• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geiselle vs. AR Gold

AK10mm

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2008
Kasilof,AK
www.youtube.com
Need some input from the members,both are the same price pretty much.Which is the best? I already have a couple of Jewell triggers, and RR Match,etc.I have come down to either the AR Gold or the Geiselle for my latest build.Input is appreciated.

Re: Geiselle vs. AR Gold

Tried em both, preferred the AR Gold. I like the ultra short light takeup on the AR Gold, the very smooth second stage, and installation is so simple I could put one in within 3 minutes including the time it takes to remove the old trigger.

Seems like the AR Gold is a totally new design from all the others.Was about to pull the trigger(no pun intended)on the Geiselle when I found out about the AR Gold.

I have both. I had the same dilemma when I was shopping for a AR308 trigger. I started with the G since they did not charge $15 for shipping a trigger like AR gold did. But I had to get the AR gold for another build. Like ARP the AR gold is nice. I like the G trigger as well, and its been proven reliable.

really depends on if u like blonds or brunettes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tried em both, preferred the AR Gold. I like the ultra short light takeup on the AR Gold, the very smooth second stage, and installation is so simple I could put one in within 3 minutes including the time it takes to remove the old trigger. </div></div>

How is the trigger reset on the AR Gold compared to the Geiselle? Is the take up your description to my trigger reset? This is the action you do after firing and holding the trigger back, then release just enough for you feel the click and ready for the next trigger pull.

Geiselle.
His triggers are used by more AR match/service rifle shooters than any other that I know of.

My 4.5 lb adjustable SR trigger has a second stage of about 1.25 lbs.

Very easy to break steady shots with, and a very safe trigger as well.
Reliable too.

If you like your RRA match, get the Geissele!!!!!

i just received and installed one and I am BLOWN AWAY by how nice Bill's trigger is!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know about the AR Gold but I do have a Geissele and absolutly love it.</div></div>
+1 on that. I got my first DMR Geissele Trigger for my SASS and then I ended up getting two more and a SSA. The best AR trigger's I have felt.

Like he said blondes and brunettes. The reset that you are speaking of is very short. The first stage of the trigger is very light and short also and the second stage is not too light and very crisp. If I had another Geiselle, well I would trade it for an AR Gold or sell it to get one if I wanted a two stage trigger. I did exactly this last year matter of fact.

i have most recently tried the ar gold on two different guns......they ARE the shit for sure

^^^^I just bought an ar gold to replace my lr-308 trigger, and it is extremely smooth!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have both. I had the same dilemma when I was shopping for a AR308 trigger. I started with the G since they did not charge $15 for shipping a trigger like AR gold did. But I had to get the AR gold for another build. Like ARP the AR gold is nice. I like the G trigger as well, and its been proven reliable.

really depends on if u like blonds or brunettes </div></div>

Depends on what they look like....but I run the Geiselle, would that be a brunette since the AR Gold is gold or blonde?

I havent used the AR gold but the Guiselle has been superb in my AR15, I love it, true 2.5lb crisp trigger in an AR is awesome.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I havent used the AR gold but the Guiselle has been superb in my AR15, I love it, true 2.5lb crisp trigger in an AR is awesome.

CJG </div></div>

+1. Have the DMR in my POF .223 and the SSA in my POF 308.

Great triggers, haven't tried the AR gold though.

-dan

I have used and fired a Geiselle but never owned one or shot it long term. I don't want to now that I have an AR Gold. The Gold is an awesome trigger, hands down the best I've tried including Geiselle, X-Treme, Krieger/Milazzo, Jewel, etc. I hope it has a long life because it will see alot of use from me.

The X-Treme and the Geiselle are damn fine triggers, you can't really go wrong with one.

The Krieger/Milazzo was good but it's out of production.

The Jewel can be adjusted for a low pull weight but is so slow it is like a flintlock conversion for the AR.

I believe it is a non adjustable, 3 pd pull for the SR version for the 308 platforms.

It is adjustable but it doesn't come with directions how to do it. I have not put a gauge on mine but I would guess it's currently under 2 lbs.

