• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas key bottoming out on gas tube on a rainier barrel

LongArm

Problem Solver
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2007
Corpus Christi, Texas
I just installed a rainier select match barrel in mid length on my lr308. The gas tube is the same one I used with my factory barrel and so is the bolt. With the bolt out the gas tube is bottoming out inside the gas key. What is the actual length of the gas tube from beginning to end. i think that the gas block is in the wrong place.

Are you using the same gas block? I'm waiting for my Paladin Machine adjustable gas block to show up but the manufacturer already let me know that I'm going to need to cut the gas tube .9" shorter.

I am using the same gas block that I had on my original barrel a SLR DA7 adjustable gas block. I think that the gas tube is 1/4" longer on the Bushmaster ORC (LR308) I have

So only the barrel is different? Should be a simple check to compare your old barrel and new barrel. Are you sure the gas tube is seated completely in the gas block?

I sold the old barrel. The gas blok is correctly seated. After doing some research I think that The Bushmaster ORC has longer than spec gas tubes. I will know soon as I ordered a new gas tube.

OK after receiving the new spec gas mid length gas tube, the ORC gas tube was about 1/4" to 3/8" longer than spec. This is what I has though was the problem.
I buttoned it up and everything closed and worked fine
If any one needs a longer mid length gas tube I gotz one.