troll-ness.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
That just makes you sound like a fag. Your whole OP makes it obvious that you're a fag without a clue. GAP uses a Seekins SP10 receiver set, other than that, no they are not the same fucking rifle and no your button rifled commercial rock creek will not shoot as accurately as a non mass produced barrel done on a cut rifled Bartlein.
Was it something he posted? :)

• Haha
Reactions: SupressYourself
My experience with GAP building several AR-10s for me is that they do several things that many other shops don’t have a handle on yet.

1. Barrel work. Starting with a top-tier barrel, they do excellent profiling, matching the gas block to the shoulder, and chambering with an ideal chamber for the particular cartridge and specified projectile ogives. Their gas port sizing is ideal for the cartridge and intended bullets.

2. Bedding the barrel to the upper. Not sure what method they use, but it’s tight.

3. Gas tube alignment

4. Muzzle work is square, concentric, with sharp threads and a superbly-cut crown.

5. Barrel extension and bolt are matched for reliability and accuracy.

6. Several other tweaks that go along with precision-rifle building

The end result for me has been a reliable, super-accurate rifle. This was before the GAP-10 and GAP-10 G2 rifles became a thing.

There is institutional knowledge in that shop about how to make a gas gun run and shoot. They aren’t just slapping parts together.

My experience with GAP building several AR-10s for me is that they do several things that many other shops don’t have a handle on yet.

1. Barrel work. Starting with a top-tier barrel, they do excellent profiling, matching the gas block to the shoulder, and chambering with an ideal chamber for the particular cartridge and specified projectile ogives. Their gas port sizing is ideal for the cartridge and intended bullets.

2. Bedding the barrel to the upper. Not sure what method they use, but it’s tight.

3. Gas tube alignment

4. Muzzle work is square, concentric, with sharp threads and a superbly-cut crown.

5. Barrel extension and bolt are matched for reliability and accuracy.

6. Several other tweaks that go along with precision-rifle building

The end result for me has been a reliable, super-accurate rifle. This was before the GAP-10 and GAP-10 G2 rifles became a thing.

There is institutional knowledge in that shop about how to make a gas gun run and shoot. They aren’t just slapping parts together.

So you think Glen is just “slapping” parts together? I think he would beg to differ

So you think Glen is just “slapping” parts together? I think he would beg to differ
I think you meant to quote someone else’s post.

ETA: Oh, you mean Seekins? I don’t think Seekins slaps parts together. Seekins is one of the best companies in the market in my book. I don’t have any personal experience with their large frame rifles other than handling them at SHOT, so I can’t attest to their build approach.

I can only relate what I’ve seen from GAP. I also own Seekins billet for the small frame AR-15, and the machining and execution is excellent. Have built rifles with their sets, as have many of my friends.

I don’t see where I posted something negative about Seekins.

Reactions: drewthebrave
I’ve said it and I’ll say it again,,,,there is no better AR10 for the money than a Wilson Combat Super Sniper ....

Honestly tho.

Besides the barrel what is the difference?

I have a proof 6.5 barrel in sp10 and it is crazy accurate and I’m a terrible shot

Honestly tho.

Besides the barrel what is the difference?

I have a proof 6.5 barrel in sp10 and it is crazy accurate and I’m a terrible shot

Trigger, barrel, stock, gas block. They’re all upgraded from what comes in the Seekins gun. Probably $750 worth of upgrades. Given that and the fact these are made by machinists with much higher skill level and probably double the pay of an assembly line guy, the cost difference is in line with what you’re getting.

And no one has mentioned the SP10 propensity to function like a monkey fucking a football, at least if you have the prior generation ejector.

I've spent significant time behind 2 SP10s, one ran like a scalded dog, the other couldn't fire 2 consecutive rounds to save my life - literally. So I am 50% enthusiastic about the Seekins offering.

Then again, I am not OAF, so carry on.

Ignore my previous message about your post. OP asked for it.

