• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gastonia Sniper Conference

Re: Gastonia Sniper Conference

Looks like fun. I can't get those dates off, though. Maybe next year.

Now you guys now the DHS will be there schooling you up on ranging and reading wind. I hope the dope daddy will show me some tricks. See you there for sure.

Well, we can't make it this year but I would like to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable comp. This is definitely the best time I have had at any competition. Much thanks to the Gastonia PD for putting on an awesome event.

Watch out for the Naugatuck team. Not so much the tall skinny one, but the short one is real sneaky.
grin.gif

I also hear Team Manners has the dark horse this year.

And lastly, someone please push the DHS guys off the tower if given the chance!!

I used to live in Gastonia. Went to HHH school when we where there. My dad built a few of the big bridges in Charlotte and help repave the speedway while we where there.

I was wondering is this comp. for LEO and Military only or is it open to cilizen teams?

I will make sure I'll spray on the multicam paint on him every morning. Don't make fun now, Who do you think is going to throw my heart shaped ass up that tower durint the O course?

dont want any civies out shootin the professionals. come on,let everbody shoot.

well guys,

Looks like I will be there for day one with a clicker in my hand.

Hope you all enjoy the class I give
wink.gif

John

No worries,

I got a fix for that crap.

oh, did that link help any?

John

Yes Sir it did, I completed it, havent heard anything back.

Seriously happy you will be there, any clue how long you will hang around for? Or are you just going to do the class and pop smoke?

Until about 1700 or so.

I got to go to work the next day.

But I will hang out for the CBS Shot.

I have a feeling my class will need some more talking at the range for anyone that wants to talk.
smile.gif

John

Congrats to Naugatuck PD for taking first place in the 2010 event.
Raleigh PD and US Mint took second and third. Thanks to all the sponsors and shooters this year.

See You next year.

Hey fun comp! Appreciate you letting the ole "83rd" come around and shoot a bit.

Would that be Ray and Ian? Damn good job guys!

Way to go guys!! Glad to see RAY could hold it together and not self destruct LOL

Congrats Guys!

I just wanted to thank everyone at the Gastonia Police Dept for putting on an awesome conference, what an outstanding crew that put in many hard hours of work from the crack of dawn till it got dark everynight. The events were really well thought out and the targets were really challenging with pretty much a 3/8 MOA X-ring. Gongrats to the top three winning teams who took home an awesome package from USO, FN rifles, and Leupold Optics plus many other Companies that contributed to the packages!! We had a great time and met a bunch of great people and good shooters!!

DHS Team 2

Really wanted to make this, maybe next year.

so they made the x-ring bigger this year ?! sweet .. .

lol, it's impressive to see the time, effort and commitment from not only the Gastonia PD but the local community as well;

the range complex is outstanding -

and the match is flawless

Gastonia sets the standard for sniper matches

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GOT M107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell Ray to get off his ass and send them out.
</div></div>

+1 LOL

Any of the 2010 Shooters..if you have not contacted me and need a training certificate please email me your contact info (correct spelling of name) and address for them to be shipped to.

email [email protected]

We are still waiting on the pics so we can make copies and get them up on the site.

Take Care
Eric

Just got the pics..should be on the site soon. If you do not recieve them in the next week or so let me know and I will get a copy out to you. We are looking at a way to put them online so they can be downloaded to make it easier.

We should know next week if the admin will allow the comp to go on in 2011. There has been some rumblings so we can hope for the best.

You run a great event. Let me know if their is anything I can do on my end to make sure it continues.

OK everyone..We got the official Thumbs up from the city heads to continue with the comp. Registration forms should be up on the site some time next week. We are planning on opening the comp to the first 40 teams that register. If anyone has any questions let me know. See You in September..

Eric

Glad to hear it. I had a great time last year and will be back this year.

Shoot, looks like I should be leaving NC in August or September. If I happen to still be around, what are the guidelines for mil spectating?

I would love to compete, but the timeline is unsure for me. I should either be about to move or already moving by the time of the comp. As such, I don't want to waste a slot for competitors.

I would like to either spectate or help out if I can though, as my gear will probably not be available at the time of the comp.

I shot yesterday at the range.. looked to be in good shape. Hopefully, if I can get away from work, I will come down and see some of you guys in action.

This is a pretty big deal here and we are proud to have an event like this. Also proud of our LEO's. Class A facility and even kid-friendly on the weekends. RO's are always happy to see the young one's take up proper shooting.