• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele AR10/7.62 etc rail systems

jMarine

YUUUT!
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2022
Alabama
I know they did a trial run of this some years ago, but does anyone know some insider shit whether or not Geissele will ever manufacture rails (on a regular basis) for large frame AR’s? Secondly, does anyone know why they do not? Just curious. Thanks

I don't know any insider shit from the G folks- but I can add some input from other companies that didn't go down this road.

1. Most AR10's today come with rails that are more than tolerable. So there isn't a lot of rip-and -replace market.
2. There are 3 different types of AR10 uppers and all of them take a different barrel condom. Hence you get this thing where its hard to make a one-and-done type manufacturing setup.
3. People go all the way through buying and installing a rail...and they got the wrong one. So now dealers/mfgs have to eat the cost of a used rail on a return.

I agree it would be cool - I also think that the G folks should release a 6.5/308 platform gun with their rail and it would friggin take off like a rocket.

Reactions: Itsadryheat
My Geissele rail came with two nuts -- one for mounting to a KAC SR-25, the other for an Armalite AR-10.

I have the single Geissele but have also used Superior, Larue, SLR Rifleworks, and Midwest Industries on both different thread pitches.

Geissele VSASS rifle:

img_4294.jpg

Armalite AR-10T:

DSC00905_JPG-2276581.JPG

Last edited:
I don't know any insider shit from the G folks- but I can add some input from other companies that didn't go down this road.

1. Most AR10's today come with rails that are more than tolerable. So there isn't a lot of rip-and -replace market.
2. There are 3 different types of AR10 uppers and all of them take a different barrel condom. Hence you get this thing where its hard to make a one-and-done type manufacturing setup.
3. People go all the way through buying and installing a rail...and they got the wrong one. So now dealers/mfgs have to eat the cost of a used rail on a return.

I agree it would be cool - I also think that the G folks should release a 6.5/308 platform gun with their rail and it would friggin take off like a rocket.
Yeah I totally can see this point. For every model/design that’s made, 3 different types would have to be made. But I also feel like the market is bigger now than it was say 10 years ago.

Agreed. If not individual rails, at least come out with an entire platform maybe. I’m just a sucker for G rails. They’re very nice.

My Geissele rail came with two nuts -- one for mounting to a KAC SR-25, the other for an Armalite AR-10.

I have the single Geissele but have also used Superior, Larue, SLR Rifleworks, and Midwest Industries on both different thread pitches.

Geissele VSASS rifle:

img_4294.jpg
Sending 2 nuts is a good way to solve most of the issues. That’s a sweet lookin rig!

• Love
Reactions: GhostFace
I have called Geissele more than once over the years to ask if they had an AR-10 handguard. The response over the phone was, nope, don't and haven't had.

I like the MK7's and MK13's that I do have and my old AR-10T could use a CMP Long Range Service Rifle legal handguard.

I didn't know about the SLR handguard, thanks. Armalite just updated their website as having similar handguards available too.

I also need some 20 round mags to be class legal. All I have are 10 round mags from when I bought the gun during the ban.

As it is set up now, it also is over the 14 pounds that CMP and NRA both use for their AR Tactical Rifle classes. How much does yours weigh as it is in the photo?

HELIX_14.87_Q__28856.1573539967.jpg

Found it, Helix Quad. Thanks.

An AR-10 version of the Giessele MK-7, sling attach, weights, and all would be nice though.

Reactions: sinister
I am so confused, forgive my ignorance. Did this come from Geissele or is this yours since you said you were waiting on an MK11 upper. If so, it looks like an MK4 rail, how did you manage to slap it on to a KAC? As one mentioned, they weren't interested in making an AR-10/SR-25/DPMS rail. There's also one up here on an AR-10T, what's the backstory on that?

Geissele VSASS rifle:

img_4294.jpg

Armalite AR-10T:

DSC00905_JPG-2276581.JPG

go with the centurion arms rails, they look, feel, and just work great on large frame ARs

Reactions: Jsp556
I am so confused, forgive my ignorance. Did this come from Geissele or is this yours since you said you were waiting on an MK11 upper. If so, it looks like an MK4 rail, how did you manage to slap it on to a KAC? As one mentioned, they weren't interested in making an AR-10/SR-25/DPMS rail. There's also one up here on an AR-10T, what's the backstory on that?
Geissele released 7-8 to the public marked SR25, MK1.5, 14.5". I got mine 3yrs ago brand new. So far I've seen 3, and know a guy with 2 (blk/sand). I think the blk ones are 15". I have yet to build mine. I refuse to cut the anti rotation tabs. So waiting on a Centurion arms mk11 upper receiver. Probably run a 16" 6.5 creedmoor. I got a few kac, lmt lowers to play with.

Geissele released 7-8 to the public marked SR25, MK1.5, 14.5". I got mine 3yrs ago brand new. So far I've seen 3, and know a guy with 2 (blk/sand). I think the blk ones are 15". I have yet to build mine. I refuse to cut the anti rotation tabs. So waiting on a Centurion arms mk11 upper receiver. Probably run a 16" 6.5 creedmoor. I got a few kac, lmt lowers to play with.
Lucky Bastard...

Reactions: MR.Abrams