OP, don’t make posts like this again.
I don't know about that... It seems like the root of the post was "what makes GAP10 better than SP10?" Although the question could have been asked in slightly less confrontational way, we did get some useful info here. We learned what GAP does to make theirs gooder. We've all grown.

I don't know about that... It seems like the root of the post was "what makes GAP10 better than SP10?" Although the question could have asked in slightly less confrontational way, we did get some useful info here. We learned what GAP does to make theirs gooder.

I didn’t ask what you know about. OP is being an ass.

And no one has mentioned the SP10 propensity to function like a monkey fucking a football, at least if you have the prior generation ejector.

I've spent significant time behind 2 SP10s, one ran like a scalded dog, the other couldn't fire 2 consecutive rounds to save my life - literally. So I am 50% enthusiastic about the Seekins offering.

Then again, I am not OAF, so carry on.
I have a similar SP10M experience see pics. Shot .5 MOA but function? I also did not like the peening on the firing pin(told it was normal?)

Attachments

• Brass over bolt #2.jpg
    Brass over bolt #2.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 76
  • Firing Pin.jpg
    Firing Pin.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 73
Some of these malfunction stories are mis or non adjusted adjustable gas blocks

They replicated my problem, replaced the BCG, ran 20 rounds through it, called problem resolved.

I am still testing. It seems their definition of reliable varies considerably from mine.

I've broken in more than a few AR10-platform guns, I know they are overwhelmingly over-gassed out of the box; this weren't that problem.

I won't beat this dead horse, I did get good service on the repair, but I also needed a repair that should have been caught before the gun left the factory.

• Wow
I love it when they get moved to the fun house......
Now that we are all here I have a question. This is serious!
Is KAC worth the $$$$

They replicated my problem, replaced the BCG, ran 20 rounds through it, called problem resolved.

I am still testing. It seems their definition of reliable varies considerably from mine.

I've broken in more than a few AR10-platform guns, I know they are overwhelmingly over-gassed out of the box; this weren't that problem.

I won't beat this dead horse, I did get good service on the repair, but I also needed a repair that should have been caught before the gun left the factory.

Did they make you pay shipping for the repair? I know GAP did on my old HRT that they didn’t chamber correctly.

• Wow
FWIW my local Swat team was at the range breaking in their new issued Gap10s a few years back. And shooting factory match department issued ammo I didn’t see a single group under an inch at 100. 🤷‍♂️

Did they make you pay shipping for the repair? I know GAP did on my old HRT that they didn’t chamber correctly.
Nope. I described the issue, sent them a video, they sent me a pre-paid label, then shipped it home when complete. It was as easy as shipping a rifle can be.

Only later did I hear they recommend 140s or larger in the 6.5CM, that was of course after I bought 2 cases of 130 from Prime, but the 130s are running fine. So far.

They could with their GAP bolt guns. Beats me. They had 5 brand new Gap10s there. Could certainly be their bolt gun technique. Who knows

FWIW my local Swat team was at the range breaking in their new issued Gap10s a few years back. And shooting factory match department issued ammo I didn’t see a single group under an inch at 100. 🤷‍♂️
Guys who are used to free-recoiling bolt guns and don’t know how to drive a large frame yet will always do that.

I don’t think I’ve seen a free-recoiled large frame gas gun shoot under 1 MOA....ever.

Apply gas gun techniques and they can group into the .3s with a Bartlein, Obermeyer, or Krieger pipe.

When I get back on a bolt gun, it feels like cheating.

I have only seen 3 models of there guns and all 3 were and are extremely nice shooters yea the people who bought them paid more than I would have , but if they are as happy as they seem with there purchase who am I to criticize . Hell I paid almost 5k for my mdt the way I wanted it and its a beast of a gun to move around but wonderful to me once start shooting , my friend who wanted an AI got his AI he wanted and paid what I called a crazy amount of money , but he was happy while he had it . I hope what ever gun you end up getting makes you just as happy but for a longer time than my friend who lost most his guns in his divorce .