• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

gas block grub screw

mikeshaw2

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2022
NoVA for now
Anyone know off the top of their head what size grub screw secures my AR's gas block to the barrel?

Timney says put a grub screw on top of the grub screw in their trigger assy to keep things tight. My gas block (BCM barrel/gas block) came loose the other day and I'd like to add another grub screw to the grub screw ala Timney to keep that from happening again

Thanks

M

Or a couple mag dumps that works with blue not sure about red, try it.

Best yet sounds like you need to dimple it and use the set screws that dig in and then dont worry about loctite, i dont think loctite does anything anyway because how much heat to put in the barrel when you shoot,unless you're at a range that says 1 round every 10 minutes no rapid fire.

Best yet sounds like you need to dimple it and use the set screws that dig in and then dont worry about loctite, i dont think loctite does anything anyway because how much heat to put in the barrel when you shoot,unless you're at a range that says 1 round every 10 minutes no rapid fire.
That's why I use Rocksett.

Reactions: max1840