• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas Issues In DD5v1

scrumpdeleos

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2018
IA
Hey All,

as the title states i am having gas issues in my DD5V1. I have installed an adjustable gas block that DD sent me. I am using some SSA 168 Nosler rounds and have had a failure to extract the spent casing. I have to mortar the rifle to get it out (very lightly and it seems to come loose). The rifle is using a YHM Phantom LT can. I have shot Hornady and Federal through this gun and have also had mixed results. The reason i am hung up on the SSA is it performs fine in my LMT MWS and other 308 rifles. Looking for some input from some of you guys to help me out.

Thanks!

How does the gas block function? It sounds like you have the gas turned off. Or, it is so mis-aligned that no gas is getting to the bcg.

How does the gas block function? It sounds like you have the gas turned off. Or, it is so mis-aligned that no gas is getting to the bcg.
Gas block is either a suppressed or un-suppresses setting. I have it in the Suppressed setting and it functions fine with other ammo, just not the SSA one.

Make sure your chamber is clean.... and sometimes a "new" chamber and bolt lugs need some break in time.

Do the SSA rounds fit into a case gauge ?

I have the DD5V4 in 6.5. I haven’t had any issues with adjustable block with my SF can. Will it eject the SSA round without your can on it?

I have the DD5V4 in 6.5. I haven’t had any issues with adjustable block with my SF can. Will it eject the SSA round without your can on it?

It does, I just want to know why it doesn't suppressed. Is the SSA ammo to light of a load? When i mortar the rifle i barely have to do it. The V1 is the detent charging handle version (stupid in my opinion). I figured that could be playing a part in it, but idk.