• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Tactix 7 Unoffical Support Thread

Would this be a replacement for a Kestrel or used with it? I share a kestrel elite with a buddy and wear a regular watch daily. Considering one of these if I could get by without the kestrel.
It really depends on how you use your devices. Do you read wind by looking at environmental cues or do you measure it with the Kestrel?

From a ballistic calculator standpoint the watch is missing humidity and wind information. If you share this data from your buddies Kestrel then you would be fine with just the watch. Same if you don't use the Kestrel to measure wind.

It really depends on how you use your devices. Do you read wind by looking at environmental cues or do you measure it with the Kestrel?

From a ballistic calculator standpoint the watch is missing humidity and wind information. If you share this data from your buddies Kestrel then you would be fine with just the watch. Same if you don't use the Kestrel to measure wind.
And reality humidity is irrelevant. set at 50% and forget. Really glad Kestrel integration is here. HUGE.

Reactions: mettee
I'm noticing significant battery drain for no apparent reason. I'm seeing 15-20% battery estimate loss in 24hrs and have not changed settings or loaded new apps recently.
Could there have been an update pushed that is running something in the background which I'm not seeing got turned on? It's not claiming to be running an activity track or GPS under normal conditions.
I did go track some activities over the weekend but charged it after I was done on Sunday and now I'm seeing 42% battery two days later.
Suggestions on what I might need to check or look into?
Thanks

I noticed the same battery drain that started suddenly with mine as well, I turned WIFI off and it's back to normal. I've always had WIFI on before, the software hadn't been updated recently, and no other changes other then I pulled it off the charger one morning and noticed the next day I had lost a ton of battery life while running zero activities and no GPS. I haven't tried turning WIFI back on since.

I noticed the same battery drain that started suddenly with mine as well, I turned WIFI off and it's back to normal. I've always had WIFI on before, the software hadn't been updated recently, and no other changes other then I pulled it off the charger one morning and noticed the next day I had lost a ton of battery life while running zero activities and no GPS. I haven't tried turning WIFI back on since.
A power down and restart solved my issues.

Reactions: aaronk
Sitting here waiting for the hurricane to arrive I thought I’d test the barometer on the watch. I compared it to my kestrel over the course of the day and they were within .01 of each other with the watch being on the higher side. So more than accurate enough.

Reactions: Garmin
@Garmin what size watch bands does this thing take? Trying to find some alternatives
The Tactix is a 26mm wide watch band. Any 26mm band for Garmin should work. We have silicone, nylon, leather and titanium available from us. There are a bunch of 3rd party bands out there too. You'll want the same bands as the Fenix 7X (or previous X model).

The Tactix is a 26mm wide watch band. Any 26mm band for Garmin should work. We have silicone, nylon, leather and titanium available from us. There are a bunch of 3rd party bands out there too. You'll want the same bands as the Fenix 7X (or previous X model).
Got it thanks. Looking for something that fits better but isn’t Velcro.

Does it have the same body as the Fenix? Found some 3rd party protectors and was wondering if those work

Ordered a couple of these on eBay. Will report back if they are worth a shit

59062CDE-4D16-4D23-BD9A-3E6319F478FA.jpeg

Reactions: Snapper314
@Garmin something weird started yesterday, my watch time is 1 minute off of my phone. I’ve verified the watch and phone are paired and connected. Where does the watch pull it’s time from?

@Garmin something weird started yesterday, my watch time is 1 minute off of my phone. I’ve verified the watch and phone are paired and connected. Where does the watch pull it’s time from?
Force a sync with the Garmin Connect mobile app. I believe that will pull the phone time to the watch.

Additionally, the watch can be set in 2 different ways. Use GPS Time or Set Manually.

If you hold the middle left button down to get to the menu, then select System, Time, Time Sync you will get the option to force sync the watch time with your phone.

Force a sync with the Garmin Connect mobile app. I believe that will pull the phone time to the watch.

Additionally, the watch can be set in 2 different ways. Use GPS Time or Set Manually.

If you hold the middle left button down to get to the menu, then select System, Time, Time Sync you will get the option to force sync the watch time with your phone.
Did not work. I forced the sun it said it sync’d. Time is still a good 30 seconds off. Not much but if I was in a tactical application it could be life and death

The weather app on my watch quit working immediately following the most recent software update. When I go to the app it reads "waiting for data." Has anyone else experienced this problem?

My experience with that plug is it traps sweat and water and causes rust on the connector. Be warned
I've found them useful when working sheetrock, insulation, wood cutting, mulch, etc., when the dust and debris clog the port.

My watch reboots after connecting to the rangefinder now. It worked great since I bought it, but I'm guessing a software update was untested or my watch is malfunctioning. Reboots as soon as a range is received.