Been shooting a Geiselle in my long range comp. AR10 rifle for as long as they have been on the market. Adjusments have not changed one bit since I initially installed and set it up. The very 1st thing that impressed me the most about it was when I pulled that trigger the 1st time. The locktime is very fast.
I have not tried a Gold out yet. How does the locktime compare between the Geiselle and the Gold for those who have/have had both?

My ear says the Gold is faster but that's very unscientific.
grin.gif

Thanks for the great responses,seems like both are top shelf for sure,thinking the best solution is to sell my Jewell and buy one of each for the rifles I'm keeping.The Jewell has been great but can be a bitch to set up for the first time.

I typically run KNS pins in all my AR's,do you guys recommend them with the Geiselle of the AR Gold?

I sent them (AR Gold) an e-mail a couple of months ago about the locktime, and they sent me back and said they have never tested that, but need to.

The Giessle is the fastest measured, so far.

Locktime is VERY important, as a bolt gun's bullet is well on the way to the target before the AR has even hit the primer.

The Gold comes with a set of pins, good pins but I don't think it matters which pins you use as long as they are snug. I think good anti-walk pins would be a plus. The neat part is you can remove the Gold and put it in another lower and it's still perfectly adjusted.

BTW....I bought mine from Bravo Co. and same price as maufacturer but shipping was cheap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the great responses,seems like both are top shelf for sure,thinking the best solution is to sell my Jewell and buy one of each for the rifles I'm keeping.The Jewell has been great but can be a bitch to set up for the first time.

I typically run KNS pins in all my AR's,do you guys recommend them with the Geiselle of the AR Gold? </div></div>

No.
Run the pins that Geiselle supplies with his trigger.
They all have positive detent locking, and will not walk out under use.

After a couple of tac carbine courses (and 2500+rds) with a Geiselle SSA in my 16" Noveske RECON, ...
CIMG0185.jpg

... I had my AR-dealer install the Geiselle DMR in my 18" precision AR, right now set-up for ground hogs & 'yotes. He set the pull at something insanely light but safe. This trigger now has about 700-rds through it ...

CIMG1092-1.jpg

Both have been great triggers, in my experience, and I'll get a second SSA next month for another AR.

Haven't tried the Gold trigger, so can't comment on it.

cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KClark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Gold comes with a set of pins, good pins but I don't think it matters which pins you use as long as they are snug. I think good anti-walk pins would be a plus. The neat part is you can remove the Gold and put it in another lower and it's still perfectly adjusted.

BTW....I bought mine from Bravo Co. and same price as maufacturer but shipping was cheap. </div></div>

Pins aren't very important with these cartridge unit type drop in triggers; they just hold the unit in the receiver. Tolerances are all built around the bushings on which the trigger and hammer pivot. the pins just pass through these bushings.

That makes the Gold, Timney, and Chip McCormick especially suited to blowback pistol caliber guns , which have a reputation for being hard on hammer pins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steppenwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

... He set the pull at something insanely light but safe. </div></div>

Safe to you maybe lol. I wouldn't tell anyone a trigger on any firearm I own is insanely light, that's asking for trouble.

Regarding the AR Gold trigger I remember reading a thread on arfcom about it where just about everyone had something bad to say about it. I wish I could remember what the problems were but after reading that I wouldn't touch one. Too bad the search feature over there is worthless. Glad to hear people like it on this forum I need a better, reliable trigger for my ARs.

I never tried the Gold, but do own an Geiselle. The Geiselle is one of very few products that actually live up to all the hype you hear. +1 Geiselle.

I have not had any problems with my AR Gold. I ran 2500+ rounds in three days no problems. They are completely adjustable (ran mine right out of the box). I was going to run a Geiselle but no one had them in stock. I have run the SSA and I can say I like the Gold better. To date I have about 3200 rounds on the AR gold and it is running like the day I installed it.

have both, prefer the AR/SR gold except for a long range AR used mostly single shot where I prefer the G at about 1 1/2 lb