• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Chrono CSV Converter tool available!

Bmghunter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2020
Usa
Well looks like everyone is asking for a tool to easily export the data from the Garmin Xero C1 chronograph FIT files into CSV files, so I wrote a tool to do just that!
First release of the tool made available on github. It can be found at https://github.com/bmghunter/FitToCsv. You will need to download the initial release, and install Java 17+ to use it. It is an exe built from the java application so it can easily run on Windows 64 bit. The program relies on the FitReader library heavily.
The tool itself can also convert the native metric units into FPS, or you can keep it in m/s.
It is very basic, very raw, and I spent 4 hours to make it today.

The actual release is found here https://github.com/bmghunter/FitToCsv/releases/tag/0.0.0.1
I've made the application GPLv2 so everyone can improve it.

Instructions:
Plug your garmin xero into your PC with a USB-C cable, and copy all of the .FIT files over. Each FIT file is a single session.
In the application, click Browse to select your FIT file that you want to convert.
Then click Convert.
If you want metric units, check the Metric checkbox.

Attachments

• garmin.png
    garmin.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 78
  • garmin2.png
    garmin2.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 78
Want to add some features in the future to select all files in a directory and convert them all.
Maybe a feature to select multiple files and combine their outputs.

I was looking at your screen shots. Garmin uses an epoch of 31 Dec 1989 0000Z, as opposed to Unix epoch of 01 January 1970 0000Z. It is a full 20 year offset, so you can easily reconvert.

I emailed myself the csv file and save to my desktop. I take it this wont work for that file by itself?

Question for you. I downloaded your zip files as well as Java. When I try to open "FitToCsv64.exe" it keeps opening a webpage to download Java. Any idea what my dumbass is doing wrong?

Did you install java jre 64 bit or 32 bit? Don't install jdk, get jre. Go to the java control panel and check your installed version is selected in the list of installed jre. Not on my computer to screenshot stuff.

Got it working thanks! I thought maybe you meant 1.7 since the link I posted is what popped up when I tried and figured 1.8 was updated. You're the real MVP!

Never thought I would see the day where I would use github for anything other than work repos.

Thank you for making this!

• Haha
Reactions: TheOE800