• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Tactix and AB Synapse Bullet Issue

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    Ok,

I’m setting up my rifles using AB synapse to send rifle and bullet information over to my Garmin tactix delta.

When I select a Hornady 147 grain ELDM, The information in the bullet table doesn’t match the information available in Hornady‘s website.

For example, the G1 BC shows up as .633 vs .697 thats on the box.

There is also some confusion for me in that the OAL of the bullet is not readily found online. I literally cannot find it in the bullet information page on Hornetty‘s website.

When I measure the OAL of a 147gr ELDM from stock, it’s 1.462 inches as opposed to 1.433 from AB.

Anyone got some thoughts on this?

Odd, AB Mobile shows the same 1.433" but .617 G1 for me, Strelok shows the .697 number and 1.43", Genesis is .697 and 1.44".
    Wonder if AB's BC is a typo or one of the ones they actually tested that usually say (Litz) in other libraries.

Regarding the length, perhaps you have a new version?

That’s sort of what I was wondering… But I’m pretty sure they would’ve mentioned that they had a superseded version of the bullet.

Part of me was wondering if considering that hornady is using mach 2.5 for the testing to compare themselves to everybody else, and if the real number ends up being different like you said.

They actually have banded BC info at MACH 2.25, 2.0 and 1.75 but not on the individual product pages.
    6.5mm 147 gr. ELD Match
    0.697 G1 0.662 G1 0.637 G1
    0.351 G7 0.332 G7 0.321 G7

Additionally they changed from the ASM to ICAO standard, but even converting the numbers still doesn't make them match the discrepancies.

FYI:

427BA279-A433-41D8-AE4F-29EA90535CFB.png

Ok,

I’m setting up my rifles using AB synapse to send rifle and bullet information over to my Garmin tactix delta.

When I select a Hornady 147 grain ELDM, The information in the bullet table doesn’t match the information available in Hornady‘s website.

For example, the G1 BC shows up as .633 vs .697 thats on the box.

There is also some confusion for me in that the OAL of the bullet is not readily found online. I literally cannot find it in the bullet information page on Hornetty‘s website.

When I measure the OAL of a 147gr ELDM from stock, it’s 1.462 inches as opposed to 1.433 from AB.

Anyone got some thoughts on this?
    @GBMaryland

I believe that the G1/G7 values used by AB are measured on their Doppler system. That is why they typically do not match the values used by the manufactuer