• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas gun Optic Mount?

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
I have an AR10 (Palmetto PA10) with the Midewest Rail

anyone know of a QD mount to fit a 50mm objective that WILL allow me to keep a flipup rear magpul mbus?

Edit to add: Needs to be a 30mm

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:
The Badger 1.5" one piece should do it fine. It's a SOLID mount. It's what I use for a 30mm tube, 44mm obj. on an SR25 and the eyepiece, which is huge, clears the KAC flip ups just fine. I get a good cheek weld and image too, it's not just "what works" it's actually what I wanted. I have an ER25 with rings the same height on a .50 and it has a (58mm?) obj. and is fine. They have a few different ones at different heights, lengths and cants (mine will accommodate a USO erector, you know how hard it is to find a good mount for those?) if you don't need the 1.5 just call 'em and see, they know what their shit fits thankfully. The SN'd USMC rings are a work of utilitarian art. Any of their caps will work with their rings as long as they fit; doesn't matter if they are aluminum or not. The aluminum caps are also indicated for use on the USMC rings when rails or special caps are needed; I talked to Badger and they told me the aluminum caps do nothing to the performance of the mount, nor do they take anything away.

Any 1.5" one piece mount should work so it doesn't have to be Badger. They make some heavy shit but it's good shit. Their rings and mounts don't require any work prior to use.

1.5" will also generally work with clip on NV and thermal too FWIW. Badger quickly became on of my go-to's. They have good shit and they usually have exactly what I need.

The KAC flips are lower than the magpies by a good bit if I remember right. But yes a 1.5” mount will usually get it. If not go with a low pro buis.

The KAC flips are lower than the magpies by a good bit if I remember right. But yes a 1.5” mount will usually get it. If not go with a low pro buis.

Yeah, the KAC sights are pretty small, they're all I use save one ARMS #40 (?). But 1.5 is generally good regardless unless your eyepiece is extra ordinary. With a SOPMOD stock I get a great cheek weld too.

If you have any questions, just call Badger. They're one of those companies that know their own shit. Remember the steel rings and mounts are no shit solid but heavy. Aluminum is probably fine if you can get what you want in it; they do lighten it as much as they can without compromising ANY strength though.

Oh, Era Tac was the one I wanted to mention too. VERY costly, but VERY high end --the expensive ones have adj. MOA --built into the mount. God I'd love this for my .50 or .338. Ability to use clip ons and have adj. MOA in one setup.

Got One!

with with a GG&G accucam 30 mm mount. Gives me 1.46”. Optics Planet had a sale going with free shipping.

Thanks guys!!