• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gauging Interest in 10-22 stock

paraman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2003
Boise , Idaho
OK I posted a while back trying to gauge interest in a stock . The project then went a little different direction but here are the results . It is very similar to the A3-5 except it is made from a laminate . The grip area will not have the quartz imbedded on the final version but since this is someones personal stock he modified it to match his A3-5 . I have posted pics of the actual A3-5 just for comparison . The inlet will be CNC'd so it will have a very good fit compared to some of the less expensive "Tactical" 10-22 stocks currently available . Price would be in the 200 dollar range and the Caddy would not be included
wink.gif

10-22_A3-5_8_.JPG

10-22_A3-5_7_.JPG

10-22_A3-5_2_.JPG

10-22_A3-5_5_.JPG

10-22_A3-5_3_.JPG

10-22_A3-5_6_.JPG

10-22_A3-5_1_.JPG

10-22_A3-5_4_.JPG

Re: Interest in 10-22 stock

Great looking stock. I know I would be interested in one.

Then I saw the $ 200.00 price and thought no f'n way for that price. Then I saw that I didn't have to take the rusty assed caddy, so $ 200.00 is gtg.

Any idea when these might be available?

I would be interested in one, you throw in the christmas tree air freshener lol.

Uhh, 200.00? You're going to have a TON of orders my friend!
smile.gif

Do you see any future for making these inletted for MkII's or 452's? I would be very interested and I believe a "but load" of others would be too.

If you make one for the CZ-452 I would be interested if it didn’t weight more than 6 ounces more than the original stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eclipse57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Then I saw the $ 200.00 price and thought no f'n way for that price. Then I saw that I didn't have to take the rusty assed caddy, so $ 200.00 is gtg.

</div></div>

I'll take the Caddy!

NICE looking work! At first I thought they were the same stock, pre & post paint/mods. And yeah, they'll sell. Likely more quickly, or near to as you can keep up with.

If you ever get to needing some interesting, & or hard to find [exotic] lumber, plywood [a menagerie of types], or similar products try here http://www.edensaw.com/ It's tough to stop by the place & not find something new/you've not seen nor heard of.

Please for the love of god, offer these for 77/22 folks. Theres a fairly large 77/22 market thats interested in a stock like this.

I would be very interested as my 10/22 is sitting in its case without a stock, waiting on a similar product that doesn't appear will come through for a very long time. Just let me know when you're ready to take orders and I will send you a payment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please for the love of god, offer these for 77/22 folks. Theres a fairly large 77/22 market thats interested in a stock like this. </div></div>

Agreed, and for the CZ line would be incredible too. They both need new stock choices.

Very nice looking stock. Any idea of options (if any) you will be offering, swivels, texturing etc? Also when will you be doing a run?

I am not sure if or when these will go into production . The guys who built them are just trying to get a feel for whether they can sell enough to make it pay as its about a 10 grand up front investment to make a run of them and the markup on these isn't as great as you might think .

That's why they wind up making them for the most popular rifles on the planet first for right handed shooters first . After they have made back their investment they can start looking at what comes next
laugh.gif

My guess is that if a bunch of guys post they want one in the next few weeks they will be making it happen as quick as they can .

Outstanding. I'm sure they'd sell 50 within a week if they shipped in a reasonable amount of time.

I will be touching base with the guys on this and hope to be posting some more info this week .

Just out of curiosity, what would make it worth twice the price of other similar styled stocks? I'm not against it, but I don't see what this does for ~200 that another stock doesn't do at $92. I'd be out at $200ish unless there was indication that the stock held up to more abuse or had some tangible advantage over what else is out there.

How about with a 15" length of pull?
If I have to cobble enough stuff on the back to make it fit,
the price/value ratio does not intrest.
If you make them to fit the shooter 200 is real cheap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clodhopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about with a 15" length of pull?
If I have to cobble enough stuff on the back to make it fit,
the price/value ratio does not intrest.
If you make them to fit the shooter 200 is real cheap. </div></div>

Sorry but I don't see them being able to accommodate different LOP's .

If you need one with a 15 inch LOP I would contact Joel Russo and I am sure he can accommodate your needs . Bear in mind that while his product will be very similar his price may be a fair bit higher and his lead time a bit longer .

The problem with making them all completely custom to meet one persons needs is that the price has to reflect that .

I'd be interested but even more so if it came with the adjustable cheek that the MCM comes with.

Guys, adjustable butt plates and adjustable cheekpieces can be added later on. You aren't going to get that for $200 but laminate is pretty easy to work with. There are several threads that walk you through this stuff. That being said, I would be interested in one if they were ready to ship. I am not interested in a pre order deal.

These will not be a pre-order type deal . My guess is that the initial shipment of stocks will be 50-70 and they will show up all at once and then you will be able to order them . This is not gonna be some long drawn out deal with 1 or 2 stocks shipping out every 3-5 weeks . It will also not be a custom order type deal where you can ask for a bunch of different options then wait a month or 2 for your stock to ship .

I spoke with the guys who are doing this yesterday and the pattern stock is at the stock duplicators shop . However the guy who does the pricing is currently out of the shop but is expected back this week some time .

I'm in for one when they're ready, so long as the grip on the left side mirrors the right. That's my biggest complaint of most of the available stocks, they're not ambi.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a ABS carbon wrapped 22lr barrel??? Hahaha...NICE!!! </div></div>

Yep , it is something else the fellas have been testing for a while . Early results look like Volquartzen may have some serious competition
wink.gif

@Redmanss ... I am pushing for a stock dished equally on both sides so as to be ambidextrous . It wouldn't cost any extra and would give the lefties a nice alternative . Hopefully they listen to me .

Thanks. Looking forward to the final product.

Now if PWS would just get their T3 receiver released.....

I talked to the guy that’s working to produce this stock and the delay is not from lack of desire but he is having an inlet issue with his current stock maker and knows you guys won’t accept what they are producing so he’s not willing to move forward with this stock until the issues get resolved.

Just an update to let the interested parties know it’s not dead but severely delayed.

Thanks for the info, and at least I'm not in any rush but will definitely pick one up when they become available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please for the love of god, offer these for 77/22 folks. Theres a fairly large 77/22 market thats interested in a stock like this.</div></div>

+1

Thanks for the post with an update J Mack . I do know that several samples have been received and none of them were acceptable . This is why we are not taking pre-orders or deposits on these badboys just yet
wink.gif

Rest assured that if and when they become available I will let everyone know and they will show up as advertised .

I just wanted to let you guys know that finding a stock maker that will produce these to the fit and finish level you guys will demand is proving tougher than we thought . My guys have gotten several samples that fell far short of the mark . The project is not being cancelled but is taking longer than anticipated . Rest assured that when these become available you guys will be the first to know and the quality level will be what you guys expect and deserve .