• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas block?

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    I’m in the final stages of piecing together my AR, and I’m hung up on the gas block. I have my first supressor in jail, and am wanting to know if I will need to get an adjustable gas block for my build or not if I am planning to shoot the build with my supressor?

What kind of can? Some are known for more back pressure than others.

Unless you’re pinning on the muzzle device, there’s no harm in waiting til you get the can you see how it runs as-is.

I run a superlative gas block on my AR10 with TBAC ultra 9

I’m working on a better dedicated ar15 setup for my Saker 556. I have a bootleg in a sbr currently and it’s ok.

If I run my Saker 556 on my ar 15 I definitely say go with a adjustable gas block. SLR is a good choice to.

If I run my 30 cal can there is enough volume and larger bore etc that I don’t need anything on my AR15. They run and function excellent with standard equipment.

I run a superlative gas block on my AR10 with TBAC ultra 9

I’m working on a better dedicated ar15 setup for my Saker 556. I have a bootleg in a sbr currently and it’s ok.

If I run my Saker 556 on my ar 15 I definitely say go with a adjustable gas block. SLR is a good choice to.

If I run my 30 cal can there is enough volume and larger bore etc that I don’t need anything on my AR15. They run and function excellent with standard equipment.
    The can I got coming is a 30 cal. I’m tempted to get the SLR as a “have it vs need it” but still on the fence

I’m running superlative, and really like it. Joy to shoot suppressed.

The only other type of gas block that may pull me away from the superlative is something with a faster way to adjust, like the noveske switchblock, which I may have to try at some point.

I run an SLR on all my comp and sbr and canned ar's. I highly recommend them, especially with a can.

Better to have it and not need it.
    I love the Seekins Precision SP adjustable.

If your piecing it together just go adjustable. That way if you ever want it you have it.

I am a fan of the SLR adjustable block as well. I have a number of them and they have all worked well.

Another slr user here on 3 ar's...if it's a shtf rifle I dunno I think I would stick with a fixed gas block for reliability but I'm probably paranoid and keep a standard 16" as a backup

I would not build a precision AR without an AGB. Nor without a JP Silent captured buffer.

I run Syrac adjustable gas blocks, I like the clicks they have, that way when shooting unsurpassed(which is rare) I open it up 5 clicks

Run an adjustable gas block.

I have an SLR and Superlative Arms adjustable gas blocks and both are great. Can't go wrong with either one.

Any advantage to run a piston kit instead of traditional gas? I figured it would be cleaner but may affect accuracy and recoil... any ideas?

Any advantage to run a piston kit instead of traditional gas? I figured it would be cleaner but may affect accuracy and recoil... any ideas?
    DI vs Piston, now that is a mildly polarizing debate... lots of opinions, threads, debate and mixed outcomes. I have a couple PWS rifles, and they work great suppressed. If going piston, purpose built piston seem to run better, and that would be my suggestion *if going piston*.

I also run adjustable gas block on traditional “DI” (some argument on the AR qualifying as DI or not, technically the piston is in the bolt carrier). Adjustable gas block works great on rifle length barrels for me with a suppressor.

If piston is interesting to you, get a dedicated piston upper from PWS/LWRC/Adams/Sig/HK/etc, skip the kit. Or run an adjustable gas block. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: anginaprinzmetal