Garmin support is helpful but slow. Hopefully this gets resolved or I'll switch to the kestrel.

guys, I can buy a used Tactix 7 pro(non-ballistics) for a good deal. Can I upgrade it to Ballistics version and how much does is cost? Are there any other differences between these 2 versions other than AB?

guys, I can buy a used Tactix 7 pro(non-ballistics) for a good deal. Can I upgrade it to Ballistics version and how much does is cost? Are there any other differences between these 2 versions other than AB?

If you update the software on the Tactix 7 Pro to the current version then you can use the AB Synapse - Garmin mobile app to puchase the upgrade to Applied Ballistics Elite.

Just ordered a Sig Sauer Kilo8k to use with my new Tactix Amoled. Looking into adding a Kestrel, but want to ask about compatibility with the 5700x Elite. Its not listed on the garmin website with the exact same format.

Compatible Wind Sensors​

• 5700AL Elite
  • 5700AL-I ITAR Elite
  • 5700AL-R Elite with prebuilt Ruger profiles
  • 5700XAL X-hardware Elite
  • 5700XALSF X-hardware Elite for SF
  • 5700XEL ABX Elite (Military version)
https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=jz6wciNu303lc9nSPiyUs9

Reactions: StateOfConfusion
Just ordered a Sig Sauer Kilo8k to use with my new Tactix Amoled. Looking into adding a Kestrel, but want to ask about compatibility with the 5700x Elite. Its not listed on the garmin website with the exact same format.

Compatible Wind Sensors​

• 5700AL Elite
  • 5700AL-I ITAR Elite
  • 5700AL-R Elite with prebuilt Ruger profiles
  • 5700XAL X-hardware Elite
  • 5700XALSF X-hardware Elite for SF
  • 5700XEL ABX Elite (Military version)
https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=jz6wciNu303lc9nSPiyUs9
I can speak to this as I have both. You don't actually pair a kestrel to the Garmin. The Garmin uses it's own on board sensors and any paired Tempe units for atmospherics to provide a solution. You still manually input wind direction and speed(s) on the watch.

I can speak to this as I have both. You don't actually pair a kestrel to the Garmin. The Garmin uses its own on board sensors and any paired Tempe units for atmospherics to provide a solution. You still manually input wind direction and speed(s) on the watch.
I bought a Kestrel, and I did pair it with the watch, and it updates environment data automatically every other minute. When both the Kestrel and Kilo are paired with the Garmin watch it’s very easy to add targets. Using the Kilo to populate the target card, I’d say it takes around 30 seconds to add 10 targets (when positions are known), by just clicking on them with the Kilo.

BUT, it was a major PITA to get the paring to work properly. Both the Kestrel and Kilo was hard to get working for me. I had to do several resets and suddenly, when I was about to give up, they started to work properly.

I have a Tactix 7 with AB, and I really enjoy it. However I may be selling it to get the newer OLED version which doesn't come with AB. IF any of you are interested let me know.

I have a Tactix 7 with AB, and I really enjoy it. However I may be selling it to get the newer OLED version which doesn't come with AB. IF any of you are interested let me know.
I actually changed from a Fenix 7 Solar Sapphire, due to the dull display (compared with my Apple Watch Ultra), to the Tactix 7 Amoled. I really love the Amoled version, compared to the Fenix (now collecting dust on a shelf in the company of my Apple Watch Ultra). I also added AB to the amoled and the watch has not left my arm since I bought it, I’m really happy with it. Only annoying thing is the auto display auto-on function (when you turn your wrist to look at the watch face), which doesn’t work as well as Apples version, and compared with my Fenix with the always-on display.

Reactions: skinney_7
I can speak to this as I have both. You don't actually pair a kestrel to the Garmin. The Garmin uses it's own on board sensors and any paired Tempe units for atmospherics to provide a solution. You still manually input wind direction and speed(s) on the watch.
🤔🧐 So I’m confused, because Garmin’s site says differently.

Maybe @Garmin can chime in.

Using the Wind Sensor with Applied Ballistics on Your Watch​

1. Press START/STOP to open the activity list.
  2. Select Applied Ballistics.
  3. Press START/STOP.
  4. Select Environment.
  5. Choose Auto Update, or make changes to individual items.
    • Options: Wind Speed 1, Wind Speed 2, Wind Direction, Temperature, Amb/Stn Pressure, and Humidity.
Once paired, the wind sensor will show as connected in the sensor menu.

🤔🧐 So I’m confused, because Garmin’s site says differently.

Maybe @Garmin can chime in.

Using the Wind Sensor with Applied Ballistics on Your Watch​

1. Press START/STOP to open the activity list.
  2. Select Applied Ballistics.
  3. Press START/STOP.
  4. Select Environment.
  5. Choose Auto Update, or make changes to individual items.
    • Options: Wind Speed 1, Wind Speed 2, Wind Direction, Temperature, Amb/Stn Pressure, and Humidity.
Once paired, the wind sensor will show as connected in the sensor menu.
Though you might be able to connect it. There is no need to do so. The watch can function independently of a kestrel. I find no advantage to connecting and maintaining another Bluetooth connection beyond the range finder.